10-09-19 09:40 AM
32 12
tools
    What? No, something IS broken. Did you see the other user above experience the same problem as me after removing and re-adding his account?

I'm not inventing a problem.
    I'm not saying you are inventing it at all. I've experienced the same thing! I'm just not convinced it isn't poor documentation by Microsoft or something else that's resolvable.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-01-19 05:08 PM
    I'm not saying you are inventing it at all. I've experienced the same thing! I'm just not convinced it isn't poor documentation by Microsoft or something else that's resolvable.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Oops my bad, sorry! Fingers crossed! But, I spent hours speaking to Microsoft people over live chat and the phone and nobody understood what ibwas talking about. They don't even seen aware the problem exists
    09-01-19 05:17 PM
    Okay, here is what I tried to add my personal Outlook.com account on my KEYone in the BlackBerry Hub:

1. Go to https://account.microsoft.com/security/
    2. Select "More security options"
    -- in "Manage sign-in options" make sure that the account you wish to configure has sign in privileges
    -- in "Set up two-step verification" I set up an app password for the Hub+ services
    a. (IMPORTANT) I received a recovery code and added it in my password manager in case I ever need it
    b. in "Set up your smart phone with an app password" I selected "I sync my Outlook.com email on a BlackBerry phone" (THIS IS PROBABLY THE SETTING CAUSING THE MOST TROUBLE!) I was given a unique app password to use for configuring the Hub.
    3. Create account manually, using Exchange Active Sync, and use the server eas.outlook.com.

It seemed to work, and it says it's syncing now. I will confirm shortly.
    09-01-19 05:40 PM
    Here is the current status from my test of syncing. I have more work to do, so don't follow the above directions unless you're interested in experimenting. If I get this sorted, I will post the results. Here's where I am so far:

Outgoing email sync -- PASSED
    The Hub synced properly with my online account for emails sent from Outlook.com in my PC broswer

Incoming Sync -- FAILED
    Emails received are not appearing in my inbox on the Hub.

Existing Contacts Sync -- PASSED
    New Contacts Sync -- FAILED

Troubleshooting now.
    jackbuck93 likes this.
    09-01-19 06:36 PM
    After factory resetting my KeyOne, Outlook.com and hotmail no longer work. Both only receive emails but they open as a blank body. I can't send any emails from either. Been at it for 2 days. IMAP doesn't sync contacts so that isn't useful. Any solutions out there?
    10-09-19 07:29 AM
    Will say.... I kinda like MS Outlook Email client. Used it for almost a year, as BlackBerry's apps just got to be too frustrating to deal with last summer.

But when I did use HUB and Outlook.com email... I always choose the Activesync option, not IMAP.
    10-09-19 07:38 AM
    How do you manage contacts when using the Outlook app?
    Thanks
    10-09-19 09:40 AM
32 12