Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    The as the title suggests, is there a way to get phone calls only to make a sound on the KEYOne? It would seem that "priority only" does not work!

Any suggestions would be greatest thing appreciated!
    11-30-17 04:47 AM
    I suspect that the app "Sound profile" (free version available) could well do what you want, though you might need to play with the profiles to get one to do exactly that - it's quite a flexible app.
    11-30-17 06:03 AM
    The as the title suggests, is there a way to get phone calls only to make a sound on the KEYOne? It would seem that "priority only" does not work!

Any suggestions would be greatest thing appreciated!
    I probably don't use the feature enough or do not get enough phone calls (very few).

What happens or does not happen when you try using the feature? Do other "sounds" make it through? Email sounds? Text sounds? All? Or are all sounds including phone calls blocked totally?
    11-30-17 09:50 AM
    I suspect it depends on what you set to have this 'priority' - it's certainly nothing like as straightforward and intuitive as a BlackBerry profile......!
    11-30-17 10:32 AM
    I probably don't use the feature enough or do not get enough phone calls (very few).

What happens or does not happen when you try using the feature? Do other "sounds" make it through? Email sounds? Text sounds? All? Or are all sounds including phone calls blocked totally?
    It's very haphazard. I'm constantly missing calls. It does mean to block everything except alarms and calls. Other sounds do not come through which is fine, however, it doesn't allow all calls to come through, hence my query.
    12-01-17 06:21 AM
    I suspect that the app "Sound profile" (free version available) could well do what you want, though you might need to play with the profiles to get one to do exactly that - it's quite a flexible app.
    Thanks. I will try this.
    12-01-17 06:32 AM
    On the Priv, if you go Do Not Disturb / Priority settings you can set for phones calls only.
    Attached Thumbnails Is there an option for "Phone calls only" as there was on the Classic, for the KEYOne?-203017.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    12-01-17 08:34 PM
    On the Priv, if you go Do Not Disturb / Priority settings you can set for phones calls only.
    This is what does not work. Calls come through on this setting and the KEYOne does not ring!
    12-02-17 11:55 AM
    https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/36937094
    This looks like android limitation. The volumes cannot be set differently for calls and notifications
    12-05-17 07:56 AM
    Android completely drops the ball on notification profiles. It only has three: everything; priority; and Do not disturb.

What's MUCH WORSE is you have to set the notifications to "Priority" in each app SEPARATELY.

Compared to the flexibility in BB10, where we can create unlimited custom profiles, and configure all app notifications centrally, it's a joke.

Of course the answer is to buy a third party apps, which, rather than simplifying things adds a THIRD layer of complexity. LOL

Google's approach of letting third party developers patch it's featureless OS with a hodge podge web of additional app bandaids is great for the app store and third party partnership model, but sucks for users.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    FF22 and Midnightflyer like this.
    12-05-17 08:20 AM
    I have tried several sound apps to correct this same problem. Try Precise volume it worked for me
    12-05-17 09:08 PM
    Sound Profile by Corcanoe works great.
    12-05-17 09:10 PM
    I have tried several sound apps to correct this same problem. Try Precise volume it worked for me
    How? Do I need to create a preset do get "Calls only"?
    12-13-17 02:46 PM
    Sound Profile by Corcanoe works great.
    Android needs a third party app just to do sound profiles and notifications properly? Nice.
    12-13-17 04:33 PM
    Android needs a third party app just to do sound profiles and notifications properly? Nice.
    Back to "stuck with defaults" versus "choose among many to meet your specific needs".
    12-13-17 04:51 PM
    Back to "stuck with defaults" versus "choose among many to meet your specific needs".
    Or, what I do...acknowledge that Android's "use a 3rd party app from a company you don't know and can't get to certify its security policies for everything you need to do" model makes using a phone too much of a burden for the meager benefits it offers and buy an LTE laptop with a bigger screen, awesome PKB and track pad, better applications, and much faster data downloads.

Then keep a BB10 phone handy for the only communications that you WANT to interrupt you with 6 custom profiles that do exactly what you want in every work and personal context.

I still love my KEYone, but it stays permanently silenced to avoid the lack of detailed control of notifications in different contexts.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    FF22 and DallinCrump like this.
    12-13-17 05:38 PM
    Dumb question - I installed the pro (paid) version of the Corcanoe Sound Profile Pro Key app. Where do I go to find/adjust the sound/vibration settings. I can't see where this app is installed. In some menu somewhere?
    01-14-18 12:43 PM
    Dumb question - I installed the pro (paid) version of the Corcanoe Sound Profile Pro Key app. Where do I go to find/adjust the sound/vibration settings. I can't see where this app is installed. In some menu somewhere?
    Look in your app drawer to set it up the first time.

You can interact with the notification tray after that.
    01-14-18 01:47 PM
    Look in your app drawer to set it up the first time.

You can interact with the notification tray after that.
    I checked in the app drawer and cant find anything. That is part of why im perplexed. Also did a device search.
    01-14-18 03:08 PM
    I checked in the app drawer and cant find anything. That is part of why im perplexed. Also did a device search.
    Launch from Play Store.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-14-18 03:35 PM
    Well...I discovered why I couldn't find the app or settings. I had only installed the Pro version, which is just a key. I needed to also install the free version, which is the core app..

I quick email to Corcanoe got this sorted out. Very impressed at how quickly they responded to my email. Great service.
    01-15-18 09:23 AM
    Well...I discovered why I couldn't find the app or settings. I had only installed the Pro version, which is just a key. I needed to also install the free version, which is the core app..

I quick email to Corcanoe got this sorted out. Very impressed at how quickly they responded to my email. Great service.
    The developer is very active. Lots of updates AND a beta program.
    01-15-18 09:26 AM