Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi
    Just reading the below forum i want to disable all shortcuts on my Keyone and make Device search default. So when i start typing on homepage i want the device to search on device search like the old blackberry's did.

Can someone advise how i do this please. Not sure how to change this in launcher settting as mentioned on the below forum.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-keyone-f445/device-search-home-screen-1109431/

Thanks
    02-07-18 04:02 AM
    Long press on an open area of the home screen, select settings, typing action. Choose start a search.
    02-07-18 07:13 AM
    For me, this only triggers a Google web search, not a device search. Any idea on how to reset?
    05-23-18 11:31 PM
    Long press on an open area of the home screen, select settings, typing action. Choose start a search.
    Repeat these steps but instead of "typing action", select " keyboard shortcuts"....in there select S > perform action > you should see "device search" as an option
    05-24-18 03:11 AM
    I don't see device search as an option.
    06-01-18 03:15 PM
    I don't see device search as an option.
    What do you see? Screenshot might help. Also what version of phone do you have?
    06-01-18 05:34 PM
    Hi
    Just reading the below forum i want to disable all shortcuts on my Keyone and make Device search default. So when i start typing on homepage i want the device to search on device search like the old blackberry's did.

Can someone advise how i do this please. Not sure how to change this in launcher settting as mentioned on the below forum.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...creen-1109431/

Thanks
    A better idea would be to set the "D" short press to launch the device search, that way you keep all shortcuts and device search is just a short press away. Basically, hit "d" and then type away anything you want. Either way the device search app has to load.
    06-03-18 07:00 AM
    For me, this only triggers a Google web search, not a device search. Any idea on how to reset?
    Start by going into the Launcher and change "typing action" from "long press..." to "device search"

Then from the keyboard when you press any letter you should see the following screen....proceed accordingly.
    Attached Thumbnails How can I make Device Search default on Blackberry Keyone like the old blackberrys?-notable-00067.jpg  
    06-03-18 10:18 AM
    Start by going into the Launcher and change "typing action" from "long press..." to "device search"

Then from the keyboard when you press any letter you should see the following screen....proceed accordingly.
    Sadly I only get the attached screen when I do that - and " Start a search" takes me straight to Google. No option. I think there's a UX oversight - when you select "always" rather than "just once" when prompted by BlackBerry , there is no way to reverse that.
    Attached Thumbnails How can I make Device Search default on Blackberry Keyone like the old blackberrys?-blackberry-search-error.jpg  
    06-03-18 07:41 PM