Hey all, just recently received the black edition and loving it so far. One thing I noticed when setting it up was a loose Sim card tray and was wondering if this was normal. To clarify, the outside bezel portion and the tray itself are two separate pieces that are attached to each other by something similar to a rivet. When I took the Sim card tray out, there was play between these two pieces but felt secure when doing a light pull test. But have others noticed this?
    03-12-18 08:46 AM
    I noticed this too, but I didn't pay any mind to it.

So far, 4 months into this new one, I have had zero sim issues.
    03-12-18 11:13 AM
    OK cool. Wanted to be sure I wasn't alone on this.
    03-12-18 12:22 PM
    I bought keyone black edition and the sim tray was loose too. It rattled a lot, which I found annoying. so, I returned the phone, and I 'm now waiting for the new Key2 to come out sometime soon hopefully.
    03-12-18 01:54 PM
    OK cool. Wanted to be sure I wasn't alone on this.
    I bought keyone black edition and the sim tray was loose too. It rattled a lot, which I found annoying. so, I returned the phone, and I 'm now waiting for the new Key2 to come out sometime soon hopefully.
    Your SIM tray should NOT rattle when in the phone. If you shake the phone and hear the tray rattling, then you need to contact either the shop you bought it from or contact BlackBerry Mobile to have either the entire unit or the SIM tray replaced. You will run into SIM card issues, such as "No SIM" notifications and dropped service.

My issue was that the tray was loose to the outside piece when detached from the phone.
    03-13-18 03:37 PM
    Your SIM tray should NOT rattle when in the phone. If you shake the phone and hear the tray rattling, then you need to contact either the shop you bought it from or contact BlackBerry Mobile to have either the entire unit or the SIM tray replaced. You will run into SIM card issues, such as "No SIM" notifications and dropped service.

My issue was that the tray was loose to the outside piece when detached from the phone.
    Right. I should have been more specific. It is noticeably loose only when it is not in the phone. Although, when shaking the phone, there is a slight rattle that I think is coming from the outside portion. If I shake it while applying pressure to the SIM card tray section, there is no rattle. But the tray itself, when inserted into the phone, should have guides to lock it firmly into place.
    03-13-18 03:47 PM
    Right. I should have been more specific. It is noticeably loose only when it is not in the phone. Although, when shaking the phone, there is a slight rattle that I think is coming from the outside portion. If I shake it while applying pressure to the SIM card tray section, there is no rattle. But the tray itself, when inserted into the phone, should have guides to lock it firmly into place.
    Yeah, mine doesn't rattle when in the phone. Keep an eye on it. You may need to return it.
    03-13-18 04:08 PM