Hi, I bought BB Keyone Black Edition and I'm not able to send SMS to anyone except the case someone text me first. Then I'm able to reply. Not sure what's going on. Rebooted, all settings cleared but still the same.

I've checked phone numbers also and they are in international format.

Anyone resolved this before?

Thank you
    Last edited by Zeromickey; 02-05-18 at 12:01 PM.
    02-05-18 08:31 AM
    Hi, I bought BB Keyone Black Edition and I'm not able to send SMS to anyone except the case someone text me first. Then I'm able to reply. Not sure what's going on. Rebooted, all settings cleared but still the same.

Thank you
    Are your contacts and their phone numbers in the correct format? Area code or country codes?
    02-05-18 11:38 AM
    Yes, I've double checked that.
    02-05-18 12:01 PM
    After factory reset, I'm able to send texts.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-05-18 03:49 PM
    After factory reset, I'm able to send texts.
    Sorry you had to take that dramatic step but glad you are back in business.
    02-06-18 03:54 AM
    Same problem with the Black edition after the January security update. Had created a thread over it even. Tried everything no results just like you mentioned
    Don't wanna security wipe (don't know how it works on Android and also because it's a real hassle setting everything up again)

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    02-06-18 05:59 AM
    PHONE TIED TO GOOGLE UNTIL UNTIED EVERYWHERE
    Before security wiping or any other form of wiping make sure you check everything to do with the Google account starting with admins revoking admin permission
    Revoke the find my device setting.
    Revoke all other security permissions granted to the Google account
    When you are sure you have done that it is then safe to delete the Google account from your system
    Then you can proceed with the wipe

You should then be able to re-establish the account to your phone after your security
    02-06-18 07:29 AM
    I must say no matter what blackberry will not solve the post January update issues. the foram has become mere a place of jokes on stretching the issues.
    02-06-18 09:58 AM
    Start texting from contacts. This seems to be a common problem with Android Messenger. I used Textra and do not have the problem
    02-09-18 05:13 PM
    this has happened after the Jan update. had a talk with Opteimus they suggested a way but I haven't tried, just switched to textra. the suggestions is in one of my posts . you may search if u wish
    02-09-18 11:50 PM
    this has happened after the Jan update. had a talk with Opteimus they suggested a way but I haven't tried, just switched to textra. the suggestions is in one of my posts . you may search if u wish
    Does switching to textra solve the problem?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-18 01:42 PM

I've checked phone numbers also and they are in international format.

Thank you
    As I tried 3rd party app it was working for sending text but was not working with any bank or payment app to send sms so I tried below steps and it worked

1) Change your sim from 1 slot to 2nd
    2) Restart phone
    3) Try to send a test message from default app it will work
    4) After success you change sim to any slot either 1 or 2 as per your choice it will work
    02-10-18 03:09 PM
    Does switching to textra solve the problem?

Posted via CB10
    As I tried 3rd party app it was working for sending text but was not working with any bank or payment app to send sms so I tried below steps and it worked

2) Restart phone
    4) After success you change sim to any slot either 1 or 2 as per your choice it will work
    02-10-18 03:10 PM
    I must say no matter what blackberry will not solve the post January update issues. the foram has become mere a place of jokes on stretching the issues.

2) Restart phone
    02-10-18 03:10 PM