I bought a Keyone, which I'm now regretting, weeks ago and it came with 32G internal, I added a 64G SD card thinking it'd be like my Z30. Turns out it's not. I use kik, and love downloading images off the inerwebs. Everything auto saves to the internal and I slowly keep transferring it to SD. I've noticed it stays on internal even when transfered to SD and when I delete from internal within the storage setting directly, or even from photo's, it deletes entirely from both storages. Basically, my SD is useless and I've got to constantly delete from internal, which I don't even want to cause I want to keep these photos. If there was a way to save directly to and only to my SD (the pics and vids from kik and browser) I wouldn't have even made an account here but this is my issue. Can anyone help? Thank you.
    10-10-17 09:53 PM
    Are you using a file manager like Solid Explorer? It behaves as you would expect.

Sounds like you're just using Google Photos and creating virtual albums.
    10-10-17 10:41 PM
    only file manager I have is some app called file manager +. No, I'm doing this directly in the settings menu, storage, internal and SD. When I download things it makes its own album in photos(kik, download, camera, screenshots etc) I don't make my own except when in SD and transfer photos from one to another. I've tried making diff called folders in SD, move some videos or photos but then it still shows up(the folder) in internal as well. I delete from internal, it deletes everything from internal/SD but the folder from the SD . I've tried in the file manager as well, it still deletes entirely from phone and anything moved from internal to SD gets copied to internal. Idk if it takes up space in internal(i believe so) but it shows up there regardless.
    10-11-17 06:20 PM
    only file manager I have is some app called file manager +. No, I'm doing this directly in the settings menu, storage, internal and SD. When I download things it makes its own album in photos(kik, download, camera, screenshots etc) I don't make my own except when in SD and transfer photos from one to another. I've tried making diff called folders in SD, move some videos or photos but then it still shows up(the folder) in internal as well. I delete from internal, it deletes everything from internal/SD but the folder from the SD . I've tried in the file manager as well, it still deletes entirely from phone and anything moved from internal to SD gets copied to internal. Idk if it takes up space in internal(i believe so) but it shows up there regardless.
    Download asus file manager. Its the most simple and easy to use one I found. Also, for photos, I use an App called piktures and have google photos totally disabled. Piktures is nice and allows to move photos around. And the albums on sd card will have a little sd card icon beside them so you can tell at a quick glance.
    10-11-17 08:23 PM
    Piktures works well and will find all your images whether they are in Internal Memory or on your SD card.

You can set the Camera app to save to the SD card, but I don't think there's a way to set the default for screenshots or email downloads to the SD card.
    10-11-17 10:21 PM
    Regretting the KEYone? Why?
    10-11-17 10:32 PM
    Don't regret. It will just take time getting your way around Android. Download a File Manager as others have suggested and you will good to go. And, Android File Managers come with Select All as well so you will be able to move your photos in a couple of steps.
    10-11-17 10:42 PM
    I wish BlackBerry would make their own picture program. BB10 was so much better for handling and organizing pics
    FF22 likes this.
    10-12-17 01:54 AM
    Alright so I moved things in my manager, it works! Things will transfer from internal to SD and disappear there. But I checked in android settings, storage, and internal and it still shows up(the SD folder and picture that I transfered in the manager) and it won't go away without completely deleting the pic from phone. And taking up space. My issue is that, not transferring. If anything, it's permanently transferring it without it reappearing in internal. I regret the Keyone for this issue actually, is the storage situation and the lack of paratek antenna.
    10-12-17 04:23 AM
    I wish BlackBerry would make their own picture program. BB10 was so much better for handling and organizing pics
    Like I mentioned above. Piktures is a great app for it. Give it a try. I use it and have Google Photos disable.d
    10-12-17 09:24 AM
    Alright so I moved things in my manager, it works! Things will transfer from internal to SD and disappear there. But I checked in android settings, storage, and internal and it still shows up(the SD folder and picture that I transfered in the manager) and it won't go away without completely deleting the pic from phone. And taking up space. My issue is that, not transferring. If anything, it's permanently transferring it without it reappearing in internal. I regret the Keyone for this issue actually, is the storage situation and the lack of paratek antenna.
    WHich file manager are you using? And are you "copying" to SD card rather then moving all together? LIke I mentioned, if its photos that are the issue, try piktures. You can move them around there.
    10-12-17 09:24 AM
    File manager + is its name, and I'm moving it not copying. It's not Google photos it's just files locations in the internal setting. Even when I make my SD internal, it only allows apps(which is bad and they self delete) and cache and such. Can't move photos and such over from internal to SD internal.
    10-12-17 08:15 PM
    File manager + is its name, and I'm moving it not copying. It's not Google photos it's just files locations in the internal setting. Even when I make my SD internal, it only allows apps(which is bad and they self delete) and cache and such. Can't move photos and such over from internal to SD internal.
    To clarify, you have set up you sd card as adoptable storage? If so, then it essentially becomes your internal storage.
    10-13-17 08:35 AM
    No, it's portable. As I said as internal it can't have photos it just sends apps and data or whatever. Doesn't host my photos as internal
    10-13-17 03:58 PM
    I'm sorry, this issue is frustrating me and I'm probably gonna quit BB altogether if this is the way they've set up the memory stuff. My torch and z30 were so much better made.
    10-13-17 03:59 PM
    I'm sorry man but the way they have it set up is actually very simple. I'm not sure what is happening or what you might be doing that isn't working. As I mentioned before, try piktures app if you simply want to move photos around. Its very straight forward. As for file manager, I use Asus file manager and its also very user friendly.
    C_McD likes this.
    10-13-17 04:16 PM
    okay, but in your phone do you see everything from your portable in your internal? Like I'd show photos if I knew how, it's not an issue of moving per say, as it is an issue of, even moved to an SD, items are self copying to internal and taking up space there and deleting the internal copy removes it entirely.
    10-13-17 07:23 PM
    Okay, Im also only able to copy each item individually as apposed to the whole folder(in android storage settings, I only use photo app to view them) which, the folder allows me to copy but move option is greyed out. Does that mean anything?
    10-13-17 07:25 PM
    okay, but in your phone do you see everything from your portable in your internal? Like I'd show photos if I knew how, it's not an issue of moving per say, as it is an issue of, even moved to an SD, items are self copying to internal and taking up space there and deleting the internal copy removes it entirely.
    Are you sure it's not because albums are in the cloud in Google photos that it's happening that way? Mine don't show at all on internal and are all on SD card. Maybe the file manager you are using isn't properly moving things over or something. As mentioned, try one of the apps I mentioned and see what happens.
    10-13-17 07:26 PM
    I don't have cloud installed I don't think, but my android has the internal storage titled " internal shared storage" so I'm thinking it's showing everything. My file manager is saying it's moved but not in android settings. Oh well, I'll just move and trust based on file manager and when my internal is wrongfully used up with the crap on my SD, I'll freak out and kill phone then.
    10-15-17 12:09 PM
    Thanks though, guys. I will look into the other apps. Maybe it'll be this phones saving grace, otherwise it's gonna go as soon as my contract is up.
    10-15-17 12:10 PM
    Are you using a file manager like Solid Explorer? It behaves as you would expect.

Sounds like you're just using Google Photos and creating virtual albums.
    Yes your right! Switch off google photo and try to piktures from GP!
    10-15-17 11:16 PM