12-16-16 07:25 AM
101 123 ...
tools
    This patch Tuesday Windows 10 Update 1607 broke Blackberry Link.

Since applying this patch Blackberry Link will not see the Q10 is attached to the Windows 10 PC. Windows will see that a device is attached via USB. It will even mount the SD and Internal storage as drives available to your computer. What does work is that Blackberry Link does not see the Q10.

So for me what is not good is that Photos don't get automatically backed up and worse I can no longer Backup or Restore my Blackberry 10 device if I use Windows 10. This issue applies to both Windows 10 32-bit and 64-bit versions as I tested it with both. Before the 1607 Update both machines could see and backup the Q10 and after the update neither machine can see Q10.

Hopefully Blackberry will issue an update for Blackberry Link. If not then Windows 10 is out of the question for backing up and restoring your Blackberry 10 device.

Yes there are work arounds besidesnot using Windows 10 like running a different version of Windows in a Virtual Machine. I did setup a Windows 7 VM under Virtual Box and Blackberry Link and Blend worked fine but not every user is going to have that available to them.

This was just posted in the Blackberry Link has stopped working thread by John Clark:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12613197

?BlackBerry Link has stopped working? after updating to iTunes 12.5
    OVERVIEW
    After updating iTunes to version 12.5, BlackBerry Link fails to open with the error;
    BlackBerry Link has stopped working

WORKAROUND
    Rename the iTunesPrefs.xml file and relaunch BlackBerry Link

Please note: Completing the below steps may have adverse effects on the iTunes functionality. For further information, please contact Apple support.

To rename the iTunesPrefs.xml file;
    Turn on Show hidden files and folders
    Navigate to C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\
    Rename the iTunesPrefs XML file file to iTunesPrefs.old
    ​Once completed, it would be recommended to turn off Show hidden files and folders.
    Last edited by zocster; 10-03-16 at 05:11 PM. Reason: solution posted
    09-15-16 10:38 AM
    It was bound to happen.... when you have a software package that isn't being updated then eventually it won't function as intended.

Based on how long it's been since LINK was updated, the fact that Blend was just EOL and the overall fading of "real" support for BB10.... I would not put much hope in BlackBerry patching this.
    09-15-16 10:59 AM
    link hasn't been updated since 2015, so yes, it is in BlackBerry's court now.
    09-15-16 11:12 AM
    Has anyone else confirmed that this is happening to them? Does anyone know WHY it doesn't work? I know that Windows 10 makes a lot of problems with my old Nokia unsigned drivers and that is why I still primarily use Windows 7.
    09-16-16 04:36 PM
    I may have been disabled by the same 2nd Tuesday update 9/13/2016, but on Windows 7 64-bit.
    My BlackBerry Link crashes almost immediately after the splash screen shows at Windows startup:
    Description:
    Faulting application name: BlackBerryLink.exe, version: 1.2.4.39, time stamp: 0x55637b50
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23539, time stamp: 0x57c99884
    KERNELBASE.dll shows a created date of 9/2/2016 just before this month's Windows Update date.
    Previously, everything had been working flawlessly and used almost daily (USB sync with my Z30 and Outlook, remote access to files on my home computers).

I've uninstalled and re-installed BlackBerry Link package (Link, Blend, Drivers) and checked online to confirm 2015 is latest date for package. Same error occurs. I'm stuck and no solutions found with searching CrackBerry Forums nor on the web.

Remote File Access is still working wirelessly from my BB Z30 to get to both my Windows 10 laptop and Windows 7 desktop files.
    BB Link runs on my Win 10, pops up when I connect my Z30 by USB connection, but only shows Internal storage (see attached) thereby preventing any camera photo uploads.

