I'm not sure what to do, so I'll get right to the point. My KeyOne (Black Edition) started to smoke while it was charging. I was using a USB-C to micro USB converter. Once I removed it, I could see the converter was burned. See the link to my tweet with the pic of the burned converter. My KeyOne no longer charges! I tweeted BBMobile but have NO idea what to do.

https://twitter.com/Jeffrey_Menard/s...68645779972096
    03-20-18 01:54 PM
    I'm not sure what to do, so I'll get right to the point. My KeyOne (Black Edition) started to smoke while it was charging. I was using a USB-C to micro USB converter. Once I removed it, I could see the converter was burned. See the link to my tweet with the pic of the burned converter. My KeyOne no longer charges! I tweeted BBMobile but have NO idea what to do.

https://twitter.com/Jeffrey_Menard/s...68645779972096
    I have a feeling that this might not be covered by warranty since you were using a 3rd party "usb-plug adapter" which might have been a bad device. The adapter might have caused a short in some fashion.

But since you already Tweeted them, you can only wait for a reply and possibly have to pay for repairs if they are not too costly.

Good luck.
    03-20-18 02:20 PM
    Don't tweet as that won't get you anywhere with BBM. You need to call them. Their support numbers are in a Sticky thread on the main BlackBerry KEYone forum.

I agree with FF22, though. Since you were using a 3rd party device to charge your KEYone, it is likely not covered through warranty. They will have you send in your device for repair and either find it is a valid warranty replacement and replace at no charge, or find that it's not and charge you for the replacement/repair.
    03-20-18 04:05 PM
    Thanks guys. I called and they were helpful. I have to send my phone to them to look at it to see if it's covered. From what they said sounds like it might be.
    03-21-18 05:49 PM
    Thanks guys. I called and they were helpful. I have to send my phone to them to look at it to see if it's covered. From what they said sounds like it might be.
    Only time will tell. Good luck!
    03-22-18 12:07 PM
    Good luck, hopefully your phone comes like new
    03-22-18 03:59 PM
    So, FedEx JUST delivered the phone after sitting with it for three days. The label was for weekday delivery. I know I'm being super impatient but it's been four hours and the BlackBerry Support site doesn't show it has it yet.
    03-27-18 03:01 PM
    So, FedEx JUST delivered the phone after sitting with it for three days. The label was for weekday delivery. I know I'm being super impatient but it's been four hours and the BlackBerry Support site doesn't show it has it yet.
    That tells me they either haven't scanned it in as received into their system, or their website doesn't provide to-the-minute updates. I would bank on the to-the-minute updates. You may be able to call and double-check with them to make sure. I bet their website won't display the data for up to 24 hours.
    03-27-18 03:13 PM
    That tells me they either haven't scanned it in as received into their system, or their website doesn't provide to-the-minute updates. I would bank on the to-the-minute updates. You may be able to call and double-check with them to make sure. I bet their website won't display the data for up to 24 hours.
    I'm thinking you are right. Almost 9 hours and nothing. Probably updates once or twice a day. I know I'm being impatient but damn I didn't realize how much I relied on my phone until I didn't have it.
    03-27-18 07:39 PM
    I called Support today and they said if FedEx says they dropped it off, they should have it even if the BlackBerry Mobile Care site doesn't show an update.

So they said to expect to know something further by Monday. This is already starting to not feel good.
    03-28-18 02:24 PM
    I called Support today and they said if FedEx says they dropped it off, they should have it even if the BlackBerry Mobile Care site doesn't show an update.

So they said to expect to know something further by Monday. This is already starting to not feel good.
    Hm. Well I know that it can take up to a month before you can get your phone back. Between you sending it out and them sending the phone back to you, updates are spotty at best, nonexistent at worst.
    03-28-18 02:53 PM
    Hm. Well I know that it can take up to a month before you can get your phone back. Between you sending it out and them sending the phone back to you, updates are spotty at best, nonexistent at worst.
    I can live with being without my phone for a month. I don't like it, but I can live with it. It's only a phone in the big picture. I'm just lucky I could by a cheap backup to get me through.

What I'm starting to have a problem with is the lack of proper expectations set by BlackBerry Mobile Care. That, and a total lack of communication via their website. It's been over two days since it was delivered and nothing updated on the site.
    03-29-18 07:11 AM
    Called again yesterday after a road trip. The BlackBerry Mobile Cares site still isn't updated. Basically they told me they have 12 business days before they owe me anything. including any kind of updates.

These are my words, not theirs.

After those 12 business days it's possible they may have already looked at it and diagnosed the issue and the potential fix. My concern, however, is that I'll find out after 12 business days that they are just starting to look at it and it'll be another week before they have a solution. So, I wait. Using my BLU phone that I bought to be my backup.
    03-31-18 09:26 AM
    Same thing happened to me. I started getting this error message flashing repeatedly on a 30 second (ish) loop saying "The OTG device cannot be used". Then when I plugged in my charged it got hot and I smelled burning.

My carrier accepted it for warranty repair. This week I ended up getting a replacement device back. From what I read on the interwebs, it sounds like the USB C port was probably damaged, and by trying to charge it some wires got crossed and shorted something out.
    04-14-18 11:07 AM