2 days with just over 7 hours SOT-screenshot_20171120-050508.jpg2 days with just over 7 hours SOT-screenshot_20171120-050458.jpg

2 days with just over 7 hrs SOT. Battery use is always subjective to the end user but for me, this is pretty stellar. The display was full blast until it went to battery saver mode. Could have got more out of it but that wouldn't have been my real-world use.
    CB-BB-BBM and PHughes like this.
    11-20-17 08:06 AM
    For those who travel a lot or are not near a power sources for recharging.... huge battery is a great feature.

It;s one reason many devices in "developing" markets have these huge batteries I guess in western markets it's just not as big a concern, as we don't see many devices with big batteries here.

At least Samsung acknowledges it is something business users want... as they bump up the S8 Active's battery by 1,000mAh over the standard Galaxy S8. But with it's high definition screen and power hungry processor... I doubt it comes anywhere close - even with Samsung's great power savings tools.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    11-20-17 08:36 AM
    Battery of BlackBerry Motion currently is the best battery ever and incomparable with with any device available in the market besides it charges so fast really well done BlackBerry Motion and BlackBerry Android
    11-20-17 09:53 AM
    Looks like battery life is as good as keyone! Nice.
    11-20-17 10:47 AM
    B1aze, are we ever going to see an "official" CrackBerry review of the Motion from you or CBK? Surely you can't still be under an embargo with BlackBerry Mobile at this point? The videos were fun, but they don't really add up to the authoritative and in-depth product review one would hope to see. If you guys don't do it, who will?
    11-20-17 11:59 AM
    Battery of BlackBerry Motion currently is the best battery ever and incomparable with with any device available in the market besides it charges so fast really well done BlackBerry Motion and BlackBerry Android
    You need to get out more.... SD625 powered device with a 4,000mAh battery. There are a number of devices with that same match-up... or better (if battery size is what you want). But most are focused on "other" markets that have unique power needs and that are more price sensitive. Some of those devices have AMOLED displays that would further increase battery life.

Now if you mean specifically the Canadian market... yes it's probable in a class all it's own there.
    11-20-17 01:42 PM
    AMOLED consumes more power than IPS under most circumstances; under bright lighting conditions it consumes a LOT more. BlackBerry Mobile didn't choose IPS for it's lower price -- it decided on it because it is materially more power-efficient.
    11-20-17 01:43 PM
    Yeah that’s completely false.
    11-20-17 02:00 PM
    AMOLED consumes more power than IPS under most circumstances; under bright lighting conditions it consumes a LOT more. BlackBerry Mobile didn't choose IPS for it's lower price -- it decided on it because it is materially more power-efficient.
    Amoled screen does save a lot of battery life. I think S7 edge still holds record for longest video play back like 11hrs video playback. I doubt motion can play videos for 11hrs straight.
    11-20-17 02:50 PM
    Amoled screen does save a lot of battery life. I think S7 edge still holds record for longest video play back like 11hrs video playback. I doubt motion can play videos for 11hrs straight.
    Why would you want to play videos for 11 hours straight?
    texn884, nucks26, stlabrat and 1 others like this.
    11-20-17 03:10 PM
    You need to get out more.... SD625 powered device with a 4,000mAh battery. There are a number of devices with that same match-up... or better (if battery size is what you want). But most are focused on "other" markets that have unique power needs and that are more price sensitive. Some of those devices have AMOLED displays that would further increase battery life.

Now if you mean specifically the Canadian market... yes it's probable in a class all it's own there.
    Can't you just let him be happy?
    texn884 and yohannyphm like this.
    11-20-17 03:55 PM
    Why would you want to play videos for 11 hours straight?
    Not just videoplay, SOT is far better pretty much anything.
    11-20-17 03:58 PM
    AMOLED suffers mightily with anything white on the display as all three sub-pixels are being driven equally (and of course ratably with brightness.) It can "win" under some circumstances but does not with all, and the backlight LEDs for IPS panels have gotten more efficient as times has gone on as well.

The usual argument for AMOLED is that the colors are more vivid (true, but over-saturation is not fidelity!) and that it has deeper blacks (true; off is off.) There used to be a material difference in thickness too but that has largely disappeared.

