Hello everyone,

My fingerprint scanner had been working perfectly the past few months but today, placing my finger on the spacebar brings about zero response.

When I go to Options > Security, I don't see Fingerprint as an option. I believe it's supposed to be under Device Security. I've restarted my phone a couple of times but to no avail. Seems like a software issue to me but I haven't changed anything on my phone.

Any advice?
    12-30-17 11:59 PM
    Hello everyone,

My fingerprint scanner had been working perfectly the past few months but today, placing my finger on the spacebar brings about zero response.

When I go to Options > Security, I don't see Fingerprint as an option. I believe it's supposed to be under Device Security. I've restarted my phone a couple of times but to no avail. Seems like a software issue to me but I haven't changed anything on my phone.

Any advice?
    When you say you "restarted" did you do the 32 second reboot?

Restart/reboot method

Press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds ignoring any screen logos/etc and ignoring any vibrations or sounds. This is supposedly equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:

Priv Autoloaders:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1065667/

KeyOne Autoloaders:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...s-1108372-new/
    12-31-17 10:35 AM
    Hey FF22, thanks for the advice.

I tried the 32s reboot but that didn't fix things. I also restarted my phone in safe mode but the fingerprint option was still nowhere to be found (i.e. in Security or the DTEK application).

Question: I guess I can only reload the OS now? Does reloading the OS mean that I'll lose my settings or applications?

Thanks for the help, brother.
    01-02-18 11:33 AM
    Hey FF22, thanks for the advice.

I tried the 32s reboot but that didn't fix things. I also restarted my phone in safe mode but the fingerprint option was still nowhere to be found (i.e. in Security or the DTEK application).

Question: I guess I can only reload the OS now? Does reloading the OS mean that I'll lose my settings or applications?

Thanks for the help, brother.
    There are some Autoloaders that allow you to select to load the OS without WIPING but that may not fix the issue if it is an interaction with some app that's causing the problem. So you will lose some of that stuff. Using the same Google ID will reload some settings and your apps will reload. You probably will have to reestablish email and such.

Sorry for the delayed reply but I was out hiking this morning.
    01-02-18 03:48 PM
    Thanks again for yer help, bruv. I'll try this Autoloader business, and hopefully, that takes care of the issue.
    01-03-18 10:16 AM
    Hello everyone,

Any advice?
    Hi,

Did your problem got solved? because my phone is having the same issue now. i'm using KEYone Limited Edition, the fingerprint scanner (space bar) isn't recognizing anything and the Fingerprint Options in the Settings are completely Disappeared. Please help me if you know how to solve this issue.

Thank you in Advance,

Best,
    Shiva,
    04-13-19 01:53 AM
    Hi,

Did your problem got solved? because my phone is having the same issue now. i'm using KEYone Limited Edition, the fingerprint scanner (space bar) isn't recognizing anything and the Fingerprint Options in the Settings are completely Disappeared. Please help me if you know how to solve this issue.

Thank you in Advance,

Best,
    Shiva,
    Hey man, it didn't get solved through the suggestions here. Thanks to everyone again though! After contacting BB, they said that I'd have to send my device in to get it repaired.

I'd have done that but my KEYone was already outside the warranty period at that point. I'd have had to pay out of pocket to get it fixed.

I elected not to do that and grabbed a Pixel instead because the KEYone was by far the worst BB i had ever used in terms of build quality.
    04-13-19 06:00 AM