Windows 10 Home version 1607, build 14393.222.
    222 is last kb released couple of days ago

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 Phone
    10-03-16 09:58 AM
    222 is last kb released couple of days ago
    I noticed it was broken after I finally got the big 1607 update about a week ago. Before that I was on 1511.
    I also have iTunes installed which seems to be an issue.
    10-03-16 10:02 AM
    I have .222 on my Lenovo Carbon X1 and Blend and Link work great. My Playbook even works great on Link.
    10-03-16 10:02 AM
    I have .222 on my Lenovo Carbon X1 and Blend and Link work great. My Playbook even works great on Link.
    odd, is it pro or home version?
    10-03-16 10:43 AM
    These past few months of Windows 10 updates broke alot...Windows 10 patch management has been horrid experience. It disabled and was stuck on update process for my laptop. Had to wipe it out and restore....Reflection more of Windows 10 then anything...Been awful!
    10-03-16 10:43 AM
    I noticed it was broken after I finally got the big 1607 update about a week ago. Before that I was on 1511.
    I also have iTunes installed which seems to be an issue.
    iTunes is no issue to me ... I have an iPhone and rely on that a lot but yeah only Link has stopped working.
    10-03-16 10:44 AM
    odd, is it pro or home version?
    Pro.
    10-03-16 12:04 PM
    I had the same problem. I uninstalled all BB software, restarted the PC and installed again from the last Link version ....52_B59, connected my Passport, started Link who asked to sign in with BB account and all is good.
    I did the same on another machine connected with a Z30.
    Both work great now.
    10-03-16 12:31 PM
    I've just installed link on to a clean surface (never had link installed before), and it is on 222 latest patch. Link is working. This means I need to fresh install windows on my PC!
    10-03-16 12:46 PM
    Updated today to the latest Windows 10 build (Pro 14393.222) and both Link and Blend still working flawless.

Windows 10 Update 1607 Broke Blackberry Link-win_10_14393.222_bblink.jpg
    10-03-16 12:55 PM
    iTunes is no issue to me ... I have an iPhone and rely on that a lot but yeah only Link has stopped working.
    I'm not having any issues with iTunes itself either, but like you I use it for my IOS devices and I'm not going to remove it to see if it helps to fix Link.
    10-03-16 01:14 PM
    This was just posted in the Blackberry Link has stopped working thread by John Clark:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12613197

?BlackBerry Link has stopped working? after updating to iTunes 12.5
    OVERVIEW
    After updating iTunes to version 12.5, BlackBerry Link fails to open with the error;
    BlackBerry Link has stopped working

WORKAROUND
    Rename the iTunesPrefs.xml file and relaunch BlackBerry Link

Please note: Completing the below steps may have adverse effects on the iTunes functionality. For further information, please contact Apple support.

To rename the iTunesPrefs.xml file;
    Turn on Show hidden files and folders
    Navigate to C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\
    Rename the iTunesPrefs XML file file to iTunesPrefs.old
    ​Once completed, it would be recommended to turn off Show hidden files and folders.
    zocster likes this.
    10-03-16 04:13 PM
    that has fixed it, and no real adverse effect on itunes that I can notice immediately.
    10-03-16 05:04 PM
    that has fixed it, and no real adverse effect on itunes that I can notice immediately.
    All that renaming the iTunes prefs file did for me was that I can now open Link without getting an error. I still have the problem reported by others that Link doesn't recognize their device when it is connected.

I now get the "Not connected to.. " error with the only choices being to Remove Device or Reload Device Software (Restore to Factory Settings).

I was surprised to see that iTunes so far doesn't seem to miss the prefs file and hasn't created a new one (which was what I expected to see when I refreshed the folder).
    10-03-16 06:29 PM
    It worked!! Just renaming the iTunes prefs file. How did anyone figure that out? Who thought that iTunes had anything to do with Link? And I had uninstalled iTunes, too.
    10-03-16 10:13 PM
    All that renaming the iTunes prefs file did for me was that I can now open Link without getting an error. I still have the problem reported by others that Link doesn't recognize their device when it is connected.

I now get the "Not connected to.. " error with the only choices being to Remove Device or Reload Device Software (Restore to Factory Settings).

I was surprised to see that iTunes so far doesn't seem to miss the prefs file and hasn't created a new one (which was what I expected to see when I refreshed the folder).
    That is strange, as I was still able to load snap, even when Link was broken, now Link can open, and it still detects my Q10 ...
    10-03-16 10:20 PM
    I guess that's why I have had no trouble-----no iTunes for me
    zocster likes this.
    10-03-16 10:21 PM
    I can't believe that the official BlackBerry recommended fix is something that will break iTunes. Wow, that's terrible.
    10-04-16 10:02 AM
    I can't believe that the official BlackBerry recommended fix is something that will break iTunes. Wow, that's terrible.
    It didn't break iTunes for me, but then it didn't entirely fix Link for me either. BlackBerry is very unlikely to make any revisions to Link at this point, but at least they made the effort to do some troubleshooting and identified the source of the conflict with iTunes.
    10-04-16 10:21 AM
    I cannot image why changing iTunesPref file extension would work or how it is possibly connected to Blackberry Link. But the recommendations set out by BB-JAM215 have solved my Blackberry Link problem.

I am using Windows 10 Pro. I had to reboot my computer and phone (Q10) but after that I was able to sync perfectly (NB: I use companionlink to synchronize with Time and Chaos PIM but Blackberry Link must be running in order for everything to work together). I cannot confirm or deny any problems with iTunes as it is software I avoid like the plague. I don't even remember the circumstance that caused me to have it on my computer in the first place (Probably something to do with my kids though.)

BB-JAM215 if you're ever in Toronto, I owe you a liquid refreshment of your choice.

Thanks!

Michael Crawford
    BB-JAM215 and Ecm like this.
    10-04-16 02:53 PM
    I was thinking about installing Link on my old laptop which now has Windows 10 1607 on it just to see if that might work for me.
    Then I remembered that I had installed BB Link on my old iMac a while back, but I never had reason to use it.
    So, now that I now longer use Link on my PC to sync my calendar and contacts I've switch to using Link on my iMac just to do backups, just in case I need to do a restore one day.
    10-04-16 08:34 PM
    Hello BB-JAM215 thankyou so much for your efforts after doing a Windows reset to get Link going I tried your suggestions on my second computer where Link was not working and I was not prepared to do another windows reset on it. Your suggestions worked beautifully thankyou. I must admit that after 15 years as a Blackberry user I now have a very bitter taste over all this. Again thank you very much!!!!!!
    10-05-16 02:56 AM
    Hello BB-JAM215 thankyou so much for your efforts after doing a Windows reset to get Link going I tried your suggestions on my second computer where Link was not working and I was not prepared to do another windows reset on it. Your suggestions worked beautifully thankyou. I must admit that after 15 years as a Blackberry user I now have a very bitter taste over all this. Again thank you very much!!!!!!
    We should thank both bb-jam and John Clark for the solution...
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    10-05-16 03:00 AM
    Yes Sir to John Clark also but how did this all happen and what was the real cause please?
    10-05-16 03:47 AM
    Here's another twist to this, on my main computer which I did a Windows Reset to get Link to Work I have ITunes 12.5 running and I went looking for the iTunes Prefs xml file and it is not there at all???
    10-05-16 04:25 AM
101 12345