08-27-19 08:55 AM
73 123
tools
    ok. locker is not the folder where you have to stock files with credentials or personal data because you can open and see that file outside locker thanks the cache of the app that opened the file as all of you have proved. Bravo BlackBerry for your Locker!!!
    Second question, if a send a Bank app to the locker, the bank app remain outside locker, If I want to open the app for the first time outside locker, I need to put the credentials of locker, and after that the credentials of the Bank app, ok, perfect, what locker does is that if you need to open the app you have to put both credentials, nothing more. So, this is what locker only does?. the incredible thing Is that if try to open the Bank app for a second time, locker will not ask you for his credentials. Day after day and comparing with other devices as Samsung with secure folder, locker is not useful for stock personal data, moreover, it is better that you don't trust on locker for anything.
    If you put an app in the Locker, it can only be run by first entering your Locker password.

If you exit your app, you have some grace time before you have to re-enter your Locker password again.

On your first point, I still don't think you understand what's happening. The Locker will indeed hide your file. What you are asking it to ALSO do, is understand how every app on your phone works, and subsequently hunt and destroy any backups those apps may have made of your file and deposited in another location.

I doubt the Samsung solution works this way either - they simply worked with Microsoft specifically to address the issue there.
    08-13-19 03:56 PM
    the question is that putting a Bank app into locker, if you want to open the app you have to introduce the credentials of locker and the credentials of the bank , nothing more. Where is the security for me?. the security for me would be (as secure folder of Samsung does) that when you open a Bank app you browse (surf) in that moment under a secure ecosystem.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    08-13-19 04:04 PM
    the question is that putting a Bank app into locker, if you want to open the app you have to introduce the credentials of locker and the credentials of the bank , nothing more. Where is the security for me?. the security for me would be (as secure folder of Samsung does) that when you open a Bank app you browse (surf) in that moment under a secure ecosystem.
    You're talking about two different things. The Locker simply hides apps and files from prying eyes.

If you want a containerised operating environment, use an app like Island (which uses the built-in workspace functionality of Android). Have your banking apps running in the container.

You can even have the container side running a VPN 24/7.
    08-13-19 04:13 PM
    You're talking about two different things. The Locker simply hides apps and files from prying eyes.

If you want a containerised operating environment, use an app like Island (which uses the built-in workspace functionality of Android). Have your banking apps running in the container.

You can even have the container side running a VPN 24/7.
    Locker hides files and apps from prying eyes???, how does it do?
    08-14-19 12:24 AM
    I want to use locker but nobody tell me how can I use it.
    08-14-19 12:25 AM
    I want to use locker but nobody tell me how can I use it.
    Simple, locker stores, apps, files, and such you don't want others to access. To access the locker, somebody would have to know how you get into your locker( thumb print or password...). Once in the locker, only whoever knows the locker login can access the app or file. So basically, if I say, store my bank app in the locker, any random that picks up my phone has to a. Know my device password, b. Know how to access my locker, and c. Know my bank login info. Now in my case, only my fiancee knows I acces my phone by thumb print. She also is the only one who knows my pin. But only I know how to access my locker and my bank app.

So. For what it is meant to do, it does perfectly. It is not meant to police what other apps do, it is meant as another layer of keeping files safe.

I look at it this way. If you can figure out my pin and figure out my locker access, I deserve my private files to be seen.

As long as nobody knows my pin/password. I have. Nothing to worry about. If they do and I put it in locker, well they need to know that login also. The odds of any person on earth, flat or otherwise, knowing both of that info is zero. So no issue. Only thing I risk is a random picking up my phone and wiping my data. That would suck, but backups.

Bottom line, make sure only you know your phones pin/ password. Have it set to delete after 10 failed attempts. After that, just enjoy the added hiding your private files app.
    08-14-19 01:40 AM
    Simple, locker stores, apps, files, and such you don't want others to access. To access the locker, somebody would have to know how you get into your locker( thumb print or password...). Once in the locker, only whoever knows the locker login can access the app or file. So basically, if I say, store my bank app in the locker, any random that picks up my phone has to a. Know my device password, b. Know how to access my locker, and c. Know my bank login info. Now in my case, only my fiancee knows I acces my phone by thumb print. She also is the only one who knows my pin. But only I know how to access my locker and my bank app.

So. For what it is meant to do, it does perfectly. It is not meant to police what other apps do, it is meant as another layer of keeping files safe.

I look at it this way. If you can figure out my pin and figure out my locker access, I deserve my private files to be seen.

