The only way I can create a new text message on my keyone now is to open contact, select contact, open the details and then select the message icon. I have been unable to select a new contact from the message app. Whenever I attempt, the new message page closes upon typing the first letter of a contact.
    Sick and tired of it. Any recommendation on a better message app?
    04-29-18 08:52 PM
    Yaata and Textra are widely used, liked and recommended by BB users. My preference is Yaata, but thats mainly due to it's ability to announce who is texting over my bluetooth. (Textra may have that capibility now.)
    Both have pretty seamless Hub integration, I almost never have to open the texting or contact app.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-30-18 07:05 AM
    The only way I can create a new text message on my keyone now is to open contact, select contact, open the details and then select the message icon. I have been unable to select a new contact from the message app. Whenever I attempt, the new message page closes upon typing the first letter of a contact.
    Sick and tired of it. Any recommendation on a better message app?
    Strange! That doesn't happen to me. You can try two things:

1) Clear app cache and data for Messages (You will lose text message history)
    2) Factory Data Reset

If you don't want to do the reset, and clearing the app cache and data for Messages doesn't work, then your best bet is to install Yaata or Textra like Wezard mentioned.
    04-30-18 11:57 AM