I really like the HUB and I'm trying to use it exclusively for all my email account and social media. I've done that BUT

1) I'm getting Spam emails that go into my Social or Promotions inboxes on Gmail. Is there anyway of filtering spam like that in the HUB?

2) I found that when I eliminated GMAIL from the Keyone I couldn't set up the google calendar for my main googlemail account, even though it's on the HUB. and I have another googlemail account for Microsoft. When I eliminate this one it doesn't allow me to do Microsoft tasks. Is it possible to have just the HUB?

So, right now I've got two sets of emails coming into the phone, which means I'm having to eliminate emails all the time.

Thanks for any help.
    11-07-17 06:36 AM
    I really like the HUB and I'm trying to use it exclusively for all my email account and social media. I've done that BUT

1) I'm getting Spam emails that go into my Social or Promotions inboxes on Gmail. Is there anyway of filtering spam like that in the HUB?

2) I found that when I eliminated GMAIL from the Keyone I couldn't set up the google calendar for my main googlemail account, even though it's on the HUB. and I have another googlemail account for Microsoft. When I eliminate this one it doesn't allow me to do Microsoft tasks. Is it possible to have just the HUB?

So, right now I've got two sets of emails coming into the phone, which means I'm having to eliminate emails all the time.

Thanks for any help.
    This might not be a permanent solution, but you could let the Gmail app be on your phone and turn off Notifications for the Gmail app.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-17 07:24 AM
    This might not be a permanent solution, but you could let the Gmail app be on your phone and turn off Notifications for the Gmail app.

Posted via CB10
    interesting...
    11-07-17 07:33 AM

Thanks for any help.
    Doesn't Gmail filter out spam? Well, they seem to filter out most of the junk when visit the account via the web and that does not reach my phone.

I am not sure if you can change or add sync features after you've set up the gmail account in the Hub. You might have to remove it and then re-establish it so that the sync options for contacts/calendar show up. I know that in the Hub my primary gmail account DOES sync contacts/calendar.

I don't know about the MS tasks.
    11-07-17 09:10 AM

Thanks for any help.
    In my gmail account, I've turned off the social and promotions. Everything just goes to my inbox and the spam filters seem to do a fine job that way. I've also done same thing to my outlook 365 accounts. I turn off the conversation setting as well in outlook, not an option within gmail I've ever found.
    11-07-17 09:38 AM
    In my gmail account, I've turned off the social and promotions. Everything just goes to my inbox and the spam filters seem to do a fine job that way. I've also done same thing to my outlook 365 accounts. I turn off the conversation setting as well in outlook, not an option within gmail I've ever found.
    He probably doesn't want everything to come to his inbox.
    Gmail has some seriously awesome labelling. Unfortunately the HUB doesn't yet support it otherwise it would be pretty kickass.
    I remember reading this is the very reason CBK doesn't use the HUB.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-17 09:43 AM
    He probably doesn't want everything to come to his inbox.
    Gmail has some seriously awesome labelling. Unfortunately the HUB doesn't yet support it otherwise it would be pretty kickass.
    I remember reading this is the very reason CBK doesn't use the HUB.

Posted via CB10
    For me the hub is great with Outlook 365, gmail is not so much and a reason I've killed the folders.... I've used the gmail app for gmail and deleted the gmail accounts from the hub too.. Depends on preferences, I guess.
    11-07-17 09:51 AM
    I love the Hub for the all in one and how different inboxes can be set up. It's just annoying how all the emails I've subscribed to keep turning up there. I'm unsubscribing all the time.
    I use Gmail with my name @company.es and not through outlook. Also don't have office 365 on my phone. Just the office apps for smartphone.
    So. To sum up, there's no "easy" solution, as there's no spam filter on the hub?
    11-07-17 03:31 PM
    I love the Hub for the all in one and how different inboxes can be set up. It's just annoying how all the emails I've subscribed to keep turning up there. I'm unsubscribing all the time.
    I use Gmail with my name @company.es and not through outlook. Also don't have office 365 on my phone. Just the office apps for smartphone.
    So. To sum up, there's no "easy" solution, as there's no spam filter on the hub?
    Why would you expect a spam filter on the Hub? The filter is with your email provider - the Hub just brings your inbox (and other folders you choose to sync) to your phone. Teach Gmail and Outlook what you consider to be spam by filing spam messages to the spam or junk folders instead of simply deleting them. Eventually the messages will be filed automatically.
    11-12-17 07:59 AM
    Why wouldn't the hub have a filter setting? My Gmail accounts have the usual Promotions and Social folders that work 99% of the time and keep the inbox spam free. However, emails going into those spam filters leak into the Hub. I've deleted loads of subscriptions but I don't think that is the answer.
    Any tips?
    11-12-17 08:23 AM
    Why wouldn't the hub have a filter setting? My Gmail accounts have the usual Promotions and Social folders that work 99% of the time and keep the inbox spam free. However, emails going into those spam filters leak into the Hub. I've deleted loads of subscriptions but I don't think that is the answer.
    Any tips?
    Don't delete the spam emails, move them to the Spam (or Junk) folder first. That's how your email provider learns what you consider spam. It's not the Hub's job to filter your email, but anything you move in the Hub will be moved on the server.

