Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
02-19-18 07:38 PM
41 12
tools
    I'm with Rogers Wireless and since getting the K1 on first launch and installing a MOODIE 3d glass protector I've been having issues with the back return and home keys due to the edge of the screen protector sitting right on the bottom edge of the keys. I decided to try on a leap of faith that it would resolve and wasting money on the protector to remove it entirely. Since i removed it the responsiveness is back to normal what it should be. It really was frustrating having to constantly tapp the buttoms numerous times to get them to work. Did some research and sometimes with oleophobic coatings combined with another layer of a glass protector it may desensitize the buttons a little. Now haven't tried the basic silicone protector as its thinner but am concerned that it may arise again if I install a silicone protector. I know looking thru the forums a few of you are having the same issue. Can anyone chime in on this.THanks.
    bb4work likes this.
    07-21-17 12:11 PM
    I've tried three different glass protectors so far and had to remove them all due to the back button not being responsive enough. It doesn't seem to be as much of a problem right away, but over time it gets worse and worse until it becomes unusable.

I have ordered a fourth protector with curved edges that I'm hoping will be better.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-21-17 12:50 PM
    I've tried three different glass protectors so far and had to remove them all due to the back button not being responsive enough. It doesn't seem to be as much of a problem right away, but over time it gets worse and worse until it becomes unusable.

I have ordered a fourth protector with curved edges that I'm hoping will be better.
    Awesome!!!! let us know what the brand is!
    07-21-17 01:05 PM
    isn't there a problem with the July update? I have a screenprotector (glass with edges) and the hardwarebuttons (back, home and recent apps) worked great but after the July update they are really buggy and unresponsive
    07-22-17 01:01 AM
    sorry guys, my fault. I Ripped of my tempered glass screen protector and found out that?
    indeed, it is an issue with the screenprotector and not with the July update. Now I need to search for a better screenprotector (I have one with the back, recent apps and home-button protected as well).
    07-22-17 02:55 AM
    isn't there a problem with the July update? I have a screenprotector (glass with edges) and the hardwarebuttons (back, home and recent apps) worked great but after the July update they are really buggy and unresponsive
    Yeah that's exactly what's happened to me....sooooo frustrating!!!! It's not the July update! It progressively got worse for me then it became noticeable then I realized we had an issue!
    Going to try the full coverage curved screen protector been looking at a few and are quite thin, anti oil coating, and easy to apply! I'll chime in once I've used it a bit! Main concern is not losing and sensitivity to touch with the buttons!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 07-24-17 at 01:01 AM.
    07-23-17 06:52 PM
    Same issue here, I finally received the tempered glass (allready had some tiny scratches) and the three screen buttons became unresponsive. Allthough sometimes work fine. I have the one were the glass is black on the bottom. brand Calans 2.5D Will post foto of package with specss tonight.

Are yours also black at the bottom or clear?
    07-27-17 11:54 AM
    Strange, I have pulled it off and reseat it and it's much responsive now. Anyone tried that as well?
    07-27-17 02:52 PM
    Same issue here, with 2 different screen protectors. Would be nicer to not have these buttons covered.
    07-27-17 04:52 PM
    Maybe an idea to start a topic onder Keyone (not support) and post all protectors that do not work.
    07-28-17 04:27 AM
    my glass protector was perfect with no issues with the 3 buttons until the morning I downloaded the update. so in my case it's not the protector but something changed with the update.
    07-28-17 08:24 AM
    Interessting. Do you have a clear or black protector bottom above the screen butons?
    07-28-17 11:26 AM
    it is the protector in combination with the update. the sensitivity of the hardware buttons have been changed and some glass protectors will give issues with especially the back button
    07-28-17 11:49 AM
    Interessting. Do you have a clear or black protector bottom above the screen butons?
    Mine is black around the 3 buttons and all the way around the edge of the protector.
    07-29-17 03:18 PM
    I've ordered one of those but a member here reported issues with that one as well! Have you had any issues yet!?
    07-31-17 07:20 AM
    I really hope this will be fixed very soon. I'm about to switch to a normal screen protector. Is it possible to open app task screen with a different key combination or set the physical key at the right side to do this? Then the phone is less frustrating.
    07-31-17 05:53 PM
    I have installed back button app so that I have all three knobs available again at any place I like.
    08-03-17 02:33 PM
    Hello Blackberry, update AAN358 still did not fixed the responsive issue with tempered glass.
    We like to keep our phone screen in good condition so we need tempered glass. Please fix the issue.
    xxsashixx likes this.
    08-23-17 05:52 PM
    Tried 2 glass protectors one 'curved' and one flat one, Issues with both. The curved one had black plastic strip, all 3 buttons pretty much useless from the moment I applied it. The all clear flat one I have on now is better but the back button gives me a bit of grief. Had a thin plastic one on for a bit which worked perfectly.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    08-23-17 06:33 PM
    Still no fix. BlackBerry and TLC are so slow.
    09-04-17 12:10 PM
    Sep update hasn't fixed this yet, i'm intending to downgrade to AAK399
    09-11-17 05:11 AM
    Indeed still no change in AAO472. Why not???

I heard something about screens of first models beeing replaced because of responsive issues. Does that aso fix the tempered glass responsive of the 3 screen buttons?
    09-26-17 07:50 AM
    No news on this issue? Anyone with tempered glass and no issues?
    10-19-17 05:20 PM
    Where to submit this issue? since Blackberry/TLC are not reading here. Allmost half a year I need to use the back button app, which gives me back the 3 buttons at any place. I often have to move them around because they are in the way of screen functionality.

Is it really not possible to fix this issue?
    11-13-17 04:35 PM
    Where to submit this issue? since Blackberry/TLC are not reading here. Allmost half a year I need to use the back button app, which gives me back the 3 buttons at any place. I often have to move them around because they are in the way of screen functionality.

Is it really not possible to fix this issue?
    How about just using a film instead?
    11-13-17 05:01 PM
41 12