Debating on switching from priv to key1... read about some issues, wanted your folks feedback on...
    First issue was screen popping off...is that still an issue ?
    Next is poor reception ( or maybe it's average and the priv is exceptional)... anyways, I live in a rural area and most of time get 2 bars and sometimes get 3.... So getting a phone with potential poor reception would be a concern...

Thanks
    12-29-17 06:27 PM
    Screen: In about July or so TCL remembered to glue the screens on, so later production runs have fixed this.
    Reception: This one hasn't been fixed, as far as I know. Maybe someone who's tried out a KEYone in IA (I'm guessing that's where you are) can chime in.
    12-29-17 06:35 PM
    thanks for feedback...yes I am in iowa
    12-29-17 06:52 PM
    If you put a case on the KeyOne, that certainly helps eliminate the reception problem.
    12-30-17 09:18 AM
    Debating on switching from priv to key1... read about some issues, wanted your folks feedback on...
    First issue was screen popping off...is that still an issue ?
    Next is poor reception ( or maybe it's average and the priv is exceptional)... anyways, I live in a rural area and most of time get 2 bars and sometimes get 3.... So getting a phone with potential poor reception would be a concern...

Thanks
    What carrier? I am using the unlocked CDMA on Verizon, and my reception is just as good as my Verizon branded Q10.
    12-30-17 09:30 AM
    verizon.....worst case I could buy it and if it drops calls return it within the window.....just be out the a activation fees.
    12-30-17 06:15 PM
    the screen pop off issues seem to be passed. I had mine pop off and got a replacement unit.

can't speak to reception in a rural area as I live in Toronto. However have travelled to many small towns in N/E US and have never had a problem with reception.
    12-30-17 06:19 PM
    I will keep that in mind.....but I prefer using a belt clip holster and they are usually are very snug fitting , that having a case on would make it not fit holster..... ..maybe someone makes an oversized holster hat would case on ?
    12-30-17 08:04 PM
    I live in a mountainous rural area with coverage so bad AT&T is only usable in town and VZW is pretty much the only reliable signal. That being said, I have an unlocked CDMA K1 on VZW . When I bought the K1 I was actually assuming I would be returning it based on the comments on reception I read here, but I was surprised to experience the same or better reception than I had with the PRIV and Z30. Based on these forums and a couple of others I visited I believe the majority of reception issues are associated with GSM phones, not CDMA. FWIW I use a very tight fitting Seidio case in a swivel holster with no apparent degradation of reception.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-05-18 04:18 PM
    Also, as to holsters, I also put a Rinke Fusion on my K1 which will then slip into my PRIV OEM swivel holster. Works great with still a little drop protection when out of the holster. I use it when I need something not so "industrial tech" looking or bulky as the Seidio dual case and clip holster combo.
    01-07-18 05:35 PM