Well this has never happened before!

I have used BBM on many different BlackBerrys over the years and on Android tablets and devices.

Yet, my with my new BB Keyone all I get is "temporary server error" , .....despite clearing caches, deleting data, uninstalling and reverting to factory edition and then then re-updating, trying on WIFI, trying on 4G data, trying on various hotspots..... etc., etc., etc....

nothing works!?

thankfully ICQ functions perfectly.

Anyone having a similar issue with BBM and Keyone?
    02-10-18 01:57 PM
    Well this has never happened before!

I have used BBM on many different BlackBerrys over the years and on Android tablets and devices.

Yet, my with my new BB Keyone all I get is "temporary server error" , .....despite clearing caches, deleting data, uninstalling and reverting to factory edition and then then re-updating, trying on WIFI, trying on 4G data, trying on various hotspots..... etc., etc., etc....

nothing works!?

thankfully ICQ functions perfectly.

Anyone having a similar issue with BBM and Keyone?
    Are you attempting to use an old BBID? Try creating a new BBID.
    02-10-18 02:46 PM
    Are you attempting to use an old BBID? Try creating a new BBID.
    I'm using a BB ID that worked up until 7 days ago on my BB10 Classic and still works on my Lenovo tablet, but will not work on my new Keyone.

Now it seems obvious, well to me at least, where the problem is.

......and why create a new ID when I've had this one since around 2007?

the problem lies not with the ID.
    02-10-18 02:52 PM
    I'm using a BB ID that worked up until 7 days ago on my BB10 Classic and still works on my Lenovo tablet, but will not work on my new Keyone.

Now it seems obvious, well to me at least, where the problem is.

......and why create a new ID when I've had this one since around 2007?

the problem lies not with the ID.
    The problem is the ID. BBM on BB10 is still BB LTD. BBM on Android/IOS/WP is by Emtek.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-10-18 02:54 PM
    I recently had this problem. you'll have to create a new BBM id and readd your contacts. you can add them using your old phone and the camera and QR code, I found the easiest way to do it.
    FF22 and Mecca EL like this.
    02-10-18 03:08 PM
    The problem is the ID. BBM on BB10 is still BB LTD. BBM on Android/IOS/WP is by Emtek.
    my Lenovo tablet is android ......my "old" ID works fine.
    02-10-18 06:57 PM
    my Lenovo tablet is android ......my "old" ID works fine.
    The same ID cannot exist on BB and Emtek. You mentioned that it's on BB10 device and Android device. Are you logged into different Android device?
    02-10-18 07:59 PM
    In summary, the rules were changed a bit ago. There is probably a blog entry here on Crackberry about it. You will need a new bbid for this newest device.
    02-11-18 12:40 AM
    Hi Jmzed,

Basically BlackBerry has split BBM into 3 'streams'. Older phones like BB10 ones and Enterprise customers have gone onto 2 systems supported by them. Newer phones like Keyone are being managed by a 3rd party on their behalf tasked with rolling out new functionailty.

The changes mean they are separate systems (or are about the be on different servers/platforms) so you can only swap certain ways round and still work. See this article for an explanation and then look at the FAQ for the best way to work given your situation:

https://rapidmobile.biz/news/blackbe...bm-enterprise/

Sorry it is a bit complicated but hopefully in the long run we will get lots of new features to use.
    02-12-18 07:27 PM