I wonder if anyone has experienced this problem. This is my second KeyOne unit, the first one was replaced by BlackBerry Mobile for the screen lift problem. The new unit works fine but after a week the camera focus became locked to abot 3 inch distance and was unable to focus more distally. I did everything, various reset methods, including factory reset, nothing worked. When I contacted tech support they finally offered to service the phone but they wanted me to send it in for a couple of days.
    I cannot exist without my phone professionally so it was not an option. Then, after 4 days it miraculously started to work again and it was fine for about 10 days, until it locked again to close distance. I do not take many photos with my camera but occasionally I like to use it.

Has anyone experienced similar behavior? Any solution other than sending it in for repair?
    10-16-17 12:25 PM
    I wonder if anyone has experienced this problem. This is my second KeyOne unit, the first one was replaced by BlackBerry Mobile for the screen lift problem. The new unit works fine but after a week the camera focus became locked to abot 3 inch distance and was unable to focus more distally. I did everything, various reset methods, including factory reset, nothing worked. When I contacted tech support they finally offered to service the phone but they wanted me to send it in for a couple of days.
    I cannot exist without my phone professionally so it was not an option. Then, after 4 days it miraculously started to work again and it was fine for about 10 days, until it locked again to close distance. I do not take many photos with my camera but occasionally I like to use it.

Has anyone experienced similar behavior? Any solution other than sending it in for repair?
    Could some 3rd party errant app be the cause? You could boot into Safe Mode and try that for a week. It does limit what 3rd party apps you can use.

See near the bottom of my info

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1065667/
    10-16-17 06:14 PM
    Thanks for your input.

I did try safe mode. No luck. I did not keep the device in safe mode for an entire week, though. I cannot do that, some apps I am obligated to use for my work.
    10-16-17 07:32 PM
    Thanks for your input.

I did try safe mode. No luck. I did not keep the device in safe mode for an entire week, though. I cannot do that, some apps I am obligated to use for my work.
    Brief update:
    After 6 days with a nonfunctioning camera, multiple hard resets and a factory reset without any luck, my camera started to function perfectly fine again from one moment to the other. I basically continued to check every couple of hours if focusing was an option. And suddenly it was.

Since then, it locked up again suddenly while I was taking photos, from one capture to the next. I kept turning the camera at on and off a couple of times and suddenly the focus came back next day again.

I strongly believe that this is a hardware issue, the focusing mechanism gets stuck at close focus periodically. It was stuck in safe mode and after a factory reset as well. I just hope it is going to fix itself over time, my phone is only a month old, even though it is a refurbished one from blackberry mobile directly, a replacement for the original one that had the screen coming off. I was actually ready to go out, by a brand-new KeyOne and send this unit back to Blackberry for repair because they would not replace the phone and I cannot exist for a week without a functional android phone. My plan was to sell the extra unit after and was willing to absorb the loss. I am holding off for now...

Technical support is actually much better than is was originally. By the way, they are located in Mexico, at least for North American customers. They respond very quickly after support emails sent via the blackberry mobile website and I can connect to a person if I call the number listed also on the blackberry mobile website. But I honestly think this should have offered me a replacement for a faulty camera on a less than 1-month-old phone...

If I have one more hardware issue with this phone then I will be forced to leave the Blackberry brand, something I have been extremely loyal to for over 15 years. I cannot afford to spend my weekends fixing devices that are designed to make my life easier but instead cause headaches.
    10-23-17 09:48 AM