Windows 10 Update 1607 Broke Blackberry Link-bb-device-manager-properties_b.png

So sad. This Windows Update may be the "straw that broke" BB's user devotion. These failures may sever their excellent hardware (still LOVE my Z30, but have a new Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge ready) from any useful function connected with our work/home computers. I can no longer sync my Outlook Calendar/Contacts with my Z30.
    Last edited by J_A_Fauske; 09-16-16 at 06:35 PM.
    09-16-16 04:52 PM
    I may have been disabled by the same 2nd Tuesday update 9/13/2016, but on Windows 7 64-bit.
    My BlackBerry Link crashes almost immediately after the splash screen shows at Windows startup:
    Description:
    Faulting application name: BlackBerryLink.exe, version: 1.2.4.39, time stamp: 0x55637b50
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23539, time stamp: 0x57c99884
    KERNELBASE.dll shows a created date of 9/2/2016 just before this month's Windows Update date.
    Previously, everything had been working flawlessly and used almost daily (USB sync with my Z30 and Outlook, remote access to files on my home computers).

I've uninstalled and re-installed BlackBerry Link package (Link, Blend, Drivers) and checked online to confirm 2015 is latest date for package. Same error occurs. I'm stuck and no solutions found with searching CrackBerry Forums nor on the web.

Remote File Access is still working wirelessly from my BB Z30 to get to both my Windows 10 laptop and Windows 7 desktop files.
    BB Link runs on my Win 10, pops up when I connect my Z30 by USB connection, but only shows Internal storage (see attached) thereby preventing any camera photo uploads.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Device Manager Properties_b.png 
Views:	1173 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	408471

So sad. This Windows Update may be the "straw that broke" BB's user devotion. These failures may sever their excellent hardware (still LOVE my Z30, but have a new Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge ready) from any useful function connected with our work/home computers. I can no longer sync my Outlook Calendar/Contacts with my Z30.
    I am getting the same error on Windows 7 after the last update. I have not installed the windows 10 - 1607 update yet..
    09-18-16 10:31 AM
    Did you update iTunes by chance this week? The issue might be iTunes not Windows 10
    09-18-16 03:06 PM
    Did you update iTunes by chance this week? The issue might be iTunes not Windows 10

I don't think iTunes is the cause. The 1607 update has broken Link on both my desktop and notebook. And, my notebook has never had iTunes installed.

FYI, Remote File Access still works on both.
    09-18-16 03:10 PM
    my issue is on windows 7. I updated iTunes this week and did a windows update too. Thereafter Blackberry link stopped working. I have not been able to resolve.
    09-18-16 05:50 PM
    Please read my BlackBerry Link stopped working the solution is there
    09-18-16 05:57 PM
    I don't have a solution other than my Windows 10 1607 update did effect Link and Blend.

I uninstalled them both using IObit that does a deeper uninstall. Then reinstalled both and they work fine for my BlackBerry Passport, BlackBerry PlayBook, and BlackBerry Z10.

IObit Uninstaller
    http://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php

Hope this helps.

PassportSQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    09-18-16 06:37 PM
    I will try. At this point my issue is on a Windows 7 machine.
    09-18-16 09:48 PM
    Hi Everybody,

I did a backup of my Q10 just tonight. I figured out what the problem is.

Since updating my PC to Windows 10, what occurs is the mass storage is turned on by default on your BlackBerry 10 device. So effectively the only thing you can do is access the SD card. As you know, Mass Storage turns your BlackBerry 10 device into an external drive which prevents it from connecting to your Windows 10 PC.

So I will explain it in step by step actions to make it easy for everyone having this problem.

1. Go to system settings.
    2. Scroll down to storage and access
    3. Select storage and access
    4. At the top select Access using USB
    5. You will see USB Mass Storage Mode is ON
    6. Turn Off Mass Storage Mode
    7. If your BlackBerry 10 device is connected to your Windows 10 PC, disconnect it.
    8. Reconnect your BlackBerry 10 device to your Windows 10 PC
    9. You will see a pop up on your BlackBerry 10 device screen that will give you the choices of install drivers, Charge Only, or do nothing.
    10. Select install drivers
    11. This part takes patience. Allow the BlackBerry 10 device to install the drivers onto your Windows 10 PC. This took about 10-15 min for my Windows 10 PC. You will see a pop up progress bar on the screen.
    12. Once the drivers are installed, disconnect your BlackBerry 10 device again. This allows the device to start from scratch by connecting to your Windows 10 PC.

