Just received another email blast from Blackberry Mobile, telling me that the KeyOne has been "optimized" for AT&T. To me, this isn't at all accurate. First, no Enhanced LTE Services and no VOLTE. Second, No WiFi calling.

This is a huge deal. Enhanced Services and HD Voice were removed by the June update. After the software update, the phone behaves like phones did years ago--that is, you have LTE until you make a phone call, then it drops to HSPA. Before the June update, it stayed on LTE during a phone call and folks commented on how clear the call was (but only if I was in an area with good reception--I'm one who firmly believes the KeyOne does not have good reception, like the Priv does). Second, not having Wi-Fi calling is a real deal breaker. I have bad reception at my office and at my home.

I'm truly pissed off at Blackberry Mobile. I've called and brought these issues to their attention, only to be told that the problems have been "escalated" and I will her back in 24 to 48 hours. No one ever calls back. When I call to check in on the issues, they tell me that the "Developer Department" has not responded.

And, while AT&T may be partially to blame, I put most, if not all the blame on Blackberry Mobile for representing that the KeyOne was "Optimized" for AT&T, when in fact, most of the features that every modern smartphone has cannot be used on the network via the KeyOne, at least as things exist now, and there's no answer as to when, if ever.

I really had a great attitude going into all this, but all of this has soured me on the Keyone, and Blackberry Mobile. This has caused me buy an iPhone, which I have been using for the past few days. It is unlocked and has been "optimized" for AT&T. It has Wi-Fi calling, VoLTE, etc.

When I look at the KeyOne, I really miss it. So, Blackberry Mobile, get your act together and let us know how these problems are going to be resolved, if at all.
    Marcjcd likes this.
    06-16-17 05:56 PM
    Don't those features have to be enabled by AT&T and are you sure they are available on phones not purchased directly from AT&T?
    antonrr likes this.
    06-16-17 06:09 PM
    That's what AT&T says, but an iPhone purchased from Apple unlocked works. That said, if you are correct (and that's what AT&T says), then Blackberry Mobile shouldn't say the phone has been optimized for AT&T when features like HD Voice and Wi-Fi calling don't work. And, these features are not brand new.
    06-16-17 06:14 PM
    Not everywhere stays LTE when making phone calls. I have NEVER stayed LTE when making phone calls even when I had an ATT branded Blackberry. It always drops down to 4G. That being said I have NO complaints with phone call reception.
    06-16-17 06:30 PM
    The phone has everything in it to use those features. AT&T has to allow it
    06-16-17 06:35 PM
    I'm on AT&T, and you won't get VoLTE, HD Calling, or Wifi Calling on any unlocked Android devices. Only unlocked devices that will get the premium features is Apple devices.
    And getting Mobile Hotspot to work, good luck. I've heard some can get it activated, and some are having to jump through numerous hoops with hours with Tech Support. AT&T is not kind to unlocked devices that have not been purchased from them.
    06-16-17 09:52 PM
    Just received another email blast from Blackberry Mobile, telling me that the KeyOne has been "optimized" for AT&T. To me, this isn't at all accurate. First, no Enhanced LTE Services and no VOLTE. Second, No WiFi calling.

This is a huge deal. Enhanced Services and HD Voice were removed by the June update. After the software update, the phone behaves like phones did years ago--that is, you have LTE until you make a phone call, then it drops to HSPA. Before the June update, it stayed on LTE during a phone call and folks commented on how clear the call was (but only if I was in an area with good reception--I'm one who firmly believes the KeyOne does not have good reception, like the Priv does). Second, not having Wi-Fi calling is a real deal breaker. I have bad reception at my office and at my home.

I'm truly pissed off at Blackberry Mobile. I've called and brought these issues to their attention, only to be told that the problems have been "escalated" and I will her back in 24 to 48 hours. No one ever calls back. When I call to check in on the issues, they tell me that the "Developer Department" has not responded.

And, while AT&T may be partially to blame, I put most, if not all the blame on Blackberry Mobile for representing that the KeyOne was "Optimized" for AT&T, when in fact, most of the features that every modern smartphone has cannot be used on the network via the KeyOne, at least as things exist now, and there's no answer as to when, if ever.

I really had a great attitude going into all this, but all of this has soured me on the Keyone, and Blackberry Mobile. This has caused me buy an iPhone, which I have been using for the past few days. It is unlocked and has been "optimized" for AT&T. It has Wi-Fi calling, VoLTE, etc.

When I look at the KeyOne, I really miss it. So, Blackberry Mobile, get your act together and let us know how these problems are going to be resolved, if at all.
    Prior to the June update Rogers Wireless had enhanced services as well and I did notice LTE+ did dissappear.
    06-16-17 10:40 PM
    Its no coincidence carriers aren't fully gonna support unlocked devices, especially a BlackBerry - they want you to get an iFone or "Galaxy" .....they have 3 types of customers, the 3rd is your cheapo pre paid give me the cheapest phone I don't care.... that's the sells pitch..
    06-17-17 04:15 AM