Also go into your Gmail/Outlook settings (on the computer, not your phone) and set up the filter sensitivity for spam. You will have to see how each setting works - if the filter strength is too low, some spam will get through; if it's too high, some real emails will be put in the spam folder.

But they do learn. The important thing is to move the email to the correct folder.
    11-12-17 01:35 PM
    I think the problem is that Gmail's built in email filters that segregate different kinds of messages. Is really specific to Gmail and doesn't work in most email clients, including the Hub. If you like the way Gmail handles email your choices are

1) Set up additional automated filters and folders in Gmail that file away emails you don't want to see in the Hub without hitting the Hub Inbox

...or

2) Use the Gmail app for your Gmail account instead of the Hub.

Personally, I find Gmail's approach inconvenient because it causes me to miss important newsletters and other commercial mail that gets segregated automatically, So I prefer the Hub which let's me see all my non spam messages. If someone spams me, In then have custom filters available to skip the inbox in Google. I will only see those messages if I search for them, however.

I read 99.9% of all my email on my phone, so anything that skips the Inbox will likely never get read at all.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    11-12-17 02:09 PM
    Thanks for the long reply. I was trying to say that the Gmail filters already work great. So, nothing more I can do then.
    11-12-17 03:42 PM

Thanks for any help.
    Hi,
    Go into Settings for the device
    Scroll down to accounts
    Google
    Turn off sync for gmail app.

Hub should be the only thing controlling it once this is done.

as for the spam... you need to unsubscribe from the junk AND/OR apply a filter on gmail (using a desktop) and make sure you don't sync the spam folder in your hub settings
    Attachment 431463A BB Hub expert please for a couple of questions-21591.jpg
    mrsimon likes this.
    11-14-17 04:21 PM
    Hi,
    Go into Settings for the device
    Scroll down to accounts
    Google
    Turn off sync for gmail app.

Hub should be the only thing controlling it once this is done.

as for the spam... you need to unsubscribe from the junk AND/OR apply a filter on gmail (using a desktop) and make sure you don't sync the spam folder in your hub settings
    Attachment 431463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21591.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	431464
    Great reply!
    If I unsync my google accounts, will I still be able to duplicate events on my calendar. That is because it is linked to one of the google gmail accounts?
    Thanks
    11-15-17 02:46 AM
    Great reply!
    If I unsync my google accounts, will I still be able to duplicate events on my calendar. That is because it is linked to one of the google gmail accounts?
    Thanks
    My suggestion is to ONLY un-sync the Gmail...
    Just a suggestion... so do as you see fit.
    I've chosen to only disable the gmail syncing but leave every other aspect to sync..

what I HAVE DONE is turn off notifications inside google calendar app (because I downloaded it as well). I prefer the extra colour options and also the MAP functionality from Google Calendar

so as you can see, I have 2 cals installed
    A BB Hub expert please for a couple of questions-21720.jpg

I disable all notifications from google cal
    but keep all notifications on with BlackBerry cal

but, I put all my entries in the google cal, just because of the extra colour options and map feature (it connects to google maps and can show the relative map address if needed)...

call me picky lol!!!
    11-15-17 05:28 AM