04-20-18 11:21 PM
41 12
tools
    I just upgraded from BB Classic (the love of my electronic life) to BB Keyone. I actually think it's better than the Priv, not sure yet if it's as good as Classic.
    In any event on BB Classic, when using the stock texting app I was able to attach file (including but not limited to Word docs, PDFs, contacts (VCS?), etc.
    Now all I can attach are:
    photos, stickers, voices recording, location, and something about sending or receiving money.
    (I did see another thread about this but it didn't help)

Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by Blackberry Forever; 12-19-17 at 07:58 AM. Reason: clarify
    12-19-17 07:57 AM
    You don't seem to be using the stock Messages app. The stock messaging app offers no such services as sending money. It sounds like you maybe have Messenger confused with Messages or have somehow found your way into BBM.
    12-19-17 06:28 PM
    for what it's worth its called "Messages" I'll try and post a screen shot. the option to send and receive $ came after an automatic update late last night. didn't have it before.
    12-19-17 08:00 PM
    ok. don't know how to post a pic.
    12-19-17 08:04 PM
    ok. don't know how to post a pic.
    Are you using the CB android app or from PC? If app, long press on my post and reply with quote. Then in top right corner there is a paper clip for adding an attachment.
    12-19-17 08:15 PM
    I checked. it's the stock Android messaging app. also in its help section on attachments it only mentions pics, location and voice but nothing about attaching files. weird.
    12-19-17 08:18 PM
    Are you using the CB android app or from PC? If app, long press on my post and reply with quote. Then in top right corner there is a paper clip for adding an attachment.
    Here is shot of scrn.
    Attached Thumbnails Unable to attach files in the texting app.-153.jpg  
    12-19-17 08:20 PM
    To dying to post screen screen shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Unable to attach files in the texting app.-153.jpg  
    12-19-17 08:21 PM
    If you tap the "+" near the chat on the bottom left, do you get options to attach stuff? I'm not sure if you are in the stock Messenger app so may need a picture of the App icon. But try my suggestion first and see what comes up.
    12-19-17 08:23 PM
    These next 2 screen shots show the six options I get when I press the plus sign.
    Attached Thumbnails Unable to attach files in the texting app.-154.jpg  
    12-19-17 08:25 PM
    These next 2 screen shots show the six options I get when I press the plus sign.
    2nd set of the six options.
    Attached Thumbnails Unable to attach files in the texting app.-155.jpg  
    12-19-17 08:26 PM
    Okay so what aren't you able to attach a file? I see an image of a file and one for a photo in the option on the left hand side. Click one on them.
    12-19-17 09:24 PM
    Hi Ray,
    I'm not sure what you mean. What image of a file do you see? The first option is for imoji, 2nd is for stickers (of which you see examples to the right of it) and 3rd is for photos.
    If you are right and I'm just glossing over something I'm going to feel like and *****.
    (and just for completeness: 4th-6th are send/ receive $, location, and voice recording respectively.)
    12-19-17 10:10 PM
    Hi Ray,
    I'm not sure what you mean. What image of a file do you see? The first option is for imoji, 2nd is for stickers (of which you see examples to the right of it) and 3rd is for photos.
    If you are right and I'm just glossing over something I'm going to feel like and *****.
    (and just for completeness: 4th-6th are send/ receive $, location, and voice recording respectively.)
    I use textra (much better then stock app) but I just re-enabled the stock messages app to check. Mine does not look like that when hitting the plus sign. Are you sure you are using the stock messages app (made by Google). The one below:

Take a look at "Android Messages"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apps.messaging

Edit: after updating the App, it now does look like your screen shot. And I don't see a place to attach a file. That's odd.

Edit 2: your other option would be to share from file manager and choose the messages app maybe?
    12-19-17 10:51 PM
    yes, that's the one. I wonder why yours is different. how is that even possible?
    12-19-17 10:56 PM
    yes, that's the one. I wonder why yours is different. how is that even possible?
    Oops. Just read your txt above. Yes, weird. If I use the app you recommended will it integrate w/ hub?
    12-19-17 10:58 PM
    I use textra (much better then stock app) but I just re-enabled the stock messages app to check. Mine does not look like that when hitting the plus sign. Are you sure you are using the stock messages app (made by Google). The one below:

Take a look at "Android Messages"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apps.messaging

Edit: after updating the App, it now does look like your screen shot. And I don't see a place to attach a file. That's odd.
    If I use textra will it show up in hub? Also does the recipient have to have textra as well? And lastly if I use textra how do image incoming txts come to textra and not Google messenger stock app?
    12-19-17 11:02 PM
    Oops. Just read your txt above. Yes, weird. If I use the app you recommended will it integrate w/ hub?
    I typically don't shares files other then the odd picture over text. Usually use email, BBM, or whatsapp. So just checked textra and you can't shares files either. Maybe it's an sms limitation so not sure. But as for it integrating in the hub, Yes it does very well. I would say even better then the stock app.
    12-19-17 11:03 PM
    textra is cool but I see no option for attaching files other than pics etc. but not pdf's, word docs etc.
    12-19-17 11:09 PM
    such a number. didn't have any of these limitations on BB Classic.
    12-19-17 11:11 PM
    12-19-17 11:11 PM
    textra is cool but I see no option for attaching files other than pics etc. but not pdf's, word docs etc.
    I think because most people don't usually send files over SMS. Do you do that often? I swear it was possible before in textra but I rarely do it that way.
    12-19-17 11:52 PM
    I am all about speed. So being able to send attachments via texting is a big deal, especially as for me email is pretty much dead (that's an exaggeration, of course) as texting so much more expedient.
    I'm tempted to return my Keyone and just go back to the BB Classic. It has fewer bells and whistles but does all the important stuff FAST.
    Only reason I changed is because I need WhatsApp and they claim that by end of December 2017 they will no longer support BB OS.
    12-20-17 12:02 AM
    I am all about speed. So being able to send attachments via texting is a big deal, especially as for me email is pretty much dead (that's an exaggeration, of course) as texting so much more expedient.
    I'm tempted to return my Keyone and just go back to the BB Classic. It has fewer bells and whistles but does all the important stuff FAST.
    Only reason I changed is because I need WhatsApp and they claim that by end of December 2017 they will no longer support BB OS.
    So why aren't you sending files through whatsapp? Its pretty rare for people to text files to each other in my experience and really not a reason to return the device.
    12-20-17 10:17 AM
    So why aren't you sending files through whatsapp? Its pretty rare for people to text files to each other in my experience and really not a reason to return the device.
    Because SMS is more universal. Everyone has SMS, not everyone one has Whatsapp. But I guess I'll have to make due.
    I also just learned the hard way that Keyone can't do phone calls at same time as internet (it even put my tethered tablet on hold while I was on the phone) and this wasn't an issue w/ BB C.
    (I'm on Verizon BTW)
    12-20-17 10:23 AM
41 12