Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hello,

BlackBerry KeyONE user here (Black Edition, 64GB/4GB).

I've had my KeyOne for a few weeks and I am extremely happy with it overall.

If I power on my phone, and do nothing else, my phone makes an annoying tapping sound every 5 seconds or so, until I type in my password. It sounds kind of like a stick tapping a metal bucket. I guess it's supposed to be some sort of reminder to type in my password. I don't need my phone nagging me to type in my password; I'll type it in when I want to.

My question is, does anyone know how to turn this sound off (without turning off the "require password on startup" feature)?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by 2010montf; 02-08-18 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Edited: clarified request
    02-06-18 02:14 PM
    Hello,

If I power on my phone, and do nothing else, my phone makes an annoying tapping sound every 5 seconds or so, until I type in my password. It sounds kind of like a stick tapping a metal bucket. I guess it's supposed to be some sort of reminder to type in my password. I don't need my phone nagging me to type in my password; I'll type it in when I want to.

My question is, does anyone know how to turn this sound off? I can't seem to find a setting for it.

Thanks for any help.
    Turn off the "password or pin required for bootup" .
    02-06-18 02:30 PM
    Hello,

My question is, does anyone know how to turn this sound off (without turning off the "require password on startup" feature)?

Thanks for any help.
    Ok, I've updated my original post.

I think it should have been obvious that I do not want to turn off the "require password on startup" feature, given that that's an optional setting you have to manually turn on yourself, but I guess it wasn't obvious.

I am looking for a way to turn off that constant startup tapping sound without turning off the "require password on startup" feature.

If I turn off the "require password on startup" feature, then my phone is less secure when it's off than when it's on. I have that feature on for a reason.
    02-08-18 12:54 PM
    Try "Settings" » "Sound" » "Other sounds" and you should find the option to toggle off "Sound for blocked screen".

(I hope these are the options in English, as I have my settings in Spanish).
    02-08-18 01:19 PM