Huawei has it. They call it: "App twin"
    Xiaomi has it. They call it: "Dual apps"
    Vivo has it. They call it: "App clone"
    Oppo has it. They call it: "Clone app"

More information here: https://gadgets.ndtv.com/social-netw...iphone-1753466

So why does a less "obscure" company like BlackBerry/TCL does not include their own app clone feature on their Dual SIM phones? I don't see anything on the Indian KeyOne. Not under the SIM cards manager. Not anywhere.

A native solution always wins and I prefer not to resort to third party apps, but what solution do you guys use and does it work perfectly?

It would only be logical if TCL/BlackBerry would bring their own clone app with one of the next patches or with Oreo. Frankly, it should have been there from day one. Could somebody of BlackBerry/TCL reading this message also send this request forward to Optiemus India (just in case they are not reading here themselves)?

BlackBerry Dual SIM phones don't have their own built in dual clone feature?!-dual_apps_settings_1505998100035.jpg

BlackBerry Dual SIM phones don't have their own built in dual clone feature?!-two_whatsapp_1505997943334.jpg
    Last edited by WT44; 06-12-18 at 04:05 PM.
    06-09-18 03:00 PM
    It would only be logical if TCL/BlackBerry would bring their own clone app with one of the next patches or with Oreo. Frankly, it should have been there from day one. Could somebody of BlackBerry/TCL reading this message also send this request forward to Optiemus India (just in case they are not reading here themselves)?
    If one digs deep enough into the Launcher APK there are mentions of app cloning, although which devices it will activate on is a mystery; either all BB devices come Oreo, or reserved for the KEY2.

FWIW my single-SIM Samsung Galaxy S8+ can clone some apps, just messaging ones.
    06-09-18 04:36 PM
    I've been buying dual Sim BBs because I want the calls and texts for both of my lines to come into a single phone. Is this app cloning ability something that let's you have two instances of the same app so that you can log in with different credentials? I.e. personal and business FB account.

Would you really need a dual Sim phone for that? Per thurask, his S8+ can do it for messaging apps.
    06-09-18 05:20 PM
    I've been buying dual Sim BBs because I want the calls and texts for both of my lines to come into a single phone. Is this app cloning ability something that let's you have two instances of the same app so that you can log in with different credentials? I.e. personal and business FB account.

Would you really need a dual Sim phone for that? Per thurask, his S8+ can do it for messaging apps.
    Even then, some messaging apps already have multiple account support, like Telegram.
    06-09-18 06:45 PM
    I agree!!

I use "Multiple Accounts" on my Motion (two sims) but it is slow and frustrating at times. Having a native clone would be an obvious feature surely!?

Huawei has it. They call it: "App twin"
    Xiaomi hast it. They call it: "Dual apps"
    Vivo has it. They call it: "App clone"
    Oppo has it. They call it: "Clone app"

So why does a less "obscure" company like BlackBerry/TCL does not include their own app clone feature on their Dual SIM phones?! I don't see anything on the Indian KeyOne. Not under the SIM cards manager. Not anywhere.

A native solution always wins and I prefer not to resort to third party apps, but what solution do you guys use and does it work perfectly?

06-12-18 02:25 PM