I am trying to transfer the data from my Passport to my new Keyone using the provided content transfer app. I am moving everything from my old phone to my new one (left every box checked).

I have tried running it through the cloud and through my wifi connection.

Every time I try to run it through google drive, it gets through my calendar (about 75 items), my contacts (a little over 1000) and gets part way through my pictures (about 2000) and a message pops up saying "This will cancel the data transfer and exit the application. Do you want to do this?" I have not touched the Passport or done anything to cause it to prompt this message. I press no and it pops right back up, over and over until I finally exit and start over.

If I try to do the transfer using the wifi connection it, again, gets through the calendar and contacts. Then, while transferring the pictures it stalls. It just gets to a certain point and doesn't go any further, even if I leave it for hours.

I have considered unselecting the pictures as part of the transfer and trying it again, but I really need to have them with me. Most of them are work related and I frequently need to reference them as part of the job.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you get past it?

Is there not a desktop software like there was for previous Blackberry phones? That was so simple. Just plug both phones in and let it do its thing, quick and easy.
    10-03-17 02:21 PM
    Lot's of people have....

I used link... there was nothing fast or easy (when it worked), especially if you had huge amounts of data.

Most people move images via their SD Card or using a cloud services with enough storage.

Is all of your contacts and calendar data stored on the device... or is it synced with an account? If synced there is no need to transfer that data. Try to cut down on the size of your backup.
    10-03-17 02:42 PM
    I don't have an SD card. I might have to get one I guess.

I found that Link was not as good as the previous Blackberry Desktop Software, but I still never had quite the trouble I am having with this content transfer app.

My calendar and contacts are not synced, but I will take out the pictures and try it again. I can buy an SD card later and transfer them then. I don't have much other large data to deal with. No music, very few videos. Mostly calendar, contacts, a few docs, and a ton of texts and emails.

Thanks.
    10-03-17 03:13 PM
    It worked, second try, after trying the transfer without the pictures. Thanks for the advice.

Struggling with email account set up now. New post pending moderator review.
    10-03-17 04:29 PM
    It worked, second try, after trying the transfer without the pictures. Thanks for the advice.

Struggling with email account set up now. New post pending moderator review.
    You don't even really need an SD-card. I have always used my computer as my main storage for things like Photos, music, videos, essential docs, etc. So I copy photos, etc to my computer generally using the usb cord. (of course BB10 has great wifi-sharing where the cable was unnecessary but I digress). That way my unique data is saved to computer and can be transferred from phone to phone to phone or laptop, etc. I try copying new photos daily to computer.

ENJOY the new phone.
    10-03-17 06:30 PM
    Thanks.

I was considering that as well. I am assuming one can just treat the phones like a external hard drive and transfer files in the same way?

I am trying to enjoy the phone, but I have to admit I am struggling with the Android OS. For now, it sure seems to be far less user friendly than the various Blackberry and Windows OSs I have used over the years.
    10-03-17 06:45 PM
    Thanks.

I was considering that as well. I am assuming one can just treat the phones like a external hard drive and transfer files in the same way?

I am trying to enjoy the phone, but I have to admit I am struggling with the Android OS. For now, it sure seems to be far less user friendly than the various Blackberry and Windows OSs I have used over the years.
    Android does take some time to learn.

As for the phone as "thumb drive" Yes, but when you plug in the usb cable you will or won't see a Notice. Swipe down and look for "phone connected in charging mode" (or similar). Tap that message/notice. Then select "file transfer (or whatever)" and then hit the "file transfer" option. The phone should appear as a drive in your Explorer window.
    10-03-17 10:04 PM
    Thanks again.

I used to just back everything up with Link, or, before that, Blackberry Desktop Software.
    10-03-17 10:12 PM
    Thanks again.

I used to just back everything up with Link, or, before that, Blackberry Desktop Software.
    Doesn't hurt to use those.... But if you are migrating to Android, I'd backup that data with something like Ultimate Backup (in BlackBerry World). And save the data in formats that can be used on any device.

FF22 advise about using a PC can be helpful too, in that you can install Google Drive on a PC and the data can be synced with your phone.

Your LINK Backups depend on LINK working and you having a BB10 phone that is working. Six months from now that might not be the case.
    FF22 and emrano like this.
    10-04-17 11:14 AM