01-24-20 09:13 AM
44 12
tools
    What? No, something IS broken. Did you see the other user above experience the same problem as me after removing and re-adding his account?

I'm not inventing a problem.
    I'm not saying you are inventing it at all. I've experienced the same thing! I'm just not convinced it isn't poor documentation by Microsoft or something else that's resolvable.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-01-19 06:08 PM
    I'm not saying you are inventing it at all. I've experienced the same thing! I'm just not convinced it isn't poor documentation by Microsoft or something else that's resolvable.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Oops my bad, sorry! Fingers crossed! But, I spent hours speaking to Microsoft people over live chat and the phone and nobody understood what ibwas talking about. They don't even seen aware the problem exists
    09-01-19 06:17 PM
    Okay, here is what I tried to add my personal Outlook.com account on my KEYone in the BlackBerry Hub:

1. Go to https://account.microsoft.com/security/
    2. Select "More security options"
    -- in "Manage sign-in options" make sure that the account you wish to configure has sign in privileges
    -- in "Set up two-step verification" I set up an app password for the Hub+ services
    a. (IMPORTANT) I received a recovery code and added it in my password manager in case I ever need it
    b. in "Set up your smart phone with an app password" I selected "I sync my Outlook.com email on a BlackBerry phone" (THIS IS PROBABLY THE SETTING CAUSING THE MOST TROUBLE!) I was given a unique app password to use for configuring the Hub.
    3. Create account manually, using Exchange Active Sync, and use the server eas.outlook.com.

It seemed to work, and it says it's syncing now. I will confirm shortly.
    conbrio29 likes this.
    09-01-19 06:40 PM
    Here is the current status from my test of syncing. I have more work to do, so don't follow the above directions unless you're interested in experimenting. If I get this sorted, I will post the results. Here's where I am so far:

Outgoing email sync -- PASSED
    The Hub synced properly with my online account for emails sent from Outlook.com in my PC broswer

Incoming Sync -- FAILED
    Emails received are not appearing in my inbox on the Hub.

Existing Contacts Sync -- PASSED
    New Contacts Sync -- FAILED

Troubleshooting now.
    jackbuck93 likes this.
    09-01-19 07:36 PM
    After factory resetting my KeyOne, Outlook.com and hotmail no longer work. Both only receive emails but they open as a blank body. I can't send any emails from either. Been at it for 2 days. IMAP doesn't sync contacts so that isn't useful. Any solutions out there?
    10-09-19 08:29 AM
    Will say.... I kinda like MS Outlook Email client. Used it for almost a year, as BlackBerry's apps just got to be too frustrating to deal with last summer.

But when I did use HUB and Outlook.com email... I always choose the Activesync option, not IMAP.
    10-09-19 08:38 AM
    How do you manage contacts when using the Outlook app?
    Thanks
    10-09-19 10:40 AM
    Here is the current status from my test of syncing. I have more work to do, so don't follow the above directions unless you're interested in experimenting. If I get this sorted, I will post the results. Here's where I am so far:

Outgoing email sync -- PASSED
    The Hub synced properly with my online account for emails sent from Outlook.com in my PC broswer

Incoming Sync -- FAILED
    Emails received are not appearing in my inbox on the Hub.

Existing Contacts Sync -- PASSED
    New Contacts Sync -- FAILED

Troubleshooting now.
    Any luck?
    11-14-19 04:09 AM
    I just recently got the Key2 LE and yesterday got the hub working - just did a test run with my Hotmail - no issues.... No issues with any of my emails
    11-14-19 05:58 AM
    Hi, has there been any resolution to this issue ? my wife switched from a keyone to a pixel 4 and her outlook no longer sends emails i have a pixel 3 and has the same settings and it works fine, scared to try removing on my pixel 3 just wondering if anyone has a solution otherwise it outlook for her and no hub
    11-17-19 11:32 PM
    Hi, has there been any resolution to this issue ? my wife switched from a keyone to a pixel 4 and her outlook no longer sends emails i have a pixel 3 and has the same settings and it works fine, scared to try removing on my pixel 3 just wondering if anyone has a solution otherwise it outlook for her and no hub
    I actually dropped the hub. Deleting emails was brutally slow - some of the graphics wouldn't work - I just stopped using it altogether and phone has been working great! I use outlook for email and calendar ....
    01-01-20 10:56 PM
    I got al.of this working perfectly using second factor authentication and an app password. I documented the procedure in another thread. I have the Hub working smoothly with both a cloud Exchange server and Outlook.com.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    01-02-20 12:40 AM
    Has anyone solved the Outlook hub issue?

