Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    So I have Googled the issue of keyone being painfully slow or lagging yet no one seems to have the same problem as me. My phone simply can't handle any task. Snapchat is a stuttering mess and the phone constantly freezes. If I have any more than one app open Google maps simply crashes and lags. The whole phone is slow and crashes really no matter what I do. I have tried changing the theme, resetting to factory settings, disabling and Uninstalling apps but nothing has worked. Honestly I love this phone for the keyboard and blackberry features but I don't see a point if it's practically unusable the majority of the time. Any help to save my keyone would be greatly appreciated.
    04-13-18 11:13 AM
    So I have Googled the issue of keyone being painfully slow or lagging yet no one seems to have the same problem as me. My phone simply can't handle any task. Snapchat is a stuttering mess and the phone constantly freezes. If I have any more than one app open Google maps simply crashes and lags. The whole phone is slow and crashes really no matter what I do. I have tried changing the theme, resetting to factory settings, disabling and Uninstalling apps but nothing has worked. Honestly I love this phone for the keyboard and blackberry features but I don't see a point if it's practically unusable the majority of the time. Any help to save my keyone would be greatly appreciated.
    Go to settings, storage, internal, and click on cached data.

Wait a minute, and then reboot by holding down the power button until the phone begins to restart.
    04-13-18 11:18 AM
    Go to settings, storage, internal, and click on cached data.

Wait a minute, and then reboot by holding down the power button until the phone begins to restart.
    Could snapchat be the culprit?

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    04-13-18 11:24 AM
    Could snapchat be the culprit?

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    It doesn't help, but it won't be that drastic.
    04-13-18 11:25 AM
    Few things helped me significantly:

WhatsApp files and images deletion / removal
    Other files and images deletion / removal

(Some of these movies / images sent on messaging apps aren't legit)

Cache clearance

32 seconds reboot

Turn Off all accessibility services

Keep apps to necessary minimum, uninstall any unused apps

Only use legit apps
    04-13-18 11:31 AM
    You may want to reimage and start from scratch, that or you have a hardware problem like bad memory of the video processor is bad.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    04-15-18 10:21 PM
    If doing a factory reset didn't work, then it's likely you do have bad hardware as Soapm suggested. In this case, I'd call BBM for a warranty replacement. This situation can be a bit iffy, though, as if they don't find that there is any issue, they could charge you for the repair/replacement or simply send it back with only a fresh flashing of the firmware. If the issue persists, call them again and reference the claim number they give you.

Best of luck!
    04-16-18 01:07 PM
    Another thing you can do to speed up your KEYone is to enable Developer options (IIRC, tap on about phone for about 7 times. A popup tells you that you are in developer mode) Go to Windows animation scale, Transition animation scale, animator scale, and animator duration scale. Change all these values to 1X. I does speed up the phone. I am not a gamer on my phone, so I do not know if this affects game playing.
    04-18-18 02:07 PM
    Change all these values to 1X.

Should be 0.5 not 1 which is the default.
    04-18-18 02:21 PM
    Should be 0.5 not 1 which is the default.
    Thanks. I thought the default was two, and I set it to one, to split the difference. Oh well. We know that reducing these values works!
    04-18-18 03:11 PM
    Thanks. I thought the default was two, and I set it to one, to split the difference. Oh well. We know that reducing these values works!
    Thanks, I realize that the default IS one. Thanks for helping my old mind! And now to adjust this device - this KEYone was a replacement from my original with the screen lift issue. Now to actually adjust this phone! LOL
    04-18-18 03:28 PM
    Same here with all apps freezing up on a new one a week old. Getting message that Chrome, Facebook, candy crush, every app "is not responding" . This is a brand new Keyone from Best Buy that I PAID for AGAIN to replace my first one with the screen lift issue. Didn't want someone in China getting my info or having everything wiped from my first one because therefore 's important info in my Blackberry Notes that I need to move. PAID for another screen with the ribbon attached since mine tore & have left it locally to be installed. Hasn't even need a year & I've paid for 2. Don't wanna reset & have to set everything up yet AGAIN since it probably won't help if it did it from the get-go. I hate to say this, but after 20 years on only using blackberry, it may be the last. My 1st one was great til the screen fell off. This one sucks
    05-26-18 09:03 AM
    Snapchat is a mess on all android phones. Get rid of it and your battery live will be great lol
    05-26-18 09:07 AM
    Snapchat is a mess on all android phones. Get rid of it and your battery live will be great lol
    So is the Facebook app. Uninstall it and see for yourself
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    05-26-18 11:12 AM
    Another thing you can do to speed up your KEYone is to enable Developer options (IIRC, tap on about phone for about 7 times. A popup tells you that you are in developer mode) Go to Windows animation scale, Transition animation scale, animator scale, and animator duration scale. Change all these values to 1X. I does speed up the phone. I am not a gamer on my phone, so I do not know if this affects game playing.
    When tapping on about phone it just puts me in to this
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone is almost unusable-202902.jpg  
    05-27-18 11:08 PM
    When tapping on about phone it just puts me in to this
    Now tap on the build number.
    05-28-18 06:24 AM
    thanks conite
    wow does that ever speed this thing up eh : )
    05-28-18 11:20 PM
    You can even take it a step further and download SystemUI Tuner (Zachary Wander) from Play Store, then just plug it in your computer, run the commands in adb/terminal and you can then have complete control over animations speeds.

The developer options only let you choose between: off, 0.5x or 1x (and the others which no-one would ever want).

But with SystemUI Tuner, you can set them to any value. I have mine on 0.25x, but since I'm always on power saving mode, they're all off anyways lol
    05-29-18 04:39 AM