Randomly when I'm watching a video or just using the phone it'll lock out of nowhere. I just got the phone two days ago. It also only started after I updated it. Could that be the issue ?
    01-29-18 01:44 AM
    If I watch a video in-line on the Twitter or Facebook app (no sound, not opening the video), my phone will lock. If I tap the video to make it full screen, the phone will not lock. I've had this issue on every Android phone I had where Twitter, Facebook, etc had the in-line video playing feature.
    01-29-18 12:40 PM
    It's not while I'm browsing or anything I'll be watching a YouTube video or on Hulu and it just locks for no reason.
    01-29-18 01:13 PM
    It's not while I'm browsing or anything I'll be watching a YouTube video or on Hulu and it just locks for no reason.
    Strange! Have you adjusted anything in the Developer settings? I searched through the regular settings and I see nothing that would cause the screen to lock, aside from the Sleep setting under Display. If you use the Power Center app, try deleting its data and cache, then rebooting the phone. Maybe a setting in that app has something to do with it?

If all else fails, backup your data and do a factory reset. It's likely a software issue.
    01-30-18 01:22 PM
    mine is doing the same. at random times and random apps
    02-07-18 08:43 PM
    hi everyone, I'm certain that it's got something to do with the sleep timer, if you disabled it completely then your problem is solved, it's all part of the battery savings capabilities
    02-08-18 05:20 AM
    i am having the same issues and my BB key one will not start after randomly shutting down.
    11-18-18 06:07 PM
    i am having the same issues and my BB key one will not start after randomly shutting down.
    This thread is for random locking, not shutting down.

Is it possible your phone is overheating? Typically a phone will shut down to protect itself if it gets too hot, and it won't turn back on by itself. If this is not the case, then try a factory reset. Something somewhere is causing the device to crash and not recover. If it continues, and you're within warranty, try contacting BBMo about getting a replacement. It's likely a hardware fault.
    11-27-18 12:50 PM
    Videos not playing in fullscreen won't keep the screen awake in the Facebook and Twitter apps.

As for YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, or any similar app I have no clue what could be causing it. I use the YouTube app a few times a day and it doesn't lock while playing.
    11-27-18 01:06 PM
    Same problem but fun fact is, it seems, it only appears when I have low network coverage. When I use my phone at the basement, there is nearly no coverage and the phone starts locking itself. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this behavior - it's random but most of the time at the basement :-/
    12-08-18 01:21 PM
    Are you using Smart Lock by any chance? Maybe since you're in the basement the GPS can't get a lock on you and thinks you're out of your house and thus locks the phone.
    12-15-18 10:11 AM
    Just had this issue this weekend a few times. Sometimes it just took 10 seconds to lock again! Maybe it indeed has to do with low network coverage, as i had low network coverage. I'm not using Smart Lock though. Will test it and report back - hope this thread is still alive.
    05-20-19 01:56 AM
    Did enabling/diasbling smart lock result in any change?
    i have the same issue with a Key2 LE (screen locks suddenly out of nowhere)
    08-02-19 02:03 PM