But when it comes to power consumption IPS has a fairly-linear curve with screen brightness, where AMOLED is entirely dependent on the content on the page. Suddenly your choice of background images matters materially to SOT.... whether you care is up to you. AMOLED is also subject to burn, especially if used outside or in high light levels where drive currents are high.

I generally prefer the color fidelity of IPS, although recent AMOLED's are pretty good.
    11-20-17 04:27 PM
    AMOLED screens are not "the best" because they have a vastly higher chance of seeing "image burn in" than an LCD. The Motion has a long battery life regardless and I would way rather have an LCD screen considering how much I use my devices.
    11-20-17 04:45 PM
    I wish motion had amoled screen. It would've been 3 days battery life phone for me lol but that would bump the cost of the phone.
    11-20-17 05:19 PM
    Yeah that’s completely false.
    What issues are you having with your Motion?
    11-21-17 01:31 AM
    B1aze, are we ever going to see an "official" CrackBerry review of the Motion from you or CBK? Surely you can't still be under an embargo with BlackBerry Mobile at this point? The videos were fun, but they don't really add up to the authoritative and in-depth product review one would hope to see. If you guys don't do it, who will?
    Kevin will be doing a review AFAIK. He was just busy with doing the Meetups and such. Now that those are wrapped up, he'll be working on one and if he decides to not do it, he'll make me write one lol.
    11-21-17 09:50 AM
    how come the motion doesnt have fm signal?
    11-21-17 09:59 AM
    Kevin will be doing a review AFAIK. He was just busy with doing the Meetups and such. Now that those are wrapped up, he'll be working on one and if he decides to not do it, he'll make me write one lol.
    If you were to write it, would it be favourable? Stated another way, if someone was looking for a solid mid-tier all-touch device, would you genuinely recommend it? Of course this presumes you've actually spent some hands-on time with the thing.
    11-21-17 10:40 AM
    If you were to write it, would it be favourable? Stated another way, if someone was looking for a solid mid-tier all-touch device, would you genuinely recommend it? Of course this presumes you've actually spent some hands-on time with the thing.
    Yeah, there's a few things that stand out to me personally, but there's no deal breakers here. I had a convo last night on Twitter you might find insightful. Think you can see it all... - https://twitter.com/obigeorge/status/932670160162426881 if not, let me know, I'll share it here in a better way.

tl;dr: Would def. recommend it for someone 'looking for a solid mid-tier all-touch device'.. no doubt at all.
    11-21-17 10:57 AM
    Yeah, there's a few things that stand out to me personally, but there's no deal breakers here. I had a convo last night on Twitter you might find insightful. Think you can see it all... - https://twitter.com/obigeorge/status/932670160162426881 if not, let me know, I'll share it here in a better way.

tl;dr: Would def. recommend it for someone 'looking for a solid mid-tier all-touch device'.. no doubt at all.
    Thanks for the link. That's definitely the sort of "real-world" feedback I'm talking about. Not necessarily a deal-breaker either, but good to know.
    11-21-17 11:12 AM

I'd love to see what all the fuss is about but it seems I'm the last person on earth to not have a twitter account.
    11-21-17 12:18 PM
    I own the S7 Edge, battery used to last 1.5 days on Marshmallow, now on Nougat it's at 20% by the end of the day. I run power saving move 100% of the time and don't have a ton of apps loaded. I think the motion could run laps around my S7 Edge's battery life.

AMOLED only saves power when the screen is mostly black, which is almost never. Everything is white in Android for some reason. Also screen burn-in.
    11-21-17 01:06 PM

I have the "convenience key" OFF on my DTEK60, so..... yeah, no issue for me ;-)
    11-21-17 01:09 PM
    I'd love to see what all the fuss is about but it seems I'm the last person on earth to not have a twitter account.
    You and me both. No Facebook or any other social media accounts either (other than BBM and this). A veritable modern day Luddite, that's me. For what it's worth though, B1aze's Twitter conversation was visible through the link he provided without the need for any sort of login.
    11-21-17 02:02 PM
83 123 ...