Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
12-11-18 02:40 AM
46 12
tools
    I give up. Putting it up for sale on CB Marketplace and Swappa.

Enough is enough.
    cmykink likes this.
    07-08-17 07:38 PM
    Same here! Just started happening yesterday and can't fix it
    07-10-17 03:30 AM
    Just made the return window for Amazon. So "Free at last, free at last - Thank God Almighty, I am free at last!"
    07-10-17 06:45 PM
    UPDATE ....
    So, after scouring the internet , spending about 8 hours with MS tech support, several resets etc nothing worked. I decided one more time to do the following:
    1. factory reset
    2. logged into my office 365 admin page, selected ALL the shared calendars and changed /updated the passwords.
    3. on Key1 , entered all account info, server info etc.

IT WORKED !!!!! Finally i have all calendars working and emails!
    saying this I now have other issues with my key1:
    1. phone freezes 2-3 times/day
    2. slower performance even though I don't leave apps open and not a lot installed on my device
    3. call quality is bad, may clients say that can;t hear me or broken up. This is with VoLTE and and off on rogers.

while all this was going on i got hold of a samsung S8+. I know its a flagship device but it was nice to have the speed, stability , call quality and the fact that IT JUST WORKED !

I called BB support and they are sending me a new device in the next few days, also I;m just downloading the rogers update that will hopefully FIX these issues (which a significant). If it doesn't change I will either go back to my dtek50 (bad battery life, slow) or but the samsung S8+.
    07-17-17 07:43 AM
    I did not have this problem until today. Am now forced to use the Gmail app to retrieve my office 365 account emails.
    01-11-18 08:30 AM
    hi there! I have a corporate Office 365 account and cannot set up a profile in the Hub.

So I asked BB support if there is a problem:

"Dear BB support team!

I really like your hub and hub services.

The one missing key function is, that I cannot add my corporate office365 account into the hub.

It always gives me the error of not being able to authenticate. This is so because the hub does not display the corporate login window. This is usually a website in which I can input my username and password. Similar to the Gmail login page which is displayed when creating a gmail-hub account.

If you like, and I hope so, I can provide you screenshots form the failure and the login URL of my company.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards"

the answer was this statement:

"We are investigating support for Microsoft’s new authentication methods. We’re hoping to support them in the first half of 2018."

I'm waiting
    01-13-18 04:23 AM
    hi there! I have a corporate Office 365 account and cannot set up a profile in the Hub.

So I asked BB support if there is a problem:

"Dear BB support team!

I really like your hub and hub services.

The one missing key function is, that I cannot add my corporate office365 account into the hub.

It always gives me the error of not being able to authenticate. This is so because the hub does not display the corporate login window. This is usually a website in which I can input my username and password. Similar to the Gmail login page which is displayed when creating a gmail-hub account.

If you like, and I hope so, I can provide you screenshots form the failure and the login URL of my company.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards"

the answer was this statement:

"We are investigating support for Microsoft’s new authentication methods. We’re hoping to support them in the first half of 2018."

I'm waiting
    Are you able to login through Outlook App? I have Office 365 through GoDaddy for my small business domain and have access with Hub and/or the Outlook app.
    01-13-18 06:53 AM
    I have to use the MS Outlook app. Which is in principle OK, but I'd like to have all calendars (private and business) in one app. So far I always have to check two apps...
    I have an O365 account through the company I work for (>100k employees), so I guess it is not 'small' business...
    As written in the mail, Hub needs to forward account login to the corporate login page. Almost the same as you would install a Google account; you get forwarded to a website to authenticate with your credentials.
    01-13-18 07:00 AM
    I have to use the MS Outlook app. Which is in principle OK, but I'd like to have all calendars (private and business) in one app. So far I always have to check two apps...
    I have an O365 account through the company I work for (>100k employees), so I guess it is not 'small' business...
    As written in the mail, Hub needs to forward account login to the corporate login page. Almost the same as you would install a Google account; you get forwarded to a website to authenticate with your credentials.
    Sorry, just offering my experience. If me, I would contact your IT help desk. That's what they're for in this situation. I'm sure it's similar to standard Android device email setup.

Don't mention BB, just say it's Android. When you say BB, as you know, IT thinks BBOS and BB10.
    01-13-18 07:03 AM
    Yes, yes! I didn't understand you wrongly. As well thank you for your help. I already had contact with IS/IT. No help at all. Or they refuse to lower security settings. I count on BB Hub / service update since BB itself said, that they do not fully support all O365 login mechanisms.
    Last edited by skyzem; 01-14-18 at 04:58 AM.
    01-14-18 04:46 AM
    Yes, yes! I didn't understand you wrongly. As well thank you for your help. I already had contact with IS/IT. No help at all. Or they refuse to lower security settings. I count on BB Hub / service update since BB itself said, that they do not fully support all O365 login mechanisms.
    Well then unfortunately per your original post, you're waiting on BB.
    01-14-18 05:05 AM
    I have a Priv. This is a giant pain in the ***. I'm having to use the outlook app for work. Is this what people without the Hub have always had to deal with? The biggest problem is the calendar. I now only have personal accounts on the calendar app. FML.
    01-31-18 03:13 PM
    Sorry if you've already done this, but have you received the proper server/port settings from your IT team and gone through the manual/advanced set up process?

If you have, then nevermind, but if it's just the auto discover that hasn't work, I would definitely go through the setup manually.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-31-18 06:48 PM
    Yes. I tried that. IT put out a memo saying there's nothing they can do about it. It's a Microsoft thing. Maybe I could ask them to remove MFA. I doubt they can/will. They're useless.
    01-31-18 07:10 PM
    Yes. I tried that. IT put out a memo saying there's nothing they can do about it. It's a Microsoft thing. Maybe I could ask them to remove MFA. I doubt they can/will. They're useless.
    In a different thread, someone posted that BB is aware of the problem. This I believe was for the hub itself.

Can you use the Outlook App?
    01-31-18 07:43 PM
    In a different thread, someone posted that BB is aware of the problem. This I believe was for the hub itself.

Can you use the Outlook App?
    I am the admin for my personal O365 E3 account. I haven't had any problems at all with the Hub integration. I'm really curious to know the root cause of this behavior, as it's something I should easily be able to replicate.
    02-01-18 10:50 AM
    It's smart of companies to force authentication through their own domain, but I don't understand why the Hub would struggle with that. Have you tried authentication while on secure WiFi at work or on a company VPN?
    02-01-18 10:54 AM
    Here is the relevant documentation. If the company is using MFA, users should be able to create and use an "app password" for the Hub.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...e-2c48e41621c6
    02-01-18 10:58 AM
    02-01-18 10:59 AM
    I am the admin for my personal O365 E3 account. I haven't had any problems at all with the Hub integration. I'm really curious to know the root cause of this behavior, as it's something I should easily be able to replicate.
    I'm the same. I believe this was in large enterprise situation.
    02-01-18 11:02 AM
    I had this problem also and after trying many many different things, I tested changing my password to something that does not have æøå in it. And then everything was ok!!

Just wanted to write it here since this is the top thread when I searched for the problem.

PS: I have a Key2 and it rocks!! Best phone I have had in over 10 years (since my Nokia n82).
    12-11-18 02:40 AM
46 12