As long as nobody knows my pin/password. I have. Nothing to worry about. If they do and I put it in locker, well they need to know that login also. The odds of any person on earth, flat or otherwise, knowing both of that info is zero. So no issue. Only thing I risk is a random picking up my phone and wiping my data. That would suck, but backups.

Bottom line, make sure only you know your phones pin/ password. Have it set to delete after 10 failed attempts. After that, just enjoy the added hiding your private files app.
    You say that locker stores files you don't want other to access....., no it is not true, please, read the hole thread..., there is a cache in apps like Microsoft word than permit everybody open files stored inside locker.
    Second, what more thing does make locker for your security with a Bank app stored into locker than put a extra password (open locker before)????,
    08-14-19 03:14 AM
    You say that locker stores files you don't want other to access....., no it is not true, please, read the hole thread..., there is a cache in apps like Microsoft word than permit everybody open files stored inside locker.
    Second, what more thing does make locker for your security with a Bank app stored into locker than put a extra password (open locker before)????,
    I think the issue is some expect the Locker to be more than it it.... It's not a safe where you stick stuff no one can access unless you open it.

It's a place to hide stuff from a casual inspection.
    08-14-19 08:03 AM
    First, the cache does NOT allow you to open the file that's in the Locker. Word opens Word's own backup that Word stored somewhere else on your device.

Second, the Locker is meant to hide apps and files, it's not a containerised app environment.
    08-14-19 08:17 AM
    I think the issue is some expect the Locker to be more than it it.... It's not a safe where you stick stuff no one can access unless you open it.

It's a place to hide stuff from a casual inspection.
    It's the oddly large "homework" folder in mobile form.
    08-14-19 08:45 AM
    I sent this question to BlackBerry technical support and they answered me that they will investigate it.
    08-15-19 01:21 PM
    I sent this question to BlackBerry technical support and they answered me that they will investigate it.
    You mean TCL?

And was your question "why does Word make a backup?"
    08-15-19 01:22 PM
    this is the e mail:
    Dear Roberto,

Thank you for your reply. We will investigate this problem signaled by you and we will see if it indeed a problem with the app and send the complaint further to the development team.

Kind regards,

Robert

BlackBerry Mobile Customer
    08-15-19 01:30 PM
    this is the e mail:
    Dear Roberto,

Thank you for your reply. We will investigate this problem signaled by you and we will see if it indeed a problem with the app and send the complaint further to the development team.

Kind regards,

Robert

BlackBerry Mobile Customer
    I hope that is a Google translation, because it's not written in competent English. It's seriously awful!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-15-19 04:38 PM
    I hope that is a Google translation, because it's not written in competent English. It's seriously awful!

Well Robert is a very English sounding name....
    08-19-19 11:18 AM
    This was the answer:

Dear Roberto,

Thank you for contacting us.I have replicated your issue on one of our devices and I have managed to secure the documents moved to Locker.In order to see if you can also secure your documents, I recommend you open Word's Settings and make sure "Enable locally relevant content" and "Automatically save files" options are not ticked.After doing that, try creating a new document and moving it to Locker. After moving the document to Locker, open the Word app and check if the document is still visible in the Recent section.Please let me know if the issue persists.

Kind regards,
    BlackBerry Mobile Customer Care
    08-19-19 11:47 AM
    But the issue persists.
    😔
    08-19-19 11:49 AM

This is a forum for everybody, I only need someone solve my problem; if he/she writes in a bad English, no problem for me.
    08-19-19 11:52 AM
    But the issue persists.
    😔
    Maybe try clearing Words' cache and app data and try again making sure the two options aren't ticked?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-19 12:05 PM
    Maybe try clearing Words' cache and app data and try again making sure the two options aren't ticked?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks but I did it and the issue remains.
    08-19-19 12:07 PM
    Thanks but I did it and the issue remains.
    Then you need to accept that MS Word caches data for files in the Locker outside the Locker (very likely in the Cloud is you are using Office 365).

It would be interesting to find out where those cached files are stored.

08-19-19 01:23 PM
    Then you need to accept that MS Word caches data for files in the Locker outside the Locker (very likely in the Cloud is you are using Office 365).

It would be interesting to find out where those cached files are stored.

They are stored in the protected (inaccessible) space on the device.
    08-19-19 01:53 PM
    I am under the impression that the Locker does not really encrypt files or even provide a separate container for apps, it merely adds a layer of authentication to whatever you are trying to protect and/or hide. For proper document protection, I would use an encryption app, like openkeychain, Cryptomator, SSE, EDS etc, just to name a few.
    08-27-19 08:55 AM
73 123