Absolutely impossible to send emails from outlook account via hub. Also says 'loading' when trying to read emails but they never load.

Really urgently need my emails to work. It's the damn reason I have a BlackBerry!

No idea what is happening and seems many people having this issue right now.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this?

Cheers in advance
    I think i have.. I had exactly the same issue installing my Outlook account in the BlackBerry Hub app on my OnePlus 7t pro running Android 10. Try installing the Outlook app. Add your account in the Outlook app. Then try adding your Outlook again tot BlackBerry Hub. You then will receive an e-mail like massage. Open it and click the link. You Will be asked wether you'd prefer the BlackBerry Hub app as your primary mail app die Outlook. Click yes and close the browser. You then should be able to receive and send e-mails as well as sync all the other things as calendar, notes, etc. Final thing: remove the cache + data off the Outlook app and delete it of you will. Apperantly it had something to do with granting BlackBerry Hub permission to Outlook.
    01-07-20 10:12 AM
    Try the above. Worked for me!
    01-07-20 10:15 AM
    I think i have.. I had exactly the same issue installing my Outlook account in the BlackBerry Hub app on my OnePlus 7t pro running Android 10. Try installing the Outlook app. Add your account in the Outlook app. Then try adding your Outlook again tot BlackBerry Hub. You then will receive an e-mail like massage. Open it and click the link. You Will be asked wether you'd prefer the BlackBerry Hub app as your primary mail app die Outlook. Click yes and close the browser. You then should be able to receive and send e-mails as well as sync all the other things as calendar, notes, etc. Final thing: remove the cache + data off the Outlook app and delete it of you will. Apperantly it had something to do with granting BlackBerry Hub permission to Outlook.
    You shouldn't have to install the Outlook app first. You will get that confirmation email in whatever email app you try to setup the account in. You do have to click the link in that email to allow the "other" app either way.

I've setup both my home outlook account and work Office365 account in the Hub+ on a Galaxy S8, then an S9, and on a Fire Tablet HD8. Never did I have to install the Outlook app first. But, I always get that first confirmation email upon initial account setup.
    01-07-20 10:22 AM
    Could be. However, whilst installing my outlook account for the first time in BlackBerry hub on my new device, I never received that notification. Until I was so frustrated that I finally gave up and decided to install the Outlook app after having tried absolutely everything. After that I thought I'd make one final attempt to install my Outlook account in the Hub, because I prefer the Hub over the Outlook app. It was then for the first time that I received the notification. I agree with you that normally you shouldn't have to follow these steps to get things working and I never had to either. But I hope this is a solution for those like me, who didn't receive the notification and tried absolutely everything except for the above.
    01-07-20 10:36 AM
    Well... you're right that if there is issues getting it to work alone, installing the outlook app may kick-start it.
    01-07-20 11:18 AM
    Hello everybody, just wanted to add my two cents here. So on my LE I noticed that my Hotmail account all of a sudden stopped sending and receiving emails in Hub. Everytime I would try to re-enter the account info, I would get and error message to the effect of not being allowed to access this server. From reading the above suggestions, the solution turned out to be replacing my account password with the randomly generated one that was suggested on one of Microsoft's help pages where you had to click that you were using a BlackBerry to access your Outlook email.

The one odd thing is that I have two Microsoft accounts in Hub, a Hotmail and an Outlook account, and it was only the Hotmail account that was giving me problems. The Outlook account is still working in Hub with its original password, so I haven't had the need yet to change that aunt's password to the randomly generated one from the Microsoft help page. Anyways, thanks everyone for all your suggestions!
    01-24-20 08:21 AM
    Hello everybody, just wanted to add my two cents here. So on my LE I noticed that my Hotmail account all of a sudden stopped sending and receiving emails in Hub. Everytime I would try to re-enter the account info, I would get and error message to the effect of not being allowed to access this server. From reading the above suggestions, the solution turned out to be replacing my account password with the randomly generated one that was suggested on one of Microsoft's help pages where you had to click that you were using a BlackBerry to access your Outlook email.

The one odd thing is that I have two Microsoft accounts in Hub, a Hotmail and an Outlook account, and it was only the Hotmail account that was giving me problems. The Outlook account is still working in Hub with its original password, so I haven't had the need yet to change that aunt's password to the randomly generated one from the Microsoft help page. Anyways, thanks everyone for all your suggestions!
    Eventually, it will happen. It’s most likely a set expiration or length of time to change requirement.
    01-24-20 09:13 AM
44 12