08-19-19 01:53 PM
72 123
tools
    Hi
    I have a question about the security of LOCKER. It doesnt happen with "security folder" of my samsung s10e.
    When I put a file (word file, doc file) into locker and I open it with Word App, it opens, ok. But if after it, I go out of locker and open the Word App, I can see without any problem the file insise locker just opening recent files. How is it possible?, where is the security to put inside the locker a file?

Thanks
    08-11-19 12:39 AM
    Hi
    I have a question about the security of LOCKER. It doesnt happen with "security folder" of my samsung s10e.
    When I put a file (word file, doc file) into locker and I open it with Word App, it opens, ok. But if after it, I go out of locker and open the Word App, I can see without any problem the file insise locker just opening recent files. How is it possible?, where is the security to put inside the locker a file?

Thanks
    There is a ten (?) minute grace period after leaving the locker where you don't have to re-enter your credentials.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-11-19 07:18 AM
    no, there isn't. waiting an hour..
    08-11-19 09:04 AM
    try it on. open a word document inside locker with app Word Microsoft or app Google documents. after it, go outside locker, but open the app Word or the other and you will the the file with no problem, no credentials, nothing.
    so, what is happening?
    08-11-19 09:07 AM
    no, there isn't. waiting an hour..
    Just put your phone down for 10+ minutes.
    08-11-19 09:31 AM
    Just put your phone down for 10+ minutes.
    What do you mean with put down?
    08-11-19 09:43 AM
    What do you mean with put down?
    Leave it on your desk and walk away. After a while of non-use, you won't be able to open your files without the locker credentials.

Make sure that any app that can read the file type are also in your locker.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-11-19 09:44 AM
    I did it, one hour.
    08-11-19 09:45 AM
    I did it, one hour.
    Like I said, the document itself is not behind the locker, only the app that created it. You would also need to put any other apps that can read that file type in the locker as well.

You could also put the created file itself into the locker.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-11-19 09:48 AM
    first, I did put the doc only; after it I I sent the app Microsoft Word to the locker, and the problem persist.
    the question is : I want to make a document (doc.) with credentials and personal data, put it in locker and can not open outside locker. when I did it, there is no problem to open it outside locker if you open the app word and search for recent documents.
    that is not possible with Samsung security folder.
    08-11-19 09:56 AM
    so, at this time I don't know the utility of locker.
    08-11-19 01:17 PM
    so, at this time I don't know the utility of locker.
    Well, I can't reproduce what you're describing.
    08-11-19 01:23 PM
    you can't?. the steps are:
    1. make a original document, a word document with app Microsoft Word Office, so you have to install this app Office.
    2. send the document to locker.
    3. go to locker and open this document.
    4. go outside locker and open the Office word app and search for recent documents. you will see the previous document with no problem, with no password or finger print.

did you do this steps?
    08-11-19 02:51 PM
    you can't?. the steps are:
    1. make a original document, a word document with app Microsoft Word Office, so you have to install this app Office.
    2. send the document to locker.
    3. go to locker and open this document.
    4. go outside locker and open the Office word app and search for recent documents. you will see the previous document with no problem, with no password or finger print.

did you do this steps?
    Just to confirm, is Word in your locker too?
    08-11-19 03:30 PM
    I did both ways. first with the app word in locker and after outside locker. the result, the same.
    08-11-19 03:32 PM
    I did both ways. first with the app word in locker and after outside locker. the result, the same.
    Ok.

So I kept Word outside of locker, created a new local document and saved it to the documents folder.

I then added the file to the locker from inside the locker.

I then went back to Word. It can't find the document. It no longer exists in the document folder.

If you are referring to the recents screen on Word - that is a cached backup created by the Word software. It has nothing to do with the locker.
    08-11-19 03:35 PM
    when you open word you have three options on the bottom, recent, share and open. you have to select, recent.
    08-11-19 03:42 PM
    the cached backup, yes, but is not a «recent screen», its the document and you can open it.
    08-11-19 03:46 PM
    the cached backup, yes, but is not a «recent screen», its the document and you can open it.
    I only have access to the cached document.
    08-11-19 03:47 PM
    the cached document is the document, so you can open and see what is in it
    08-11-19 03:49 PM
    the cached document is the document, so you can open and see what is in it
    Yes. But that's a Word thing. It caches the file in another location. What is the locker supposed to do about that?
    08-11-19 04:36 PM
    curious if you close out word completely and reopen word does it allow access then?
    08-11-19 04:39 PM
    curious if you close out word completely and reopen word does it allow access then?
    Where talking about Word's backup recovery cached file - not the actual file that was moved to the locker.
    08-11-19 04:43 PM
    Where talking about Word's backup recovery cached file - not the actual file that was moved to the locker.
    ah the backup recovery version. got ya. I was thinking of something slightly different. I was assume once you save the file off successfully that version would go away. is there an option to delete or not make that file?
    08-11-19 04:54 PM
    Yes. But that's a Word thing. It caches the file in another location. What is the locker supposed to do about that?
    That is the question. It is no safe to put a document into locker of BlackBerry because it will be opened outside locker for everybody and the marketing of BlackBerry says that it is safe, and it isn't. So the final question is, what is locker for?, tell me some utility...
    08-11-19 10:17 PM
72 123