Now that the saving auto capitalization always ON issue has been squashed by the development team it's time for the %b=backspace feature to show up.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if all the other old BBOS word substitution macros were also included. Below is a list in case it isn't documented (I'm kidding about that of course).

* Short Date (%d)
    * Long Date (%D)
    * Short Time (%t)
    * Long Time(%T)
    * Owner Name (%o)
    * Owner Info (%O)
    * Phone Number (%p)
    * Handheld Pin (%P)
    * Backspace (%b)
    * Delete (%B)

You know we are never satisfied with what we have, we always want more goodness from BlackBerry for our KEYᵒⁿᵉ smart phones.
    Last edited by danp2000; 04-15-18 at 11:53 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-15-18 11:43 AM
    Now that the saving auto capitalization always ON issue has been squashed by the development team it's time for the %b=backspace feature to show up.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if all the other old BBOS word substitution macros were also included. Below is a list in case it isn't documented (I'm kidding about that of course).

* Short Date (%d)
    * Long Date (%D)
    * Short Time (%t)
    * Long Time(%T)
    * Owner Name (%o)
    * Owner Info (%O)
    * Phone Number (%p)
    * Handheld Pin (%P)
    * Backspace (%b)
    * Delete (%B)

You know we are never satisfied with what we have, we always want more goodness from BlackBerry for our KEYᵒⁿᵉ smart phones.
    @Liam

Great post.
    lippoe sokan likes this.
    04-15-18 01:17 PM
    when I start typing in CB, it doesn't auto capitalize the word. see? in some other apps, I suppose it's fine. yup, perfectly fine in Twitter and inside of the Hub

KEYᵒⁿᵉ BE, latest patches to OS and the apps
    04-15-18 05:48 PM
    The return of the %B shortcut is necessary for all the heavy PKB users !
    Please bring it back on Android, it would be a huge relief :-)

Thanks in advance guys. BlackBerry Android is starting to get usable!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-16-18 02:40 AM

* Short Date (%d)
    * Long Date (%D)
    * Short Time (%t)
    * Long Time(%T)
    * Owner Name (%o)
    * Owner Info (%O)
    * Phone Number (%p)
    * Handheld Pin (%P)
    * Backspace (%b)
    * Delete (%B)

The "always on" was squashed? Was this an OS update or BlackBerry keyboard? Do you mind sharing your versions for both?
    04-16-18 04:21 AM
    @Liam

Great post.
    Great! Now on to the cursor mode bug, and shift delete bug....
    Last edited by CBuser3215; 04-16-18 at 05:00 AM.
    04-16-18 04:30 AM
    The "always on" was squashed? Was this an OS update or BlackBerry keyboard? Do you mind sharing your versions for both?
    It was fixed with the last keyboard update.

I'm on OS Version AAW377 & BlackBerry Keyboard Version 3.3.0.14965 fixed it.
    Last edited by danp2000; 04-16-18 at 07:46 AM.
    04-16-18 07:06 AM

* Short Date (%d)
    * Long Date (%D)
    * Short Time (%t)
    * Long Time(%T)
    * Owner Name (%o)
    * Owner Info (%O)
    * Phone Number (%p)
    * Handheld Pin (%P)
    * Backspace (%b)
    * Delete (%B)

Does anybody know if this is in the works or being considered for the Key2? I used this extensively on the Passport.
    01-04-19 08:54 PM
    Does anybody know if this is in the works or being considered for the Key2? I used this extensively on the Passport.
    I have a feeling it has fallen off the radar screen if not the edge of the earth.
    01-05-19 02:32 PM