Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Is anyone else experiencing a lag on the Hub?

I was using the PRIV / Venice earlier and there was a bit of a lag. But on the Keyone, the lag seems significantly more pronounced. At times upto 10 minutes.

Any suggestions?

There are 6 email accounts in total. All accounts are Gmail.
    All have been set to PUSH if available.
    Auto Sync is turned on.
    Sync interval has been set to 15 minutes.
    Not using any other APP on the device for managing emails.
    06-05-17 01:39 AM
    Although I don't know what the problem could be, I can say that for now, until you find out what the problem is, you can - when you are needing a quick update on emails - just press the refresh button in the hub (with the hub open, just press the menu button in the top right corner of the hub). Hope someone knows the full story on that unusual slow hub thing.
    06-05-17 07:44 AM
    Is anyone else experiencing a lag on the Hub?

I was using the PRIV / Venice earlier and there was a bit of a lag. But on the Keyone, the lag seems significantly more pronounced. At times upto 10 minutes.

Any suggestions?

There are 6 email accounts in total. All accounts are Gmail.
    All have been set to PUSH if available.
    Auto Sync is turned on.
    Sync interval has been set to 15 minutes.
    Not using any other APP on the device for managing emails.
    Yes I have this delay in receiving emails too but I'm using th hub on an s7.
    06-05-17 07:55 AM
    ... one thing to think about, Nougat OS goes into little sleeps when it is left stationary, like on a desk or a cradle or things like that. It's a power management feature. It would certainly influence how and when things arrive in the hub.
    06-06-17 05:34 AM
    I use the hub on S8 and it also has a little delay.
    06-06-17 05:58 AM
    ... one thing to think about, Nougat OS goes into little sleeps when it is left stationary, like on a desk or a cradle or things like that. It's a power management feature. It would certainly influence how and when things arrive in the hub.
    It could be... any ideas on how one could 'manage' this power management 'feature' to avoid the delays?

Update:

Just went into the Power Centre and changed the HUB setting to NOT Optimised.

perhaps, this MIGHT help.
    06-06-17 08:17 AM
    I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to keep the device somewhere it's regularly given a little shake to nudge the onboard sensors, maybe a top pocket, or something like that. Anything is better than leaving it resting somewhere. I see other people with Marshmallow / Nougat on their devices are mentioning similar delays. Could be the same thing.
    06-06-17 08:25 AM
    This gives some background information on how it works...

https://www.androidcentral.com/andro...d-battery-life
    06-06-17 09:48 AM
    Sigh... While I do understand the need for better Power Management, I don't see why it has to interfere with something like the HUB and defeat the entire purpose (of the HUB and in some cases, of the device itself).

Damn, I miss BB OS 10.

Sigh...
    06-06-17 10:25 AM
    I've experienced the same Hub delays and share your disappointment. Unfortunately I don't have any solution to offer.

The same thing was happening on the DTEK50 and I attributed it to the 'doze' feature which was previously mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 02:18 PM
    Slow HUB notifications of emails is my biggest complaint right now. I eliminated it from "Battery Optimization" but if that doesn't work, and quick, I'm done with HUB. I need to know when emails come in - not 5-15 minutes later.
    06-06-17 10:32 PM
    Slow HUB notifications of emails is my biggest complaint right now. I eliminated it from "Battery Optimization" but if that doesn't work, and quick, I'm done with HUB. I need to know when emails come in - not 5-15 minutes later.
    I know! 5-15 mins later may not seem like a big deal to some people.

It is a huge problem, for some of us, at least. Hope the guys working on the BlackBerry 'apps' are competent enough to understand (and fix) this.

Well, removing the HUB from Battery Optimisation doesn't work, unfortunately.

Waiting for a proper solution.
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 06-07-17 at 11:09 AM.
    06-06-17 11:15 PM
    I did reach out to BlackBerry support about the issue. Submitted a ticket.

Got a response stating I should delete the account and set it up again. I responded that I have even done a Factory Reset and set up the entire device again, not just the accounts.

Got a reply that I should send them Bug Reports (for which I am first expected to enable developer options, delete the email accounts, set it up again and take a bug report at that point).

My response (and I guess a lot of users will disagree with me here) was:

" Hello Tudor,

Thank you for your response,

As I said, the issue is well documented on various forums and I simply do not have the time or the intent to enable the Developer Mode to send a Bug Report for a known issue. Please note I did not buy the handset to be a beta tester and submit bug-reports.

Hopefully someone else will do the same and your team can resolve the issue which will make the HUB (on Android) at least at PAR to the one we had on BB OS 10.

Thank you "

Sigh...
    06-07-17 11:07 AM
    Thanks very much for trying to chase down a solution.

Seems like there needs to be some software solution that would allow, at the user's discretion, for important email accounts to override the Doze feature and activate Hub.

If there was such an override mechanism, personally I would use it for 1 email account and BBM.

But not being a programmer, I don't know if that is even possible.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 04:06 PM
    What is the smallest "sync interval" setting that is available on the gmail accounts? try that?
    06-08-17 08:48 AM
    What is the smallest "sync interval" setting that is available on the gmail accounts? try that?
    Smaller sync interval is 5 mins. Have tried that too. The delay does kick in even with that.
    06-08-17 11:35 AM
    Is there ANYONE who can offer a work around or a suggestion?

I went to the limits of deleting all accounts from the Hub. Re-Enabling the Gmail App (crap) and defining all the accounts in Gmail. The delay persists. Either I will get the notification after about 20 mins (If the device is left alone), or I will get the notification when I wake up the screen (in case I received any Whatsapp / BBM / SMS / Phone call... OR I just picked up the device to check the time).
    06-13-17 01:04 AM
    I have now completely disabled the Power Centre 'App'.
    I have also gone into Settings > Special Access > Battery Optimisation and set the HUB to NOT BE Optimised.

Hopefully this works. Waiting.
    06-13-17 01:27 AM
    That are the Doze features - Android 6(!) got sleepy when left without movement for 30 (or 60?) minutes and you didn't use it. Especially when Power Saving Mode is on: Both together made it sleep very well.

On Android 7 this mode can also kick in earlier *and* when the device got moved but not used actively - like your walking around and have it in your pocket.

@L o r d R a j: If this excluding the HUB from Power saving still doesn't work every time - Just try excluding the hub-services too. And with GSam (Google Play) you can check how long the device was awake/in Deep-Sleep/in Doze-Mode.
    06-20-17 10:39 AM
    Has anyone found a sensible solution to this delay / lag, yet? Or are we expected to continue putting up with this substandard version of 'push' email delivery?
    @dave787 - Excluded hub-services as well. No improvement.

I have also tried to follow up with the BlackBerry support (via email). No response yet.
    07-06-17 11:20 PM