Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I had to exchange my KEYone because the screen lifted. I assumed that I could just pull the SD card out and put it in the new one, but when I do that, it says it isn't formatted correctly. I put it back in the old phone, and I can "format as portable," which formats the card, or when I go to eject it, it warns me that it will only work in this phone (picture attached).

Is there an easy way to do this, without backing everything up on my PC, formatting the card, then putting everything back on? That always messes up the dates of my pictures...
    Attached Thumbnails How do I move my SD card from old K1 to new K1?-19846.jpg  
    09-08-17 10:25 PM
    Try maybe using an autoloader? it'll wipe your phone but also your SD card will be wiped and will then possibly work
    09-08-17 11:06 PM
    You just came across the best reason NOT to use an SD card as adoptable storage.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-08-17 11:12 PM
    You just came across the best reason NOT to use an SD card as adoptable storage.
    Very true. I'm getting the black edition keyone for Christmas and then will probably ditch my 32gb Samsung SD card as it won't be needed! - 64gb internal storage is more than enough for me
    09-08-17 11:20 PM
    Adoptable Storage means the SD card is "adopted" by the phone, and once adopted, cannot be moved to any other device without loss of data. You are warned that when you set it up, and that's what the warning message you posted reiterates. This is exactly how Adoptable Storage works.

Your only option to save your data is to transfer it all off of the phone (on to a PC or something), then move the card and format it on the new device, and transfer all the data back. There are no other options that will preserve your data.

Next time consider if you really need more app storage, or if you'd like to have your SD card as a standard, removable, transferable device...
    FF22 likes this.
    09-08-17 11:24 PM
    Adoptable Storage means the SD card is "adopted" by the phone, and once adopted, cannot be moved to any other device without loss of data. You are warned that when you set it up, and that's what the warning message you posted reiterates. This is exactly how Adoptable Storage works.

Your only option to save your data is to transfer it all off of the phone (on to a PC or something), then move the card and format it on the new device, and transfer all the data back. There are no other options that will preserve your data.

Next time consider if you really need more app storage, or if you'd like to have your SD card as a standard, removable, transferable device...
    Alrighty then ... seems like i learned my lesson on this one.

Do you know if there is any way to backup an sd card while preserving the dates of photos and videos?
    09-08-17 11:32 PM

Do you know if there is any way to backup an sd card while preserving the dates of photos and videos?
    Upload to Google Drive. The option is in the Photos app
    09-08-17 11:33 PM

All of those media files have the creation dates inside of them - the photos as EXIF data specifically. That shouldn't change no matter where you move them - I move photos around all the time between devices and even pics from years ago still have the original data.

Videos don't have EXIF-type data, just standard file data, which is easier to change, but if they do accidentally get changed, they can be (manually) changed back with various utilities. But, again, just moving them shouldn't change that "created date" data.
    09-08-17 11:35 PM