Hi,
    I have a problem with the USB connection to my laptop. After plugging a KEYone with a USB 3.1 cable to my Windows 7 laptop, pop-up appears telling me that I should connect my phone to a faster USB 3.0 port. Of course I am not that dumb, I am connecting the phone to the "blue" USB port in my laptop.
    I know that KEYone is shipped with slow USB 2.0 cable only, so I bought an original Samsung cable from Ebay which should be capable of reaching the 3.1 speeds. It does not.
    Has anyone ever faced the same issue? Would you suggest me getting some concrete data cable instead?
    Thank you for all the replies. Have a nice weekend, guys!
    03-24-18 12:18 PM
    I'm not sure if this is true of the K1, but a number of smartphones, despite having USB C charging ports, are actually on USB 2.0 busses internally. It may also be a defective cable.
    03-24-18 08:36 PM
    The K1 is using USB 2.0. Using a 3.1 cable and PC port will not make it faster.
    03-26-18 10:37 AM
    The K1 is using USB 2.0. Using a 3.1 cable and PC port will not make it faster.
    That's weird. If it was so, then would Windows not display a pop-up: "connect the phone to a faster USB port". Also the manufacturer page says it has a USB 3.1 port! Too bad I can't get a different cable to test it out. :/
    03-26-18 11:10 AM
    That's weird. If it was so, then would Windows not display a pop-up: "connect the phone to a faster USB port". Also the manufacturer page says it has a USB 3.1 port! Too bad I can't get a different cable to test it out. :/
    Windows is weird about its port popups, and I have had it tell me to plug my USB 2.0 flash drive into a "faster" USB port all the time.

It is supposed to be 3.1, according to the specs I read, but I have never experienced the 3.0/3.1 speeds when transferring data.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-26-18 12:46 PM
    Windows is weird about its port popups, and I have had it tell me to plug my USB 2.0 flash drive into a "faster" USB port all the time.

It is supposed to be 3.1, according to the specs I read, but I have never experienced the 3.0/3.1 speeds when transferring data.
    Well, I don't get it then. The performance is the same no matter if I use the normal or fast USB port. What is the difference in the end?
    03-30-18 04:54 PM
    Well, I don't get it then. The performance is the same no matter if I use the normal or fast USB port. What is the difference in the end?
    USB 3.0/3.1 is "supposed" to have much faster data transfer speeds. The other benefit is that it does output more power than the USB 2.0, so it can allow for faster charging, or allow for higher power-requiring devices to run from a 3.0/3.1 port and not need a separate power supply or plug.
    skrble likes this.
    03-30-18 05:20 PM