06-11-19 07:16 PM
75 123
tools
    Randomly my Keyone battery started draining real fast. 7-10 percent per hour, and it will feel warm at the top of the back of the phone.

Already tried factory resetting, but facing the same issue even BEFORE setting up the phone.

Is this hardware issue? Is there anyway TRULY HARD reset (apart from just hitting factory reset from the menu option?)

I had been getting phenomenal batt life and this just happened suddenly yesterday.

SO disappointed coz i love the phone.
    05-28-17 12:26 AM
    Seems to be an outbreak on this today
    mosprockett likes this.
    05-28-17 10:30 PM
    Hey Sean, where are u seeing news that the outbreak? I haven't seen any news about this being an issue... Im so disappointed coz my battery life was AWESOME before this happend.
    05-29-17 01:08 PM
    What does your battery stats look like?
    05-29-17 02:27 PM
    Hey Sean, where are u seeing news that the outbreak? I haven't seen any news about this being an issue... Im so disappointed coz my battery life was AWESOME before this happend.
    On this forum all at once I saw 3 threads complaining about it.
    05-29-17 07:54 PM
    I had this problem last week. Turned out it was the CM launcher I was using causing the drain. Reverted to BlackBerry launcher and alls well.
    05-30-17 03:32 AM
    Hi,
    I had the same issue with a KeyONE 2 days ago. I've installed GSam battery monitor in order to identify the process which was causing this issue.
    Funny thing, it was the BlackBerry HUB :Oo
    This ended with a factory reset of the device.
    I've done a new setup and it works smoothly since then.

Hope this helps.
    Poy
    05-30-17 10:08 AM
    Try disabling all blackberry software services from the device. That should help with battery life.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 10:15 AM
    Basically, the abnormal battery drain is rarely related to a hardware issue. most cases is due to some Apps running in the background and cause the device never enter the deep sleep mode.
    05-31-17 07:42 PM
    Factory reset was done, and the drain was still happening even without installing anything.

In anycase, after the final drain to empty, the device would not charge or boot anymore

It is a brick.

Am speaking to BB for warranty / repair / replacement.
    06-03-17 05:17 AM
    I had this problem last week. Turned out it was the CM launcher I was using causing the drain. Reverted to BlackBerry launcher and alls well.
    hi, what do you mean by CM launcher? I'm suddenly having the same issue as well.

thanks
    01-26-18 09:10 PM
    Disabled power center after last update to it and battery life seemed to improve by a bunch.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-29-18 05:05 PM
    Disabled power center after last update to it and battery life seemed to improve by a bunch.
    ##Hi all

in the last 24hrs all of a sudden my battery seems t be draining very quickly even though im not using it more?
    I used to charge it once every 2 days and now im having to charge it daily

any ideas??

also does anyone know how to stop gettin the notifcations in messenger for the games?
    02-24-18 02:59 AM
    ##Hi all

in the last 24hrs all of a sudden my battery seems t be draining very quickly even though im not using it more?
    I used to charge it once every 2 days and now im having to charge it daily

any ideas??

also does anyone know how to stop gettin the notifcations in messenger for the games?
    Installed any new apps recently? That's probably the issue.
    02-24-18 12:18 PM
    My battery is also draining very quickly. Overnight it went from 48% to 4%.
    Something is obviously very wrong. I am going to rest the phone and see what happens.
    02-24-18 01:26 PM
    Hi ya

Erm only new apps i installed i uninstalled the same day

The only other thing different is i found some games in the facebook messenger app and have been playing a couple. and i now keep gettin notificaitons on messenger for them which is annoying and i dont think i can stop them. unless u have some ideas?

my neice has turned some of ym 'background' data off that was running which i didnt even realise. there were certain apps that were already on the phone that i dont use that were still burining data in background, but they wouldve been doing that since i bought the phone so strange how its only just started draining quickly in last 24hrs
    02-24-18 02:43 PM
    Same issue- absolutely identical. So how did you fix it?
    02-25-18 05:36 AM
    Same issue- absolutely identical. So how did you fix it?
    I tend to give it a simple restart to clear out any cobwebs in the system.

Or the 32+ Seconds reboot.
    02-25-18 09:13 AM
    Thanks; the restart didn't work as I had tried it too. How to do 32+ seconds reboot?
    02-25-18 11:36 AM
    Thanks; the restart didn't work as I had tried it too. How to do 32+ seconds reboot?
    You can try the 32 Reboot. Press and HOLD the Power Button 32+ seconds, ignoring the screen and any sounds or vibrations, then allow it to reboot.
    02-25-18 09:31 PM
    Thanks for such a detailed explanation. I did it. Sadly it didn't work. The upper part of back case is getting hot and battery is still draining... what else should I try please?
    02-26-18 12:05 AM
    Thanks for such a detailed explanation. I did it. Sadly it didn't work. The upper part of back case is getting hot and battery is still draining... what else should I try please?
    Give Safe Mode a try. It will only load basic apps and help eliminate downloaded apps that might be a problem.

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1065667/
    02-26-18 09:27 AM
    Thanks for the detailed advise; I did the safe mode thing and it worked. Battery stopped draining So it has to do with some app like you rightly said. I saw the recent updates in my apps and all are normal; nothing extra ordinary- all old ones... so wondering now.. please advise. Thanks.
    02-27-18 05:23 AM
    Thanks for the detailed advise; I did the safe mode thing and it worked. Battery stopped draining So it has to do with some app like you rightly said. I saw the recent updates in my apps and all are normal; nothing extra ordinary- all old ones... so wondering now.. please advise. Thanks.
    That does not mean all of them work as expected. Occasionally, folks have suggested the Hub or Hub+ or other apps misbehave. There could be a bug. So, it can be hard.

I generally find that a full 32 second reboot can sometimes just "fix" things.

So I really don't have any concrete suggestions. Reboot normally and see if things get better. Or roll back the most recent updates.
    02-27-18 10:02 AM
    Thanks for all suggestions; looks like it is some recent update in 'normal' app and that is where I am not able to find it... battery still draining
    02-28-18 09:42 PM
75 123