12-16-16 06:31 PM
    Do we know he isn't referring to the firearms Remington? Remington no. 2 rolling block rifle?
    Thud Hardsmack, PJD642 and wobly like this.
    12-16-16 06:32 PM
    What's the Euler diagram between "typewriter wonks" and "BlackBerry aficionados" anyway?
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    12-16-16 06:37 PM
    Do we know he isn't referring to the firearms Remington? Remington no. 2 rolling block rifle?
    Lol. He might be.
    12-16-16 06:44 PM
    Maybe in reference to blackberry being outdated? 😂
    12-16-16 06:47 PM
    What's the Euler diagram between "typewriter wonks" and "BlackBerry aficionados" anyway?
    Yes, we get it, you think people who prefer pkb's are below you.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-16-16 06:54 PM
    Don't think I would mind it either way, lol.

12-16-16 06:54 PM
    It might, except for the 1878 reference which points to the typewriter.
    Sigewif likes this.
    12-16-16 07:01 PM
    It might, except for the 1878 reference which points to the typewriter.
    Right. And the fact that BlackBerry has nothing to do with guns.
    12-16-16 07:06 PM
    Right. And the fact that BlackBerry has nothing to do with guns.
    It does when it comes to taking BB10 out back and out of its misery.

Harmss and PALoeza like this.
    12-16-16 08:03 PM
    So TCL is indeed making the keyboard device it appears. So maybe not in house like we thought?
    Uzi and Plazmic Flame like this.
    12-16-16 08:18 PM
    TCL and Blackberry will put out a reinvented typewriter.

Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky
    ominaxe likes this.
    12-16-16 08:21 PM
    So TCL is indeed making the keyboard device it appears. So maybe not in house like we thought?
    "Last in-house device" was put to John Chen as a question and since it was already an in-house design, he said something like "maybe we can call it that".

The story got reported as "John Chen promises last in- houses device". It was exactly what BlackBerry fans wanted even if it was only an in-house design.

Marty Beard later said more than once that BlackBerry was no longer in the hardware business and that people misunderstood.
    PALoeza likes this.
    12-16-16 08:30 PM
    I'm still going with the theory BlackBerry handing over blueprints to TCL to complete and cost-cut for final production.
    12-16-16 08:34 PM
    Well it's nice to hear someone pumped up about a pkb phone, for once. I don't really care who builds it, as long as it's done well.

And I've been seeing a lot more PRIVs in the wild lately too...not kidding.
    Alex Chumney likes this.
    12-16-16 08:42 PM
    I'm still going with the theory BlackBerry handing over blueprints to TCL to complete and cost-cut for final production.
    I'm still going with the theory that when BlackBerry repeatedly said they were getting out of hardware, they meant they were getting out of hardware, even if they already had a Mercury prototype.
    PALoeza likes this.
    12-16-16 08:45 PM
    right which is what i was inferring
    12-16-16 08:52 PM
    Maybe with TCL in the picture pricing will be good, as only the dtek series phones has been price right on launch. The only thing that concerns me is the lack of CDMA phones made by TCL on Verizon.
    12-16-16 10:04 PM
    right which is what i was inferring
    You implied, we inferred

As long as SOMEONE is making a PKB BlackBerry, it doesn't matter to me who it is. It obviously looks like BB did a lot of the design work, and is just going to lean on the TCL supply chain for production.

It's also great to see that TCL is already doing some marketing for the device...
    PALoeza likes this.
    12-17-16 12:21 AM
    You implied, we inferred

As long as SOMEONE is making a PKB BlackBerry, it doesn't matter to me who it is. It obviously looks like BB did a lot of the design work, and is just going to lean on the TCL supply chain for production.

It's also great to see that TCL is already doing some marketing for the device...
    TCL implied, he inferred. Thanks for playing though.
    12-17-16 12:31 AM
    Hey, what twitter app are you using? Also, on a classic??
    12-17-16 01:18 AM
    Who care about "in house" or not. Chen doesn't even know what the words coming out of his mouth mean half the time. The fact is the device is coming. Why does everyone care about in house or not. They consider the Dtek devices in house and all that means is responsibility for marketing and distribution which they clearly suck at anyways.
    PALoeza and Barbareren like this.
    12-17-16 01:25 AM
    Like others have said I just want a quality design device. I think BlackBerry devices have always been quality built. Not going to lie I was in the belief they were designing their last device. Could there be two qwerty devices coming? Doubt it but I am ready to see what they show. Also it seems they have a genuine excitement about thee device and their partnership with bb. I hope something good comes of this.
    PALoeza likes this.
    12-17-16 01:51 AM
    We are going to go through this again it seems...

12-17-16 02:07 AM
    "Last in-house device" was put to John Chen as a question and since it was already an in-house design, he said something like "maybe we can call it that".

The story got reported as "John Chen promises last in- houses device". It was exactly what BlackBerry fans wanted even if it was only an in-house design.

Marty Beard later said more than once that BlackBerry was no longer in the hardware business and that people misunderstood.
    So when was the last time BB actually manufactured a device? Just curious...

12-17-16 02:09 AM
93 123 ...