Hi,
    can someone tell me how I can stop messages that are muted in WhatsApp from showing up in my notifactions in the Hub and showing up as new messages? This is for the Keyone. I know I can stop all notifactions from whatsapp, but is there a way of differenciating?
    Thanks!
    Jenny
    08-13-17 08:12 AM
    Hi,
    can someone tell me how I can stop messages that are muted in WhatsApp from showing up in my notifactions in the Hub and showing up as new messages? This is for the Keyone. I know I can stop all notifactions from whatsapp, but is there a way of differenciating?
    Thanks!
    Jenny
    Yes, it is possible Jenny, but requires several steps.
    Overall:
    1) Turn on System UI Tuner
    2) Within System UI Tuner --> Other --> Power notification controls, and turn the switch
    ON here.
    3) Read the instructions about Levels 0 through 5
    4) Then go back out to Settings + Apps+ choose WhatsApp in this case
    5) Tap on Notifcations in the WhatsApp App info
    6) Adjust the Importance level to one of the ones you read about earlier by tapping on the "A" in the circle and moving it where you want.

Done and Done.

To get System UI Tuner
    1) Pull down your Quick Settings
    2) Long press that gear until you see it spin, then keep holding until you get a pop-up toast message telling you "Congrats! System UI Tuner has been added to Settings." This will open a hidden menu in settings.
    3) Now go into the settings, scroll down, and you'll see the new menu item listed. When you open it for the first time, you'll get a warning that these features are experimental and may break things, and may disappear in the future. If you're good with that, tap on "GOT IT" at the bottom.

As I said, this is very involved, but once you turn it on, it is pretty handy for a number of things and you can fine tune the notifications for just about any app installed.

Hope this helps!
    Hi,
    Thanks!
    Jenny
    Yes, it is possible Jenny, but requires several steps.
    Overall:
    1) Turn on System UI Tuner
    2) Within System UI Tuner --> Other --> Power notification controls, and turn the switch
    ON here.
    3) Read the instructions about Levels 0 through 5
    4) Then go back out to Settings + Apps+ choose WhatsApp in this case
    5) Tap on Notifcations in the WhatsApp App info
    6) Adjust the Importance level to one of the ones you read about earlier by tapping on the "A" in the circle and moving it where you want.

Done and Done.

To get System UI Tuner
    1) Pull down your Quick Settings
    2) Long press that gear until you see it spin, then keep holding until you get a pop-up toast message telling you "Congrats! System UI Tuner has been added to Settings." This will open a hidden menu in settings.
    3) Now go into the settings, scroll down, and you'll see the new menu item listed. When you open it for the first time, you'll get a warning that these features are experimental and may break things, and may disappear in the future. If you're good with that, tap on "GOT IT" at the bottom.

As I said, this is very involved, but once you turn it on, it is pretty handy for a number of things and you can fine tune the notifications for just about any app installed.

Hope this helps!
    08-14-17 02:31 PM