Although I rarely use it, I just noted my original KeyOne front facing camera is no longer available. It was working last week prior to the latest March security update (on Rogers). Not sure if related or not. Cleared cache and stopped app. Rebooted using 32 second. No luck. Anyone else with same issue or suggestions as to fix (other apps using front camera also have problems/cannot access). Hardware issue?
    04-08-18 09:42 AM
    Although I rarely use it, I just noted my original KeyOne front facing camera is no longer available. It was working last week prior to the latest March security update (on Rogers). Not sure if related or not. Cleared cache and stopped app. Rebooted using 32 second. No luck. Anyone else with same issue or suggestions as to fix (other apps using front camera also have problems/cannot access). Hardware issue?
    Unfortunately, fortunately, my front camera was just working and the potential selfie scared me!!!!

But seriously, do you get an intercept message or just nothing happens? Blackness?

Any new apps installed or updates of apps that use that camera or the camera in general.

Boot to Safe Mode.

For more complicated issues, such as when the last app you installed might causing problems.

Do a normal press and hold of your phone's power button until Android prompts you to turn off your phone

Next, hold the Power off menu prompt/option (the actual text line) for a few seconds until your phone asks you to confirm that you want to enter safe mode.

Use this option sparingly as it can reset your home screen and app icon layout - erasing icons and widgets (they remain available in the app drawer).
    04-08-18 10:00 AM
    The camera app works fine until I press the change camera icon, then the app freezes for about 10 seconds, closed, then notification on main screen "camera unavailable". No new apps added but have received updated to uTube and Duo. Removing them both has not cleared the issue. Will try a wipe/install of latest security update and see if it help (a pain, but can re-set up phone today whilst watching the Masters).
    FF22 likes this.
    04-08-18 10:23 AM
    The camera app works fine until I press the change camera icon, then the app freezes for about 10 seconds, closed, then notification on main screen "camera unavailable". No new apps added but have received updated to uTube and Duo. Removing them both has not cleared the issue. Will try a wipe/install of latest security update and see if it help (a pain, but can re-set up phone today whilst watching the Masters).
    If you haven't - give Safe Mode a shot. Good luck with the reset.
    04-08-18 10:32 AM
    Just tried safe mode and no luck. Same issue. Will try fresh install and if that does not work, will bring phone into Rogers for repair. Thanks for advice.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-08-18 10:45 AM
    Any update on this? My front camera stopped working 4 days ago. No new apps or updates installed.

Booted to safe mode and does not work there either
    07-22-18 04:22 PM
    Same here, happened on Friday. All other buttons work, minus the front face. When you press it, everything else then grays out.

I reset the phone, checked it in safety mode. Still had sample problem.

Can this be part of the Oreo beta? I'm part of it for a while (+1month if not more) and camera had been fine up until 4 days ago.

Any help!!
    08-27-18 10:58 AM
    Also, I've done a bug report and forwarded it over to BB, but nothing yet
    08-27-18 10:59 AM
    Also, I've done a bug report and forwarded it over to BB, but nothing yet
    I just started having this problem, have u found anything to fix it?
    05-04-19 02:14 AM
    I'm having this issue too. I try to swap to selfie mode, the app freezes, crashes, and says camera unavailable... Anyone have a solution?... I tried reverting to the original camera settings, but that didn't help at all... All of my apps and system are up-to-date.
    08-09-19 02:37 PM