After upgrading my KEYone BE to Oreo my music controls on the lock screen and notifications shade stopped working. I'm using Pi Music Player.

The music controls do show up, but the play/stop and skip buttons aren't working.

I did a bit of research and found out that some people had this problem because they disabled notifications for their music app, but mine are turned on. Although, none of them were using BB Android..

I've tried reinstalling the music app, 32 sec. restart and nothing.. I'm not going to factory reset the phone just because of this. Maybe it's just the app's fault, not being optimized to Oreo yet?

Has anyone had the same problem? Ideas (that doesn't involve factory reset XD)?
    08-21-18 12:19 PM
    Before wiping you may want to try stopping the app, clearing the cache and deleting the app data. That should clear any remnants of setup info and allow you to start fresh.
    08-22-18 04:24 AM
    Before wiping you may want to try stopping the app, clearing the cache and deleting the app data. That should clear any remnants of setup info and allow you to start fresh.
    Thanks, but I already tried that. I pretty much covered all the usual steps for a malfunctioning apps, including reinstalling, hard reset, cleaning the app's cache. No luck.

And I'm not going to factory reset the phone just because of the music controls.
    I guess I'm stuck with unlocking the phone to skip tracks.
    08-22-18 04:51 PM
    Just to update and close this thread, I've had some time to test out other apps with music control on the lock screen, some work others don't.

So it's probably app optimization for Oreo, some apps are not ready yet
    08-22-18 07:52 PM