Got a new computer Windows 10. Trying to link to BB Classic Release 10.3.3.2137 through BB Link somehow went wrong and even though put in password, didn't recognise and so after 10 attempts, mobile returned to factory settings. Managed to import Contacts and Diary from old computer so no data lost. (oddly some pictures deleted but some still there!) But now trying to set up mobile to back as it was before (big sigh). But cannot see my apps previously installed. eg Google Chrome, Google Sky Map. Tried to download again but told that these are already installed. Can't see where so can't deinstall or use. Very frustrated bunny!
    07-04-19 04:15 AM
    Got a new computer Windows 10. Trying to link to BB Classic Release 10.3.3.2137 through BB Link somehow went wrong and even though put in password, didn't recognise and so after 10 attempts, mobile returned to factory settings. Managed to import Contacts and Diary from old computer so no data lost. (oddly some pictures deleted but some still there!) But now trying to set up mobile to back as it was before (big sigh). But cannot see my apps previously installed. eg Google Chrome, Google Sky Map. Tried to download again but told that these are already installed. Can't see where so can't deinstall or use. Very frustrated bunny!
    So a security wipe actually occurred on your device? If so, everything would be deleted except for the contents of your SD card.

Did you attempt a restore using a previous backup? Or are you setting it up from scratch?
    07-04-19 05:47 AM
    I restored contacts and calendar using BB Link from my old computer. I don't understand why some pictures remained and some were lost! The mobile settings have all gone squiffy (ie not the sounds for Text as before etc). I am trying to resend myself a couple of files I want to keep on the mobile which were lost but can't seem to receive attachments now. I hope that answers your question. My bunny is definitely losing its bounce.
    07-04-19 05:57 AM
    I restored contacts and calendar using BB Link from my old computer. I don't understand why some pictures remained and some were lost! The mobile settings have all gone squiffy (ie not the sounds for Text as before etc). I am trying to resend myself a couple of files I want to keep on the mobile which were lost but can't seem to receive attachments now. I hope that answers your question. My bunny is definitely losing its bounce.
    Best thing would be to security wipe the phone again and start from scratch without a restore.

Your old backup contains some older pictures - that's why you got only some back.
    07-04-19 07:05 AM
    Oh dear. Thank you for that advice. But I have just spent several hours trying to get it back to where it was before! Please can I just check on what you mean by "restore" in case that is where I have gone wrong. When it "wiped itself" after the ten password failure, it then started again presumably going back to factory setup. I only imported contacts and calendar via BB Link I believe.
    07-04-19 07:24 AM
    Oh dear. Thank you for that advice. But I have just spent several hours trying to get it back to where it was before! Please can I just check on what you mean by "restore" in case that is where I have gone wrong. When it "wiped itself" after the ten password failure, it then started again presumably going back to factory setup. I only imported contacts and calendar via BB Link I believe.
    You must have restored more than that if some of your pictures came back. Your Android Runtime Environment seems corrupted too.
    07-04-19 07:42 AM
    Thak you Conite. It is of course possible that BB Link did more than asked. I am not an expert just a simple user. Could you please explain what you mean by "Android Runtime Environment" ? I don't understand that terminology. And what if anything I can or should do about it.
    07-04-19 07:47 AM
    Thak you Conite. It is of course possible that BB Link did more than asked. I am not an expert just a simple user. Could you please explain what you mean by "Android Runtime Environment" ? I don't understand that terminology. And what if anything I can or should do about it.
    There isn't really anything you can do about it, save a clean install of the OS.

I believe you have a corrupted backup, and it is best to avoid Link at all costs.
    07-04-19 08:43 AM
    Thank you for your help. If I don't use BB Link, how will I re-populate contacts and calendar please?
    07-04-19 08:48 AM
    Thank you for your help. If I don't use BB Link, how will I re-populate contacts and calendar please?
    Sync them to the cloud before you wipe. You should be doing this anyway.
    07-04-19 10:17 AM
    Thank you for your patience. I don't know how to sync to the Cloud. I think I will buy a Samsung. Thank you again for your help. Best wishes.
    07-04-19 10:22 AM