This did work for me. I hope I've helped everyone!

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 11:37 PM
    Hello kissarmy does this make Blackberry Link work again?
    09-20-16 12:33 AM
    Hello kissarmy does this make Blackberry Link work again?
    Hi there,

As far as I understood from everyone on CB, is BlackBerry 10 devices would not connect to Windows 10 PC. So I purposely did a backup last night to troubleshoot the problem.

The steps I took make it possible to have your BlackBerry 10 device become recognized by your PC. This in turn will connect with BlackBerry Link to make it possible to do backups and file transfers and such.

So.....I believe the answer is yes!

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 06:54 AM
    Where is the solution?
    09-21-16 06:14 PM
    5. You will see USB Mass Storage Mode is ON
    6. Turn Off Mass Storage Mode
    USB Mass Storage Mode was already OFF on my Classic
    HighwayBob likes this.
    09-22-16 02:57 AM
    I don't have Mass Storage turned on. I did the Tuesday Win 10 update.Just got home today, tried to run BB Link and got a Windows 10 error saying BlackBerry Link has stopped working.

I uninstalled BB Link, restarted Windows, re-installed BB Link & Drivers from BB Desktop Software v1.2.0.52 07-08-2015 with no problems, restarted Windows, ran BB Link and got the same Windows 10 error.
    Ian Farmer likes this.
    09-22-16 06:52 PM
    link hasn't been updated since 2015, so yes, it is in BlackBerry's court now.
    This will be a good test of BlackBerry's "continuing support" for BB10.
    09-22-16 07:02 PM
    This will be a good test of BlackBerry's "continuing support" for BB10.
    The answer to that is simple. There is none. BlackBerry Link for Windows system requirements

BB10 is dead.

In fact, BB hardware may be dead this time next week http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/i...dware-division
    09-23-16 06:30 AM
    The answer to that is simple. There is none. BlackBerry Link for Windows system requirements

BB10 is dead.

In fact, BB hardware may be dead this time next week Is BlackBerry about to close its hardware division?
    You're right, there won't be an update to fix Link for Win 10:
    Article Number: 000038546 First Published: September 22, 2016
    "BlackBerry Link supports Windows XP SP3 or later, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 - 32 bit, 2010 - 64 bit, 2013 .
    Please note that Windows 10 and Outlook 2016 are not supported"

"BB 10 is dead": It's been obvious for a long time that BlackBerry is done with BB10.

As for "BB Hardware" being "dead", that is a reference to BlackBerry manufacturing devices, a business they left a while ago, so they no longer need a hardware division and closing it wouldn't change much.

BlackBerry is however still in the Android hardware business, even if it only involves design and not manufacturing.
    Biggles likes this.
    09-23-16 09:59 AM
    As suggested in this thread of uninstalling Link and Blend and reinstalling them, I did that and that worked for me on both the Windows10 32 and 64-bit Machines.

Hopefully that next time that works also...
    09-23-16 11:04 AM
    Has anyone else confirmed that this is happening to them?
    I can. Link no longer sees my Classic. Luckily for me I never used it much (too buggy, even on Win 7). I do like Blend though and it's really to bad it won't be updated anymore.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    09-23-16 11:40 AM
    I'm using Windows 10 with Office 2016 and have now got my Office Outlook Contacts and Calendar syncing to BB10 through my Outlook.com account. At least now I'll be in good shape when I do make the move to Android.
    09-23-16 05:06 PM
    When link had issues in the past one solution was to turn off the windows automatic search for error solutions online. Once that was turned off it allowed BlackBerry software to get through.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 06:13 PM
101 123 ...