08-09-18 08:55 PM
29 12
tools
    I miss the BB10 bedside mode I had on my Passport. Is there an app that replicates this for use on KEYone?
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    06-19-17 08:27 PM
    Me too. It is one of the biggest functions I miss moving over from BB10 to Android.
    06-20-17 12:28 AM
    I miss the BB10 bedside mode I had on my Passport. Is there an app that replicates this for use on KEYone?
    There's a way to set Do Not Disturb rules which might be a reasonable alternative.

Main Settings, Sound-Notifications, DoNotDisturb (not the other one at the very bottom), Priority (set as needed), Automatic Rules where I've set it daily between 9:45pm and 7:15am to basically be silent.
    06-20-17 12:31 AM
    I use Priority as my bedtime mode as my bedtime mode has always been just alarms and phone calls. Adjusted it, chose it, and I go to sleep.
    06-20-17 12:32 AM
    it would be great if we can turn on airplane mode during certain times, ie when we have it in bedside mode / when we sleep at night
    06-20-17 08:20 PM
    you can turn on airplane mode, there's an airplane there.
    06-20-17 10:47 PM
    I used a clock app called night clock that fills the bill. I also have the phone set to automatically go into DND except alarms from 10am to 6am. I also have a few universal USB C docks, one at the house and one in my travel bag. Nice touch.
    06-21-17 05:08 PM
    first day with keyone from classic. i missed that option. slide the from top to bottom and turn on the bed side mode, and same time turn off all connection .
    06-21-17 11:43 PM
    try here. From the forums: Get as close as you can to Bedside Mode on the BlackBerry Priv https://www.crackberry.com/forums-ge...lackberry-priv
    06-23-17 06:23 PM
    when you set the alarm, swipe down from the top (like the Q30) and then hit the 4th icon from the left (hard to describe, but a circle with - in the centre) hit that and it prompts for do not disturb mode mode until the alarm as an option. you can alter which notifications can get through on that page or in settings.
    08-08-17 01:58 AM
    I wish It had that!!!
    08-23-17 02:07 PM
    Notice that there are 2 or 3 easy alternatives listed. When I went to my PRIV I set the "do not disturb" to happen between 11 pm and 6 am.

Set it once and forget.

Maybe not quite as elegant as BB10, but still very workable.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-23-17 03:32 PM
    in the clock app press and hold on the screen while clock is showing and it transfers to a bedside mode clock - not as easily accessible as on passport though
    Midnightflyer likes this.
    08-24-17 01:05 AM
    Nice tip, thanks. I wish we had the bedside color.
    in the clock app press and hold on the screen while clock is showing and it transfers to a bedside mode clock - not as easily accessible as on passport though
    08-25-17 09:41 AM
    Notice that there are 2 or 3 easy alternatives listed. When I went to my PRIV I set the "do not disturb" to happen between 11 pm and 6 am.

Set it once and forget.

Maybe not quite as elegant as BB10, but still very workable.
    It seems that very little in the Android experience is as elegant. :-/
    I've been with the KeyONE now (from Passport SE as last BB10 phone) for a week and a half and it is amazing how much time I've spent simply trying to come as close as I can to replicating seemingly simple things that were taken for granted in BB10, like the bedside clock.
    09-15-17 01:00 PM
    I have do not disturb set for alarm only and also screen saver enabled while charging. This is as close to BB10 bedside mode as I could find. Set different rules for weekdays and weekends and it's done.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-15-17 10:23 PM
    I've been with the KeyONE now (from Passport SE as last BB10 phone) for a week and a half and it is amazing how much time I've spent simply trying to come as close as I can to replicating seemingly simple things that were taken for granted in BB10, like the bedside clock.
    Yeah.
    Mind you, I had to move from a Unix / Oracle environment to Windows ... you don't get much sympathy from me.
    09-18-17 09:19 AM
    Yeah.
    Mind you, I had to move from a Unix / Oracle environment to Windows ... you don't get much sympathy from me.
    09-18-17 09:31 AM
    Has anyone else noticed this feature has stopped working? I used to use it every night, and now it doesn't do anything when I hold down on the screen.
    11-24-17 10:13 PM
    it would be great if we can turn on airplane mode during certain times, ie when we have it in bedside mode / when we sleep at night
    You should order a writable nfc chip and keep it by your bedside. You can write to a nfc chip a set of rules. Like turn sound of and activate plane mode while touching the nfc chip on your bedside.
    11-25-17 12:12 PM
    I felt the same as the original poster - as so often, there is at least an app to replicate what we BB10 veterans miss so badly, even if it's arguably not quite as nicely integrated as in a proper BBOS...

Sound Profile is pretty good for this purpose though.
    11-30-17 07:10 AM
    Hmm. If you turn the volume down past vibrate mode, to the point where the no entry icon appears at the top of the screen, does that not more or less replicate Bedside mode?
    04-13-18 04:45 AM
    Hmm. If you turn the volume down past vibrate mode, to the point where the no entry icon appears at the top of the screen, does that not more or less replicate Bedside mode?
    You'd still get flashing LED notifications, remember, unless you manually turned them off too. As I say, Sound Profiles is likely the best bet, or, as noted above, "Do Not Disturb" mode.
    04-13-18 07:25 AM
    You'd still get flashing LED notifications, remember, unless you manually turned them off too. As I say, Sound Profiles is likely the best bet.
    Turn the phone upside down then.

I appreciate that not everything from BB10 has been carried over, and things are missed, but honestly, sometimes people are a problem in search of a complaint.
    04-13-18 07:28 AM
    Goodo. Happy to be described as a problem, tar muchly.
    04-13-18 07:30 AM
29 12