06-14-18 10:19 AM
46 12
tools
    I cannot get my work email installed through the hub. It will install correctly (exchange - manual) through regular account setup. This worked just fine with my blackberry passport. It should work with the Keyone.

Hub is my primary way of using a blackberry and most efficient. I do know when adding you have to agree to give administrative rights to the work provider.

Error is it cannot connect to server.

Posted via CB10
    rkanazawa likes this.
    06-05-17 07:05 PM
    I cannot get my work email installed through the hub. It will install correctly (exchange - manual) through regular account setup. This worked just fine with my blackberry passport. It should work with the Keyone.

Hub is my primary way of using a blackberry and most efficient. I do know when adding you have to agree to give administrative rights to the work provider.

Error is it cannot connect to server.

Posted via CB10
    Many corporate companies are moving to MDM which requires airwatch, please check if your company has also moved? Contact your IT team.
    06-05-17 07:17 PM
    Can you post a screen shot of the error?
    06-06-17 12:19 AM
    Guys having exactly the same issue with my set up. Even my IT department tried to set up for entire day and nothing come out. Only Error cant connect to the server. I had set up my email on BB10 as well on Samsung C7(Blackberry Hub) without any troubles. Just bought a new K1 and is not able to even use it .
    By any chance is due newer version of Android ? Please let me know
    06-06-17 04:43 AM
    Guys having exactly the same issue with my set up. Even my IT department tried to set up for entire day and nothing come out. Only Error cant connect to the server. I had set up my email on BB10 as well on Samsung C7(Blackberry Hub) without any troubles. Just bought a new K1 and is not able to even use it .
    By any chance is due newer version of Android ? Please let me know
    06-06-17 04:43 AM
    Any idea what mDm is an air watch?
    06-06-17 04:16 PM
    Make sure you select SSL/TSL (accept all certificates) from the drop down box at the bottom of setup screen. I set up 8 Exchange accounts on my KeyOne yesterday no problem.
    06-06-17 04:56 PM
    I have tried both. I downloaded the OUTLOOK App. It will install with it. Just not through the Keyone BB hub. It's like it will not pop up the window that asks for permisssion for my I.T. to have some control over the phone.
    06-06-17 10:58 PM
    I did select SSL/TSL(accept all certificates) but still same error is not able to connect to the server. IT guys still trying to figure out and seems issue is from blackberry itself as i used on my S8 blackberry hub and was able to set up account . Really running out of ideasHub email (work) error. -. KEYONE-screenshot_20170604-220418.jpg
    06-07-17 02:14 AM
    I have the exact same problem with my work email. Hours spent with my IT department until they gave up and told me that they will escalate the problem directly to Airwatch. They just came back to me after a week confirming that the native email app (Hub+) in Keyone is not supported. The alternative is to source for another phone that is supported. Anyway, I am using BlueMail from the Play Store which works just fine without any complication during set up. Just that I can't maximize Hub+ functions.
    06-07-17 02:54 AM
    SQC314 thank you for yr info. So in the other words would never be able to set up my work email account via Blackberry Hub on K1?
    06-07-17 03:50 AM
    Looks like it. My company implemented something for all users recently. We all have to set up our email through Airwatch MDM for security reasons and its supposed to automatically launch the phone's native email app to complete the process. But with Hub+ on K1 it does not launch at all even with all the right settings. But its quite absurd when a 3rd party app can do it and the Hub+ cant. I used to be able to use it on my BB Passport.
    06-07-17 06:15 AM
    This is really absurd and hope BB team will follow up this issue and fix accordingly. Otherwise will have to say goodbye to BB after 4 years. its really ridicules that i can use bb hub on any other android phone but not on k1.
    06-07-17 06:33 AM
    I have the same issue with my Bell KeyOne. Twitted @blackberry and @blackberryhelp. Nothing yet. I am not sure it is a hardware issue. More Line nougat issue. Would be nice if BlackBerry acknowledged it and said they were working on it.
    06-07-17 10:02 PM
    I am back on my passport for now. I find it hard to believe this was not thoroughly tested. The one great thing (hub). Does not work!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 01:45 AM
    Also cant believed especially handset is not cheap and would not even consider changing from passport if i would know cant use hub. Already twitted @blackberry hope other ppl would not make same mistake
    06-08-17 03:19 AM
    anyone get any response from @blackberry or @blackberryhelp?

Nothing to me. sent a DM to @blackberryhelp again today.
    06-09-17 12:39 PM
    well @blackberryhelp responded to the DM and told me to go talk to @bbmobile so I have tweeted them. let's see if they respond. they don't accept DM like @blackberryhelp or at least I couldn't figure out a way if it is possible.
    06-09-17 12:50 PM
    okay, progress. called @bbmobilesupport. very helpful over the phone. tried troubleshooting but not much luck. so submitted bug reports. hopefully they find the fix.
    06-09-17 06:54 PM
    Guys i am already following up this case with BB via email and they asked me on last Friday to provide Bug report. After that they will escalate to their development team.

***Quote***
    Hello,

Thank your for the Bug report.

Please note that I have escalated your case to our development team. The issue is currently under investigation.

We will be back to you with an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding,
    ***Unquote****
    06-11-17 11:04 PM
    This issue has persisted since the days of the Priv. There are a few android devices/OEMs for which native email is supported for airwatch. Strangely, one of airwatch or BB does not allow that feature on Blackdroid Hub. I have therefore been compelled to use the less functional Airwatch Inbox app on both Priv and K1.
    I'm still waiting for the day someone does something about this or at least responds adequately.
    06-12-17 04:15 AM
    This issue has persisted since the days of the Priv. There are a few android devices/OEMs for which native email is supported for airwatch. Strangely, one of airwatch or BB does not allow that feature on Blackdroid Hub. I have therefore been compelled to use the less functional Airwatch Inbox app on both Priv and K1.
    I'm still waiting for the day someone does something about this or at least responds adequately.
    can't say about airwatch. But If it is any consolation it does not work with BES12 on keyOne. A ticket is open with BBMobile and I presume they with BlackBerry. Per above one is open with BlackBerry directly as well. So hopefully something comes out of it.
    06-12-17 03:01 PM
    I have the same issue as well. other clients work as they have a pop up asking me to accept that corporate IT will have some control etc etc - which once accepted the exchange push mail, calendar etc starts fine.
    but the hub doesn't ask this. there's no pop up. just same error message you guys have had.
    hope we get a response soon. hub was one of the main reasons I went back to BB from iPhone
    06-18-17 07:48 AM
    I am still talking to BB development team but seems they are clueless and not sure how to fix that. Also tweet on BB@help but so far no response only assurance that bb development team will contact me regarding that matter. I think more ppl need to complain thus bb would take further action otherwise it will harm their sales
    06-20-17 03:46 AM
    BB said they are now aware of the issue. One day it will be fixed. How they missed this one is beyond me. It is the Hallmark of BB Hub email! I am making do without it. I love the phone. Honestly the passport email BB 10 o.s. for the email hands down still in my mind works so much better. They have a great phone but have taken two steps back on the business aspect of technology of what I consider a Blackberry power user. Maybe for the average user they will not notice.
    zuboji likes this.
    06-21-17 01:12 AM
46 12