10-04-17 12:22 PM
27 12
tools
    When you go to phone and want to dial a number manually, the number disappears half way through every time, it's infuriating. So I always have to use the touch screen rather than the physical keyboard.

Can you guys give it a whirl using 0300 200 3310 as a test

Cheers
    Kev
    06-26-17 06:41 AM
    I have this exact same issue too. it is infuriating. Took me a little while to figure out why my calls weren't going through as I usually dial without looking at the screen.

The issue is not consistent either. Sometimes it will cut off after a few numbers, occasionally it does allow you to dial the full number.

Terrible issue, I hope BlackBerry can figure out a way to address. Wonder if this was also an issue on the PRIV as well?
    06-26-17 11:09 AM
    When you go to phone and want to dial a number manually, the number disappears half way through every time, it's infuriating. So I always have to use the touch screen rather than the physical keyboard.

Can you guys give it a whirl using 0300 200 3310 as a test

Cheers
    Kev
    I have this exact same issue too. it is infuriating. Took me a little while to figure out why my calls weren't going through as I usually dial without looking at the screen.

The issue is not consistent either. Sometimes it will cut off after a few numbers, occasionally it does allow you to dial the full number.

Terrible issue, I hope BlackBerry can figure out a way to address. Wonder if this was also an issue on the PRIV as well?
    They need to look into this bug and patch it with the next update!
    06-28-17 12:23 AM
    Yup I very frustrating. I guess it's detecting a swipe to the left and deleting everything, but that swipe detection is overly sensitive.
    Absolutely needs to be fixed
    06-28-17 01:05 PM
    Yup I very frustrating. I guess it's detecting a swipe to the left and deleting everything, but that swipe detection is overly sensitive.
    Absolutely needs to be fixed
    Good catch. I tried this and can confirm it is the problem. If I type the numbers on the keyboard with pinpoint accuracy, then it works. But even a minor leftward swipe (such as from 3 to 1, or 6 to 5) will delete it. Rightward swipes do not.

I would be inclined to disable the swipe to delete feature when numpad is active. That should be an easy workaround/fix by BlackBerry.
    06-28-17 07:42 PM
    Same problem, very frustrating.
    06-30-17 01:02 PM
    There was just a BB Keyboard update in the play store as of today (6/30/2017).. can anyone confirm that this is still an issue?

I just installed the update and the swipe left to delete on my dialer seems to work fine as in it takes a long swipe to delete them (granted i didn't try it before the update, so i'm not sure if I had that original issue) Also, I am using the google pixel dialer that was modified for use in non-nexus phones so a lot of my experience might be different than yours.
    06-30-17 04:48 PM
    There was just a BB Keyboard update in the play store as of today (6/30/2017).. can anyone confirm that this is still an issue?

I just installed the update and the swipe left to delete on my dialer seems to work fine as in it takes a long swipe to delete them (granted i didn't try it before the update, so i'm not sure if I had that original issue) Also, I am using the google pixel dialer that was modified for use in non-nexus phones so a lot of my experience might be different than yours.
    Nope updated the BB keyboard and still the same problem.
    Mind to share your dialer app's play store link? I wanna try something non-stock
    06-30-17 06:32 PM
    Nope updated the BB keyboard and still the same problem.
    Mind to share your dialer app's play store link? I wanna try something non-stock
    The official Google dialer is not available for any non-google phone thru the play store.. I got the apk from APKMirror and it has to be the modified "non-nexus" version for it to work on the KEYone.

I got it simply because I wanted swipe up to answer instead of the stupid swipe right to answer, up to txt, left to reject nonsense.
    06-30-17 07:07 PM
    And I can double-confirm that the left swipe to delete when dialing a number isn't very sensitive on the Google dialer as the stock one.. So switching to Google dialer will solve the main issue in this thread
    06-30-17 07:08 PM
    And I can double-confirm that the left swipe to delete when dialing a number isn't very sensitive on the Google dialer as the stock one.. So switching to Google dialer will solve the main issue in this thread
    Can anyone share a link to a working Google dialer apk? I found a few but they only work on pixel/nexus devices.
    07-04-17 09:02 PM
    Can anyone share a link to a working Google dialer apk? I found a few but they only work on pixel/nexus devices.
    as I said in post #9 , you need to get the 'non-nexus' modified version.

Google Phone 7.0.140861421-nonnexus APK Download by Google Inc. - APKMirror
    07-05-17 02:35 AM
    Thanks for link. I installed the Google dialer and sure enough the deletion issue is resolved.

However when opening the dialpad, you have to touch inside the text entry bar before the keyboard will register, whereas the stock dialer automatically accepts keyboard input. Given that, it's a "six of one half dozen of the other" workaround in my opinion. Such is android!
    07-05-17 04:19 PM
    What model KEYone are y'all using. I have a BBB100-1 and do not have this issue BUT someone I know has a BBB100-3 and does frequently have this issue.
    07-07-17 08:38 AM
    What model KEYone are y'all using. I have a BBB100-1 and do not have this issue BUT someone I know has a BBB100-3 and does frequently have this issue.
    BBB100-1 here and I definitely have the issue. US TMobile (shouldn't matter thuogh)
    07-07-17 05:05 PM
    Same here, this is very frustrating, it doesn't seem to be correlated with left swipe, cause it happens also when dialing by touching the numbers on screen
    07-14-17 03:52 AM
    I am having the same frustrating issue. making a phone call shouldn't be so tough. *this only comes into play with a number that I do not have saved into my contacts.*
    07-28-17 08:47 PM
    I concur this is a terrible problem! The whole point for me is to use the keyboard... touchscreens fight with me very difficult to use this!
    07-29-17 11:37 PM
    Same here, although I think I prefer using touch when dialing numbers. It bothers me more that I often call people accidentally. I would prefer having a double click to call someone. Hopefully that exists as a setting. Or a different phone app.
    07-30-17 07:56 AM
    After playing around with it, I noticed it deletes the numbers as you swipe left AND THEN remove your thumb from the keyboard.
    If you keep your thumb touching the keyboard the entire time between button presses, (glide your thumb around on the surface) you won't delete any numbers.
    08-30-17 11:15 PM
    When will this be fixed?? It's so annoying...
    08-31-17 04:34 PM
    The sensitivity of "left swipe to delete" is too high..hope they'll fix it in the next update
    09-01-17 01:36 AM
    Lo and behold, they fixed this in AAO472.
    Congrats all !
    supertom likes this.
    09-08-17 09:19 AM
    Lo and behold, they fixed this in AAO472.
    Congrats all !
    Nice! Hey pooyam, which model KEYone you got and what region? I wonder how fast I will get my update. I have an unlocked GSM NA version on T-Mobile
    09-08-17 12:10 PM
    Nice! Hey pooyam, which model KEYone you got and what region? I wonder how fast I will get my update. I have an unlocked GSM NA version on T-Mobile
    Same exact situation here. Run your update app , it didnt automatically pop up for me
    09-08-17 12:51 PM
27 12