This piece of rubbish software doesn't even copy telephone numbers from one phone to another - what is the point. Yes, followed everything to the letter, no errors or messages saying other than all ok.

Z30 -> Passport

Have lost loads of contacts now and having to go through the ritual of "sorry who is this, my phone has lost it's numbers"

Another point - why 2 pieces of software - Link and Blend. Why isn't there one to manage everything?

Rant over.
    04-16-15 03:28 AM
    Not sure what problem you are having because you haven't told us.
    I've transferred data from one BB10 phone to another often using Backup and Restore in Link.

Much better is to use an online email account like Outlook.com or Gmail and sync your contacts that way.

Another option is to purchase an App that exports your contacts and then restores them on the other BB. Contact X is one I think does it.
    04-16-15 04:09 AM
    Cheers for the reply, sorry thought it was obvious with the Z30-> Passport and the description of copying from one phone to another text.

Just to clarify - a lot of telephone numbers haven't come across and in some cases where that's the only piece of information I have on that person there is then no contact. Gmail, Hotmail, facebook, twitter, linkedin - well these get updated back on your phone after you supply the password to those accounts - these are there and many have contact numbers missing. Telephone numbers don't live there, they live in the phone and should have come across.

At least give me a detailed sync report to show what was at source and what was sent to target.

Yeah, have IntouchApp Conacts as an app - stopped using it as these apps tend to corrupt your contact lists, they don't handle links very well and therefore create multiples of the same contact on restore and then your open to corrupted data at worst and having to recreate the links for each contact at best. Well that was my experience about 18-24 months ago, maybe things have improved???

BBOS had a great backup restore option for contacts - why cant BB10?

Just checked - seems that Groups didn't come across either <sigh>
    04-16-15 04:34 AM
    This piece of rubbish software doesn't even copy telephone numbers from one phone to another - what is the point.
    For a second there I thought you were talking about my iPhone ---

What is the real problem? Do you blame your phone for that YOU are still living in the past and not using Cloud services such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail, Live ??

or use backup software that can do all the backup and restore of contacts and other data for you...
    Backup/Restore in Link can do it, or backup apps using the device itself and backing up to memorycard or cloud...

or BlackBerry Link that can sync contacts with your local Outlook ...

Link and Blend are two different things, - and from the Installer you can choose which one you want to install, or both if you need them.

The apps also use different technology to connect to the device, - because of the different nature of the apps.

Blend is not really doing anything on the client at all, it is just a "window" into your phone. All you do - happens on your phone...

So your "rubbish" software - is rather "rubbish" from OP ... sorry dude,... a more humble approach from you asking for help could have done you much more good...
    04-16-15 02:45 PM
    How are you transferring them? Device switch?
    04-16-15 04:21 PM
    There were bugs related to contacts on the sim itself in 10.3.1. I suspect your problem is BB10, not Link in this case.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 05:37 PM