Has anyone else's fingerprint scanner died recently as well? Mine died last night and there's no option anymore for it in the settings / security menus. Any advice?

Thanks,

On
    02-25-18 04:56 AM
    Has anyone else's fingerprint scanner died recently as well? Mine died last night and there's no option anymore for it in the settings / security menus. Any advice?

Thanks,

On
    There have been a discussion or two about that happening. I don't recall how it was solved, if it was solved.

You can try the 32 Reboot. Press and HOLD the Power Button 32+ seconds, ignoring the screen and any sounds or vibrations, then allow it to reboot.
    02-25-18 09:05 AM
    Thanks! This brought it back as an option again in security. I had to redo my fingerprints. Thanks again!
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-25-18 09:49 AM
    Thanks! This brought it back as an option again in security. I had to redo my fingerprints. Thanks again!
    There have been suggestions that unless you remove all Password and/or security settings, the KeyOne will not learn/absorb/whatever, new prints. They suggest that there's some storage space that gets filled and will not clear even if you try forgetting all previously learned fingers UNLESS you totally kill security, (probably reboot) and then re-establish security. I'm not sure if any of this has been confirmed.

But I'm glad you got the setting back.
    02-25-18 10:59 AM
    Thanks for help .
    02-26-18 09:05 AM
    Thanks for help .
    Does the 32 reboot clear ur phone ? Will I lose any personal data?
    09-09-18 07:59 PM
    Does the 32 reboot clear ur phone ? Will I lose any personal data?
    It does not remove any information.
    09-10-18 10:50 AM
    It does not remove any information.
    if my phone is "rebooting" why are apps still running when it restarts? doesn't seem like its actually rebooting. I still dont have the option to add a fingerprint when i go to settings > security
    09-10-18 11:23 AM