Is there anyway to get better reception? My wife and I both have keyone and we both get dropped calls. The key2 had better have a fixed antenna or its useless. So any ideas on better reception?
    05-02-18 12:09 PM
    Is there anyway to get better reception? My wife and I both have keyone and we both get dropped calls. The key2 had better have a fixed antenna or its useless. So any ideas on better reception?
    Two suggested improvements.

1) place your device in a gel case. This has helped according to some here on CB (including me.)

2) stand on ladder that has effect to making you 7'-8' tall minimum. (This one helps me, but rather cumbersome taking ladder everywhere. Does mean I put the phone down while driving though)
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    05-02-18 12:13 PM
    Two suggested improvements.

1) place your device in a gel case. This has helped according to some here on CB (including me.)

2) stand on ladder that has effect to making you 7'-8' tall minimum. (This one helps me, but rather cumbersome taking ladder everywhere. Does mean I put the phone down while driving though)
    psychofox13 likes this.
    05-02-18 12:16 PM
    Case is really the only option.

Some have exchanged devices, to find the same issues with the replacement.

If your phone was bought through a Carrier, you might talk to them about a booster. But with LTE improving things, most aren't offering those anymore.
    05-02-18 12:20 PM
    Case is really the only option.

Some have exchanged devices, to find the same issues with the replacement.

If your phone was bought through a Carrier, you might talk to them about a booster. But with LTE improving things, most aren't offering those anymore.
    I had to really press AT&T to give me a microcell for free. At first they said they didn't have them, then they said I can buy one, then they said they'll send it to me for free. My home at the time, though, was in a complete dead zone. I had to walk into the street to get a single bar on any phone we had.

The K1 does have an antenna-gate issue, so make sure you're holding the phone correctly (per Apple's directions). Personally, I use a case on mine and it has helped a lot. Of course, I get better reception when I'm not holding it, but that's a first-generation issue. I'm sure a lot of the faults with the K1 will be fixed in the K2. Gotta learn from experience!
    05-02-18 12:52 PM
    I think the issue is very much band and location specific - as many experience no issues at all.

Reports also seem to indicate that later software builds have helped quite a bit.
    Last edited by conite; 05-02-18 at 05:35 PM.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    05-02-18 01:01 PM
    depends of your carrier, sometimes WCDMA are better for calls drop.. change the settings, you never know
    05-02-18 02:55 PM
    Thank you for your assistance
    05-02-18 05:33 PM
    I'm having the same issue. I just started using a S8 so I didn't have to put up with that crap. I'll sell the KEYone soon. The first thing a phone should do is make and receive calls. I suppose if it can't get a signal, it's super secure though, there is that to consider.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-03-18 02:34 AM