I'm on Multilingual layout with German/English (GB) set on a QWERTZ device (Germany unlocked).

If you set up a custom symbol keyboard layout,

1. the ampersand (&) will not work when selected by PKB 'j'. Instead it will input ';'. It will work fine when selected by touchscreen.

2. mentioned in another thread the currency key inserts '€' when it should '$'. This happens as with the ampersand bug when you select by keyboard after opening 'sym' and does work when selecting by touchscreen. Default currency key is '€' in this case.
    --------------------------
    3. When alt and shift modfier are active, the '7' and ')' keys which are 'Y' and 'Z' without the alt modifier are swapped. This is probably a layout bug QWERTZ/QWERTY.
    Last edited by apt-get; 12-13-17 at 03:37 PM. Reason: added and deleted a bug
    08-08-17 04:31 PM
    I'm on Multilingual layout with German/English (GB) set on a QWERTZ device (Germany unlocked).

When alt and shift modfier are active, the '7' and ')' keys which are 'Y' and 'Z' without the alt modifier are swapped. This is probably a layout bug QWERTZ/QWERTY.
    12-13-17 03:36 PM
    @LiamQ this adds up to those custom layout bugs on PRIV too:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...y-bug-1113983/
    12-14-17 05:16 PM

If you set up a custom symbol keyboard layout,

1. the ampersand (&) will not work when selected by PKB 'j'. Instead it will input ';'. It will work fine when selected by touchscreen.
    Still relevant on KEY² with Android Oreo 8.1.0 ABA082
    07-22-18 05:49 PM
    Still relevant on KEY² with Android Oreo 8.1.0 ABA082
    Dude.. Disappointing. To hope they could fix these bugs within more than a year, with a now 2 pkb devices, was apparently too much expected
    07-25-18 01:59 AM
    Dude.. Disappointing. To hope they could fix these bugs within more than a year, with 4 now pkb devices, was apparently too much expected
    Seems like they spread less love to QWERTZ.

But new hope as I made @blackberrymobile aware via their Support Centre app on the KEY².
    07-25-18 02:04 AM
    i hope they listen this time. a year ago i contacted the support too. I got a ticket and stuff, and they said they were aware of these bugs. And despite of being aware of these, after a year the bugs are still there.
    07-25-18 02:08 AM
    i hope they listen this time. a year ago i contacted the support too. I got a ticket and stuff, and they said they were aware of these bugs. And despite of being aware of these, after a year the bugs are still there.
    Yeah, it's sad. Let's hope for the best.
    07-25-18 02:08 AM
    Isn't there any other representative of the keyboard team here?

Mark Cullum and Colin Ho are in our Hall of Fame, but I found no other so far to bring these problems up beside @LiamQ:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ut-bug-1118026

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...y-bug-1113983/
    07-25-18 03:10 AM
    We weren't able to reproduce issue #3 from the original post. We'll try again.

We haven't gotten to the custom symbol issues yet due to other priorities, but we are tracking them.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    07-25-18 07:47 AM

We haven't gotten to the custom symbol issues yet due to other priorities, but we are tracking them.
    I haven't experienced the 3rd bug in OP on my KEY² yet. Maybe it's fixed?

Bug 1 and 2 are still present.
    07-25-18 08:57 AM

Try it in the Pin code to unlock the phone. By pressing Z on the QWERTZ keyboard on the lockscreen, you get the 7. but the 7 should be on Y on QWERTZ.
    I think the Z and Y swap bug in the multilanguage mode is fixed. Haven't seen it for a long time. But in the lockscreen to unlock via pin, for sim card or normal lock, it's still there
    07-25-18 09:19 AM
    Try it in the Pin code to unlock the phone. By pressing Z on the QWERTZ keyboard on the lockscreen, you get the 7. but the 7 should be on Y on QWERTZ.
    I think the Z and Y swap bug in the multilanguage mode is fixed. Haven't seen it for a long time. But in the lockscreen to unlock via pin, for sim card or normal lock, it's still there
    Thanks for clarifying. I switched from PIN to password, so I can speak for multilanguage text only.
    07-25-18 09:23 AM
    Which device and OS version are you using?
    07-25-18 09:28 AM
    Which device and OS version are you using?
    Blackberry Keyone Black Edition
    BBB100-2
    Android 7.1.1
    security update 5. June 2018
    Build number ABA693
    07-25-18 09:37 AM
    Blackberry Keyone Black Edition
    BBB100-2
    Android 7.1.1
    security update 5. June 2018
    Build number ABA693
    You should get the fix for that issue along with the Android 8.1 update.
    07-25-18 09:56 AM
    i look forward to it
    07-25-18 10:56 AM

As Info, I gladly don't see that PIN Y/Z problem on my QWERTZ PRIV, as I guess we won't have the option to update to Oreo

And thx for again acknowledging the problem with custom symbols from a year ago.
    07-25-18 01:36 PM