Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi my name is Marie and I'm addicted to my Classic. However, it seems that when temps warm up outside, it slows and even sometimes locks up in its older age.... coincidence?

I'm not excited about getting rid of it. My other work phone is an I phone and I'm not in love with the lack of keyboard - (read I hate not having one) - but I needed something for my drone and was unfamiliar with android security - still am.

Is my Classic slowly telling me it's time to pull the plug? And if so, who can tell me how BB's security is still top notch if it's using Android software?

Thanks!

Thank you!
    Last edited by edensgardener; 06-28-19 at 08:07 PM.
    06-28-19 05:18 PM
    Hi my name is Marie and I'm addicted to my Classic. However, it seems that when temps warm up outside, it slows and even sometimes locks up in its older age.... coincidence?

I'm not excited about getting rid of it. My other work phone is an I phone and I'm not in love with the lack of keyboard - (read I hate not having one) - but I needed something for my drone and was unfamiliar with android security - still am.

Is my Classic slowly telling me it's time to pull the plug? And if so, who can tell me how BB's security is still top notch if it's using Android software?

Thanks!
    If your Classic only heats up and causes problems when the ambient temperature is high (all else being equal), then yes, it sounds like a hardware failure (a dissipated heat sync somewhere in there).

You could always find a deal on a used Classic online, or make the inevitable jump to another platform.

The KEY² and KEY² LE are great BlackBerry-branded Android devices - both with physical keyboards, and with plenty of security features built-in. You should not have any issues moving forward - apart from the short learning curve of using a new OS.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-28-19 05:43 PM
    ok, thank you! It has grown tiresome not being able to upload pics or do a back up, so perhaps it is time to start saving up for a new key. I just can't believe how expensive "phones" have become - mini computers, really now, like it or not. lol
    06-28-19 08:09 PM
    ok, thank you! It has grown tiresome not being able to upload pics or do a back up, so perhaps it is time to start saving up for a new key. I just can't believe how expensive "phones" have become - mini computers, really now, like it or not. lol
    The KEY2 LE is $389 on Amazon.com. Not too bad really.
    edensgardener likes this.
    06-28-19 08:15 PM