I just picked up a BB KEYone (Verizon) from BestBuy. I have been a long time BB user, but then I switched to a Droid. Seeing all the great reviews on the KEYone I was very excited about the phone, but I am not completely sold on it. First thing I noticed that the signal strength is not as good as on my old phone. Also, I am unable to browse the web, send or receive TXT messages while I am on a phone call unless I have wireless connected. Called Verizon support, but since they don't carry the phone they are not very knowledgeable about this issue. Did anyone encounter this yet? Any workarounds? Also, how is the BB KEYone going to receive software updates? I really want to love this phone and would hate to have to return it. Thanks!
    07-30-17 04:09 PM
    I just picked up a BB KEYone (Verizon) from BestBuy. I have been a long time BB user, but then I switched to a Droid. Seeing all the great reviews on the KEYone I was very excited about the phone, but I am not completely sold on it. First thing I noticed that the signal strength is not as good as on my old phone. Also, I am unable to browse the web, send or receive TXT messages while I am on a phone call unless I have wireless connected. Called Verizon support, but since they don't carry the phone they are not very knowledgeable about this issue. Did anyone encounter this yet? Any workarounds? Also, how is the BB KEYone going to receive software updates? I really want to love this phone and would hate to have to return it. Thanks!
    You may have to follow the info in the following thread:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...o-1111888-new/

In addition, there are some limitations buying on your own. Wifi calling, visual voice mail may not work.

Updates, if they come will be via either BB or TCL but not verizon. Same as other non-carrier unlocked phones. So far, there has been no update for the cdma model.
    07-30-17 07:30 PM
    You can if your call is on the LTE Channel! If you are on 4G voice calling then no you cannot access data! Is VOLTE service enabled?
    07-31-17 01:12 PM