I'm moving from my Q10 to the keyone.

Can anyone advise how to move all my info everything on phone) to the new phone.

Also, would anyone know what the built in memory of the Q10 is?

Also, any recommendations for what SD card to use, and must it be formatted first?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-18 07:22 PM
    I'm moving from my Q10 to the keyone.

Can anyone advise how to move all my info everything on phone) to the new phone.

Also, would anyone know what the built in memory of the Q10 is?

Also, any recommendations for what SD card to use, and must it be formatted first?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    There is a Content Transfer app available for both phones. I can transfer 3,500 text messages (3rd party apps can move it all), contacts, calendar and some part of the Remember app's data.

It can also transfer music, photos, and similar but that can take quite a while occupying the phone. I prefer to move/copy to the computer and then to the phone.
    anon(9188202) and Bob Brown7 like this.
    04-12-18 07:34 PM
    I seem to recall that the Content Transfer app by Media Mushroom worked pretty good for me when moving data from my Passport to KEYone. Some data may have been moved manually - it has been a while and I ain't gettin' any younger. 😊
    04-12-18 07:40 PM
    The built in memory of the Q10 is 2gb ram, and 16Gb of storage.
    aussie99 likes this.
    04-14-18 11:51 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

I'm a bit lost to be honest. WIth my old BB phones you could do a backup and then import the backup onto the new phone and absolutely everything was on the new phone.

IS that still possible?
    04-15-18 06:40 AM
    Thanks for the replies.

I'm a bit lost to be honest. WIth my old BB phones you could do a backup and then import the backup onto the new phone and absolutely everything was on the new phone.

IS that still possible?
    Unfortunately, NO!

There's a Google backup mode (Main Settings, etc) but it does not backup everything. In android you are intended to rely on Google for such things as syncing email, contacts, calendar. Content Transfer mentioned above can move SOME stuff between devices. Manual backup of such things as music (4gigs), video (16gigs), photos secures items to my computer and back and forth. Apps purchased or downloaded will be restored if you establish the same Google Id. Then there are apps that can do some backups.

Most complete backup apps seem to rely on "rooting" the device and that cannot be done on a BB android device.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    04-15-18 09:32 AM
    damn
    04-15-18 09:23 PM