Have a lot of problems with sending and receiving text messages.
    I received texts , and I can see them visible on the Blackberry Hub but cannot see them on the Messages app however on messages for web... I can see them... I've factory reset three times...
    getting more and more fed up and ready to throw it at a wall and go to some other phone...

Is anyone else experiencing the same symptoms or anything????
    10-31-18 12:21 PM
    If you can see them in Hub, and on Messages for Web, then it seems Messages app itself is the issue and that's a Google app. Easier to switch to something like Textra which integrates with the Hub anyway for text messages than getting all angry at it.

Plus, if it is an issue with Messages, it could also be a bug on a different device as well. Try downloading an older version or one of the newer versions on APKMirror and see if that fixes it if you insist on using Messages.

Looking at the newest reviews on Google Play for it, lots of folks having issues with the most recent version.

BUG??? - Messages appear on HUB but not on Messages Android APP-screen-shot-2018-10-31-3.04.04-pm.png
    10-31-18 01:00 PM
    If i use Textra how does it integrate into hub? I don't see that option anywhere.
    Please let me know thanks!
    10-31-18 01:24 PM
    If i use Textra how does it integrate into hub? I don't see that option anywhere.
    Please let me know thanks!
    It just does. Yaata works well with the hub too.
    10-31-18 01:35 PM
    Personally, I prefer Yaata though lots also like Textra as well. The beauty of Android.

Whichever you choose when you first open it you will get a notice to make it the default TXTing application. Once that is done you can disable Messages in the App menu.

All three Automatically show TXT in the hub because they all use Androids underlying TXT infrastructure. They just interact better with the HUB.
    11-01-18 04:28 AM
    Actually the Hub works with the SMS text message database.
    Messages in the Hub I simply showing as "text messages" regardless of the actual app used to commonly read those messages.
    I don't think Yaata shows up in the Hub as such. But the hubs text messages will open the default text messenger in your case Yaata.

I use Textra and can confirm it does not show in the Hub. But when I click on a text message in hub it will open in Textra, since this is my default SMS text messenger.
    11-01-18 04:48 AM
    Actually the Hub works with the SMS text message database.
    Messages in the Hub I simply showing as "text messages" regardless of the actual app used to commonly read those messages.
    I don't think Yaata shows up in the Hub as such. But the hubs text messages will open the default text messenger in your case Yaata.

I use Textra and can confirm it does not show in the Hub. But when I click on a text message in hub it will open in Textra, since this is my default SMS text messenger.
    By "working well" , I mean you can back out of the text app and return to the HUB. The Yaata developer specifically included that feature to better work with the HUB.
    11-01-18 07:05 AM
    By "working well" , I mean you can back out of the text app and return to the HUB. The Yaata developer specifically included that feature to better work with the HUB.
    And that would seem to be the behaviour of hub with any sms text message application. At least in the several that I have tried.
    11-01-18 07:09 AM
    And that would seem to be the behaviour of hub with any sms text message application. At least in the several that I have tried.
    But it's not. It has to be specifically coded to work that way - contrary in fact to Android guidelines.
    Last edited by conite; 11-01-18 at 09:41 AM.
    11-01-18 07:13 AM
    I am actually loving the speed of textra. And so many Text messages I missed due to the bug that Messages from Google has created. I actually removed Messages from the home screen and replaced textra as the default... Seems to be working very well.
    11-01-18 09:30 AM