Blackberry KeyONE unlock for Verizon, Android 7.1.1 with build AAW377.

My previous phone was the Blackberry Z30 running BB10 on Verizon and I was able to use the internet while on the phone. With the KeyONE, this message is displayed "Cellular Data Not Available

Cellular data is not available while you're on this call. Apps like email, Internet and social networking will work if you connect to Wi-Fi."

Is there a work around for this or is this a limitation of the OS?

Thanks
    Mike
    04-17-18 08:08 AM

My previous phone was the Blackberry Z30 running BB10 on Verizon and I was able to use the internet while on the phone. With the KeyONE, this message is displayed "Cellular Data Not Available

Cellular data is not available while you're on this call. Apps like email, Internet and social networking will work if you connect to Wi-Fi."

Thanks
    Mike
    As mentioned, HD voice needs to be activated on Verizon.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...o-1111888-new/

Welcome to Crackberry.
    Usually this is controlled by your carrier. Are you getting a LTE signal? Or do you have a device from another country. Also it might help to turn on VoLTE (might be called HD Voice) and WiFi calling, in your call (or Phone) settings. Swipe down, select the settings gear, then go to the Call or Phone section.
    04-17-18 09:15 AM

Thanks
    Mike
    As mentioned, HD voice needs to be activated on Verizon.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...o-1111888-new/

Welcome to Crackberry.
    portplayer, pkcable and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-17-18 09:33 AM
    I do it all the time. Put the call on speaker, unlock the phone with your thumb, then tap the circle to get to the home screen. The active phonecall will be minimized on the screen as a green circle about 20 mm in diameter in the upper left corner.

From the home screen, open the browser and continue talking. If the green circle is in your way, tap and hold it, then move it.
    04-17-18 12:07 PM
    I do it all the time. Put the call on speaker, unlock the phone with your thumb, then tap the circle to get to the home screen. The active phonecall will be minimized on the screen as a green circle about 20 mm in diameter in the upper left corner.

From the home screen, open the browser and continue talking. If the green circle is in your way, tap and hold it, then move it.
    That's not the issue. The issue is that, when in a call, the phone has no data services unless it's on WiFi only. This limitation is controlled by the carrier, and must be enabled on the carrier-side by either enabling HD Voice services online or by calling the carrier directly.

Some carriers have this enabled by default for any device you use. Others require you to enable it for unlocked devices brought to their service, if they even support that unlocked device.
    04-17-18 01:41 PM
    That's not the issue. The issue is that, when in a call, the phone has no data services unless it's on WiFi only. This limitation is controlled by the carrier, and must be enabled on the carrier-side by either enabling HD Voice services online or by calling the carrier directly.

Some carriers have this enabled by default for any device you use. Others require you to enable it for unlocked devices brought to their service, if they even support that unlocked device.
    Yup. The limitation inherently is the carrier. Legacy CDMA carriers like verizon (and sprint) cannot surf the Web and be on a phone call at the same time.

With the advent of VoLTE calling (what verizon calls HD Voice); CDMA carriers like verizon can now offer their customers this workaround feature, activate HD calling/VoLTE on their devices, to be able to surf the web while on a call.

It's not a fix all approach though. I believe the other calling party ur trying to reach must have VoLTE enabled too, if not be on the same carrier.

For example one probably would not be able to call up the local best buy and search the website for the sku of a product ur seeking availability for, at the same time.
    04-17-18 07:52 PM
    Actually I take that last bit back. Come to think of it, Verizon arbitrarily has one phone now that it seems can surf the Web and call anyone at the same time.
    https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...phone-lg-exalt

Lol.
    Last edited by M-M-M; 04-17-18 at 08:07 PM.
    04-17-18 07:56 PM
    Wow. I guess there's a reason for our our astronomical mobile fees here in Canada. I've been with all 3 major carriers, and I've been able to talk and browse since BBOS7 with all of them.
    jakie55 likes this.
    04-18-18 09:19 AM
    Wow. I guess there's a reason for our our astronomical mobile fees here in Canada. I've been with all 3 major carriers, and I've been able to talk and browse since BBOS7 with all of them.
    Oh, on Verizon we can do it. We just have to jump through about a dozen hoops and pay them a fortune. See - simple!
    04-18-18 10:13 AM
    Oh, on Verizon we can do it. We just have to jump through about a dozen hoops and pay them a fortune. See - simple!
    Whereas with AT&T, it comes with the service.
    FF22 and portplayer like this.
    04-18-18 11:10 AM
    what are you talking about
    all my verizon phones support voice and data in the same time
    i don't have a key one and i will probably not going to get any further phones either from bb or tcl
    sprint doesn't allow voice and data in the same time but they had that before
    04-18-18 01:26 PM
    In order to activate HD calling, I had to go into some options in the phone buy typing in a code in the dialer (search the forums). There is a slider to turn it on. Verizon cannot manually turn it on for you since it is BYOD. But, you do need to have HD calling on your account first obviously.
    04-18-18 03:04 PM
    Whereas with AT&T, it comes with the service.
    Only if you purchased the device from AT&T will you get Enhanced LTE, like HD Voice and 4G data at the same time. If you brought your own device, (even one that AT&T supports) when you try and surf and talk at the same time, it will drop you back to 3G. It does work though, and most people don't even notice the difference.
    04-18-18 08:44 PM
    So stupid to not allow it. Can be potentially dangerous too. What the heck is the thought behind it?? Thankfully my device allows for sending E-mail through the Hub, Whats app etc., and surfing the web while on the phone. No need to be white-flagging by my carrier or use VoLTE/HD Voice/WiFi calling or however it is called. It works straight out of the box for me with H+.

Does the KEYone allow voice and data at the same time?-2018-04-19_111315.jpg
    04-19-18 04:25 AM

Thank-you so very much. Contacted Verizon and had HD Voice Services turned on, now I'm able to make calls while using the Internet. Mike
    FF22 and psychofox13 like this.
    04-19-18 06:21 AM
    Thanks to all, problem solved. Contacted Verizon and had HD Voice Services turned on, now I'm able to make calls while using the Internet. Mike
    FF22 and psychofox13 like this.
    04-19-18 06:33 AM
    Thanks to all, problem solved. Contacted Verizon and had HD Voice Services turned on, now I'm able to make calls while using the Internet. Mike
    Verizon can be a pain but also can come through. Phones sold UNlocked. No codes needed.
    04-19-18 08:46 AM
    Phones sold UNlocked.
    You can thank Google for that, it's not done because Verizon wants to.
    04-19-18 04:35 PM
    Yes and no. It's not VoLTE though, because they don't support it on a BlackBerry device. Data will work when on a call but it will drop to 3G.
    04-19-18 05:10 PM
    You can thank Google for that, it's not done because Verizon wants to.
    Maybe but prior BB models including the Priv, the Z30, Z10 and earlier were also sold UNlocked. Even back as far as my 8830
    World Edition, with at least 6 months of paid up bills, you could get Verizon phones UNlocked at no cost.
    04-19-18 05:56 PM
    Maybe but prior BB models including the Priv, the Z30, Z10 and earlier were also sold UNlocked. Even back as far as my 8830
    World Edition, with at least 6 months of paid up bills, you could get Verizon phones UNlocked at no cost.
    Wasn't aware it went that far back. The Google deal codified it though.
    The more I think about it, the Google deal could have only codified that Verizon had to accept unlocked phones on their network? It's been a while. I'm not going to research it tonight.
    04-19-18 09:39 PM