Mercury development is completed and the phone is ready for release. Chen has stated that he is unsure whether or not to green light it. If you want to see this phone, please sign the petition. If we all throw in a signature, we can get it done. Thanks.

https://www.change.org/p/john-chen-j...edium=copylink
    09-29-16 07:11 AM
    How about a crowd fund!
    09-29-16 08:13 AM
    Specs of the Mercury?

BB10 whilst waiting.....
    09-29-16 08:38 AM
    Specs of the Mercury?

BB10 whilst waiting.....
    Should be better than the DTEK50 as per the leaks
    Which means it will be good enough for people who really just want the PKB, and the essential apps (no games)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-29-16 08:40 AM
    If it had been green lighted and is now ready, the money has already been allocated and spent prior to the the Q2 call. Why would they not release it?

Posted via CB PRIV
    09-29-16 08:48 AM
    Another petition, take a shot.

*glug*
    09-29-16 09:02 AM
    If it had been green lighted and is now ready, the money has already been allocated and spent prior to the the Q2 call.

Posted via CB PRIV
    Are those facts?
    09-29-16 09:20 AM
    Mercury development is completed and the phone is ready for release. Chen has stated that he is unsure whether or not to green light it. If you want to see this phone, please sign the petition. If we all throw in a signature, we can get it done. Thanks.

https://www.change.org/p/john-chen-j...edium=copylink
    With you buddy, I'll post it on my twitter page see if I can drum up some more support

 PASSPORT 
    09-29-16 09:24 AM
    Are those facts?
    I dunno, that's why I began with "if".

My point is that once the yearly budget is set, each department is allocated their own specific budget and it becomes a use it or lose it affair. So, if Mercury is the last product designed in house it no longer matters if it gets released or not, in terms of BlackBerry's finances, because the money has already been spent and accounted for. Of course they don't have to release it, but at this point why would they not? The money is already lost.

Posted via CB PRIV.
    09-29-16 09:54 AM
    So, if Mercury is the last product designed in house it no longer matters if it gets released or not, in terms of BlackBerry's finances, because the money has already been spent and accounted for. Of course they don't have to release it, but at this point why would they not? The money is already lost.
    This may be true, but would they not have to put in additional resources to actually manufacture and distribute the device.... yes the R&D money has been spent, and it may be market ready... but how much of that "pie" would you say has already been allocated and spent versus how much more money they would have to spend to manufacture... distribute... market.... and eventually... support... as i am sure that they will need to invest in resources to support Android updates for the unique form factor and custom hardware.... i'm thinking this is the kind of stuff chen is trying to iron out and decide if it would be cost effective to continue or just cut his losses and move on with completely licencing out the PKB patent and moving on with a totally different device made by a different company etc etc...
    09-29-16 10:40 AM
    The petition was the DTEK50, Those people who wanted future phones should have bought one.
    09-29-16 11:13 AM
    The petition was the DTEK50, Those people who wanted future phones should have bought one.
    Well I bought a Priv, that was way more money heading their way.
    09-29-16 01:09 PM
    This may be true, but would they not have to put in additional resources to actually manufacture and distribute the device.... yes the R&D money has been spent, and it may be market ready... but how much of that "pie" would you say has already been allocated and spent versus how much more money they would have to spend to manufacture... distribute... market.... and eventually... support... as i am sure that they will need to invest in resources to support Android updates for the unique form factor and custom hardware.... i'm thinking this is the kind of stuff chen is trying to iron out and decide if it would be cost effective to continue or just cut his losses and move on with completely licencing out the PKB patent and moving on with a totally different device made by a different company etc etc...
    I guess it would depend on the budget at hand, but I imagine their distribution partners play a larger role. Meaning the costs of delivery depends on orders.

Posted via CB PRIV.
    09-29-16 02:00 PM
    So the people waiting for a Classic/Passport successor with a physical keyboard should have bought a slab device in order to be able to then bought the phone they really wanted ? Genius

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 02:26 PM
    I don't understand this thread at all and the fact that it includes a call for a petition turns me off completely.

Chen already said that we'd see another keyboard device. And, as far as "BlackBerry" devices, they aren't going to stop. They are just going to use a different manufacturing model and, yes, this means they will no longer designed and produced by BlackBerry.

The most sure you can be for BlackBerry to keep making devices with a physical keyboard is to buy the next one they make. There is a chance that it could be the last but your added sales figure won't hurt the chance for that also not being the case. There is also a chance that the world ends tomorrow and the Priv is the last device they make with a PKB. You really shouldn't stress about things that you can't be sure of, you just have to be comfortable with that uncertainty.
    BB-JAM215 and z3user like this.
    09-29-16 02:31 PM
    If it had been green lighted and is now ready, the money has already been allocated and spent prior to the the Q2 call. Why would they not release it?

Posted via CB PRIV
    Exactly why a petition isn't needed. Chen is playing with people. It's coming.
    09-30-16 07:41 PM
    I like to hear that. My gut feeling was they'd release it, I hope it pans out.
    09-30-16 07:45 PM
    So would you like to join in on the bet?

I totally want to watch those fear-mongers eat there own words when it is released.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    10-01-16 12:31 AM
    Yeah, I would have something to say to a few people out here when it's released.
    10-01-16 01:56 AM
    How about a crowd fund!
    +1 Let's Put Our Money Where Our Mouths Are

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 02:22 AM
    Only 118 of us signed the petition. We need more!
    10-01-16 02:38 AM
    How would playing help him or BlackBerry in any way? *genuinely asking*

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-01-16 02:47 AM
    Yes please!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 03:46 AM
    Bb10 YES
    Android : NO

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 04:36 AM
    Just give me a good phone come next summer. Otherwise it's going to be the Priv at a nice price. No matter how, there will be at least one more upgrade for me in the pipeline! But I'm quite sure the keyboard phone is coming, so two upgrades at least for me. I won't have to worry until summer 2019 and I bet ya if they license keyboard patterns, we'll be well set for years to come! No worries!
    10-01-16 04:48 AM
55 123